Options

New 400 Model T@B?

Comments

• Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    edited January 2017
    I was looking at the European version of the 400 vs the American and it looks to me like the wheel on the European 400 is more centered where as on the American version it appears to be much further back.  I think the more centered wheel looks better.  The wheel being further back on the 400 must also affect tongue weight.  I couldn't find a tongue weight on the European sites that I looked at but I noted on the American tabs the lounge weight goes from #155 for the 320 to #325 for the 400.  Given the more modest increase in weight between the the 320 and the 400 that seems like a huge increase in tongue weight.  Is this going to be a more limiting factor then the total weight for what can tow the 400?

For us the MAX S looks like the better fit.  The smaller size and weight are comfortable for us.  The biggest plus for the MAX S over the 400 for us is that without the table the bed sets up like a couch and is very comfortable for lounging, watching a movie, playing a guitar or reading.  
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Interesting point about tongue weight. I wonder what the tongue weight would be with propane, a battery, and liquids in the tanks? That might preclude mounting the spare, a bike rack, or an Outback platform on the tongue.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    McTab22McTab22 Member Posts: 1
    I am anxiously waiting for the t@b 400 to hit the east coast. I would love to purchase a t@b and live on the road full time. Does anyone know if nucamp has discussed the interior design options or modifications? I've seen the prototype. Love the layout but some of the design seems very boxy and cold to me. 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I was looking forward to seeing the T@b 400 at Hadocey today, except it wasn't there. The receptionist said that "they took it away" but that it would be back for an RV show in a couple of weeks. Maybe it will be there when I go back to pick up my T@b.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I was looking at the European version of the 400 vs the American and it looks to me like the wheel on the European 400 is more centered where as on the American version it appears to be much further back.  I think the more centered wheel looks better.  The wheel being further back on the 400 must also affect tongue weight.  I couldn't find a tongue weight on the European sites that I looked at but I noted on the American tabs the lounge weight goes from #155 for the 320 to #325 for the 400.  Given the more modest increase in weight between the the 320 and the 400 that seems like a huge increase in tongue weight.  Is this going to be a more limiting factor then the total weight for what can tow the 400?
    The Prototype A had a much more centered axle.  nüCamp had some very good reasons for pushing the axle back a bit and adding to the tongue weight, mostly to do with handling, weight distribution and sway.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Tom's has one listed for sale on their website.  Someone at T@Bazona said the price is $35,000 (unconfirmed):
    http://www.tomscamperland.com/2017-Little-Guy-T@B-400---Surprise-Mesa-Phoenix-AZ/6099532

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    OutbackAZ said:
    Tom's has one listed for sale on their website.  Someone at T@Bazona said the price is $35,000 (unconfirmed):
    http://www.tomscamperland.com/2017-Little-Guy-T@B-400---Surprise-Mesa-Phoenix-AZ/6099532

I would imagine it will be cheaper in the east, closer to PV, but still a little more than I expected.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I think I guessed $28-32K. At $35, getting a little too close to the base Airstream price I'd say.
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    I think I guessed $28-32K. At $35, getting a little too close to the base Airstream price I'd say.

Yeah, I was thinking $26-28,000.  By the way, I see one of the 2017 Airstream models has an Alde system.

• Options
    Airstream/Alde - Cool ... It's one of the features most Zombies are impressed with.
  • Options
    RonRon Member Posts: 137
    I was at Tom's today and they said $35,000.  Alde heat and ducted AC/heat pump.
    2016 T@B MaxS, 2018 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, Rural Scottsdale, Az.
  • Options
  • Options
    RonRon Member Posts: 137
    I also saw a sewer hose storage tube at the rear where the bottom and the top sort of meet.  It has a screw in marine inspection port with a plastic tube going crossways inside the trailer under the bed with access on the drivers side.  Looked like a good use for the very back area.
    2016 T@B MaxS, 2018 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, Rural Scottsdale, Az.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    I'm pretty sure I've found a new trailer which will appeal to PXLated for it's vintage design but don't know how to copy links. So, if interested, check out http://www.beauer.fr/en/menu/article/about-us-wait-is that a link? Anyway, not my style of expandable teardrop but a very interesting concept!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Ya, that's a strange bugger - Saw it in a travel blog awhile back - or something similar.
  • Options
    Yeah, imagine being in a narrow site or trying to level that thing,

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    jkjenn said:
    Yeah, imagine being in a narrow site or trying to level that thing,
    Ugh.... I know!! Even campgrounds might not be able to accommodate them. Slides on land yachts really don't go out very wide, especially if they have slides on both sides. Private campgrounds only have a handful of special sites for them. If you can't get one, then you have to keep the slides in. That's why it's important to look at a camper that has a slide of any type and envision whether you could get around inside without the slide deployed. The other thing that land yacht manufacturers found is the weight limit of the slide mechanism. It can only support so much weight before failure. That includes the fact people inside are going to be sitting on couches or dining sets in the slide area. In some of the older land yachts, I've seen people put special supports under them (I think meant for 5th wheels). It's an interesting concept though.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Looks like it'd be too much work setting it up - No quick overnights it that, too much of a hassle.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Kinda looks like a T@B on steroids! PXL, I'd have to agree with the set-up part.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    Definitely not going to back the 400 into a camping spot and then unhitch and spin it around to get the best view.  While I am sure there are many people who will like the 400 the Max S is great for me.  A rigid tent with heat and a bathroom.  Can't wait for spring.
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    I noticed an electrical outlet by the shower fixture.  How is that in a wet area?
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    nüCamp posted on Facebook today that the first customer delivery of a 400 has been made.  Here is a photo, but no other information:

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    I talked with Allen at Tom's the other day and he said they sold theirs for $32000.  Listed for $37000.  From some pics I have seen, part of the tongue weight is a result of the spare mounted under the battery, propane cab on the tongue.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    Yowzers!  I'll stick with my M@x S, thank you.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    edited February 2017
    That's a $14k premium over what I paid for my MaxS loaded - Wowzer
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    That is quite an increase for 3 feet in length and 1 foot in width...
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    $14,000 extra to stand straight up in the shower and not have to mess with the bedding twice a day?  I'll pass.  But for some, this may be just what the doctor ordered.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    In all fairness, there are some other upgrades, as well: more storage, higher end sink and bathroom fixtures, upgraded lighting, larger, enhanced propane tub (have not seen, was described on a video as yet to come), bigger battery, sewer hose storage, and larger a/c unit. In addition, the bed/spring system is an upgrade.

• Options
    Better be A LOT of extras - With that price it puts it into a category with totally different competition.