Options

New 400 Model T@B?

Comments

• Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Suggested $???   From the other post, looks to be $28000 to $30000.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    skwhee, Thanks for all the additional info, and perspectives. Great to hear from folks that gave it a good shakedown in an actual application!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    edited January 2017
    Another video walk through, this one is very thorough.

https://youtu.be/qzekOiKlWAs

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Nathan, Thanks for sharing that one, great walk-through video!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Just showed that video to DH - he really likes the additional space.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    great job, looks fantastic
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Thanks, Nathan. The Hadocey guys always do a nice job with their videos. It looks really good. The NuCamp/PV guys and gals should be proud of this! There are elements that make it tempting (closet, especially) but I am not sure the larger footprint is worth it for me, overall....I could go either way with this.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    It is very tempting for us as well.  The dedicated bed and dinette is something we would really like to have.  Maybe in a few years when I upgrade the TV, I would rather have something that can town 5000 pounds for the 400.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    I would love to learn more about the air conditioner unit.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    When I bought mine in 2014 (2015 model), there was an option on the dealer sheet for roof A/C - I ordered that but at some point the factory withdrew the option and I got the wall mount.
  • Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    There's a thread that has a poor black T@B with a roof AC. It was slowly squishing the roof. Poor sad T@B!! I couldn't find the pic.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Ratkity said:
    There's a thread that has a poor black T@B with a roof AC. It was slowly squishing the roof. Poor sad T@B!! I couldn't find the pic.
    I've seen it twice. Part of its problem is the weight of the A/C, the other part is the fact it is painted jet black and sits in the Florida sun.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    Under the driver side dining seat
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    GAPeachGAPeach Member Posts: 15
    @jkjenn oh my goodness, you are so right!  European RV and trailers are beautiful I wish American manufacturers would update interiors without it costing an arm and a leg!
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Ratkity said:
    I've seen it twice. Part of its problem is the weight of the A/C, the other part is the fact it is painted jet black and sits in the Florida sun.
    Yeah, there is a story behind that T@B.  It is a very early Dutchman T@B, I want to say #125, or around there, but I could be wrong.  It was originally owned by a Floridian who had it painted black to match his Hummer TV and added the giant A/C unit because, well, Florida.

The Dutchman T@B's were never built to handle the weight of these A/C units, even small ones.  This early one had some kind of honeycomb support system, don't know much about it, but you can see how the weight has affected it here.  This whole set up, TV included, scares me to no end.

You can install a small Coleman or Dometic A/C (see video above, actually) on a nüCamp T@B as they have much stronger roofs.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    @GAPeach, I completely agree. I keep wondering why American RV designers think that brown, beige, black and gray are the only available colors for RV interior? Are they all colorblind?!
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Ok, I'll bite - What colors besides those? - My T@B's burgundy.
    Did you know you can actually pick your own fabric and send it to the factory on a custom build.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I managed to get Outback gray upholstery in my S despite my dealer telling me I couldn't get it, after Scott Hubble told someone on Facebook that yes, you can get it on a non outback. Could not have lived with any of the standard fabrics. Nucamp really should offer some neutral fabrics as standard options. I rather like the light colored cabinetry although I'd have liked the Tabitha woodwork more.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    GeoGeo Member Posts: 160
    The black T@B has been to the BRR (Blue Ridge Rally) as well as the pic above at the Little Guy rally in Ohio. Gunther (the owner) has reinforced the roof. He was not the owner who painted the T@B and installed the AC. I do agree it looks scary, but it does work for him. We have speculated that the honeycomb effect was from the black color in the Florida sun wrinkling the aluminum skin.
    The DM T@B's were built with wooden roof rafters and the PV/NC T@B's are built with aluminum rafters. 
    Geo & Liz
    T@BMahal
    '04  #100
  • Options
    Back on topic, from Scott Hubble about where you might be able to see the new 400 this show season,

Good Morning Guys...I'm afraid I don't have any concrete answers for you. At this point, we've created 3 prototype units with the first production unit rolling off in the next week or so. The 3 units we have out are in the field to be on display at shows.

1 left for Missouri to be part of 3 shows, but you'll have to check with Dana at Missouri Teardrop Trailers to see what shows they are.

Another one went north of the border into Quebec for several shows via Groupe Alliance and the last one is in Ohio for 6 shows courtesy of Haydocy Airstream and RV.

I know there is a concerted effort to get a unit into the Florida RV Trade Association annual Supershow, so we will see. There will be a handful of other units trickling out that could end up near you.

Long story short, there are an extremely limited number of units right now and we won't be able to get everywhere we'd like to be this show season. That said, we should have fairly good coverage across the country by mid-spring or so. Thanks for being patient.

This is from a Facebook post and the links lead to various Facebook pages.  I left them in as they may help you out.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    From Haydocy RV, here is the listing of features for the 400:

Ext. Length – 18’
    Ext. Width – 85”
    Ext. Height – 97”
    Bed Area – 79” x 58”
    Inter Height – 6’7”
    Interior Width – 80.5”
    Fresh Water – 30 gal
    Gray Water – 18 gal
    Black Water – 12 gal
    Tire Size – 205/75/14
    GAWR – 3500lbs
    Tongue Weight (no battery, no luggage) – 325lbs
    Overall Weight – 2550lbs
    Infinity Flooring
    Froli Sleep System
    2-way, 2.7 cub. Ft. Fridge
    Alde Heat/Hot Water System
    Queen Bed with underbed storage
    24” TV and AM/FM/DVD w/Premium Speakers
    3 person dinette (converts to 2nd sleeping area)
    Wetbath with pull down sink & heated floor
    Ohio Amish Rich Real-Wood Cabinetry throughout
    Aluminum Frame Construction Technology
    Custom ABS Trim Kit w/ Upgraded LP Storage Tank
    8 sq. ft. Over-the-bed Stargazer Window
    Monster Front Picture Window
    Deep Circular Stainless Steel Glasstop Sink
    Glasstop 2-burner stove
    Storage Cubbies
    Direct & Indirect LED Lighting

There is still no price on it, but it can now be ordered through them and several other dealers.  Scott Hubble has said in an interview that it will be priced in the mid to upper 20's.  The RV industry is not required to provide MSRP's, so they often don't.  You will have to talk to your dealer.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2017
    I'm super disappointed that I won't be able to pull the 400 with my 2-door Jeep Wrangler :-(  The max tow is 2,000lbs.  I'd have to upgrade to the 4-door that can pull 3500, but I really don't like the 4-door Jeep for a lot of reasons.  I emailed my dealer to ask if its possible to get a custom built 400 that has some of the weight shaved off. He didn't seem optimistic that it would be an option to get a custom build.  I already carry the spare tire inside my Jeep, so maybe I could figure out how to shave some weight off on my own.  My Jeep is only a year old, so it really wouldn't be a very wise financial decision to trade for the 4-door this soon.  Nice to be fortunate enough to have these kinds of problems though I guess right?!
  • Options
    500 pounds is a lot of weight to shed, and even then it would only get you down to your maximum tow capacity.  I would recommend a larger TV, as difficult as that may be.

I would have never expected the 400 to be as light as the 320, and 2500 pounds is right about where I would expect them to land.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    TomStephens1TomStephens1 Member Posts: 88
    DebWild said:
    I see that NuCamp is coming to Pleasanton, CA in January but I don't see any mention of the T@B 400 coming out our way -- any chance it might be shown anywhere in CA sometime soon???

I went to the RV show in Pleasanton, but only saw the small T@G's.  They didn't even have any T@bs.
  • Options
    I got an email response from NuCamp the makers of the T@B and they said no way to shave off enough weight even with a custom build to get down to 2000 and I would still have the additional tounge weight.  No worries, I still have a super cute nearly brand new T@B SMax to keep me happy...and a nearly brand new tow vehicle! What more can you ask for.
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    @robyn769 We just upgraded our 2008 CR-V, although I was confident that it could have handled our new Tab without issue. So, I understand you frustration and down the road when all the Tab 400 beta testers have all the issues worked out, then maybe you'll be ready for a new TV. Just a thought.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    laurielealaurielea Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the 400 will come in a Clamshell?  Is there a floor plan or picture someone can post?

Thanks
  • Options
    As far as I understand, there are no plans for a clamshell version.

There are currently no floor plans, but a look back through this thread will present you with several video walk throughs.

Sterling, VA