Options

New 400 Model T@B?

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I still say it would match your new truck!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Wow Cyclonic!! Nice looking. I know they were ramping production, but it looks like they are in zoom mode!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    I like those graphics! Much nicer/cleaner looking than before. Looks like they even added a cover for the A/C as well.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Still no new bucket for the front?
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    LannetteLannette Member Posts: 19
    I would love to see how the dinette is converted to a bed. This is never shown, which makes me wonder if it's easily converted or maybe not.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Lannette said:
    I would love to see how the dinette is converted to a bed. This is never shown, which makes me wonder if it's easily converted or maybe not.

I did not try doing that, but it is pretty simple.  It has a leg that telescopes in to shorten it, and the back lifts off one wall bracket and connects to a second, lower bracket.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Did I mention that I didn't just take one picture using my phone, I took a bunch with my good camera.  Here are some of the details, rather then just some overall photos:

This is the bedside cubby with both a regular outlet and USB outlets.

Counter space with the drop down ledge is better then I expected.

I really liked the lighting, but not the cabinets.  While well made, this curving design thing is odd.

The closet has more space then I expected as well, and it hides both the Alde unit and the water systems under a lift out hatch.

The bathroom provides ample space and storage.  There is even an outlet hidden in one of the cubbies.  The flip out sink is an interesting idea, but I think I would rather not have it and have even more storage there as there is another sink literally feet away.  Again, a lot of indirect lighting here.

The dinette is functional but tight on the passenger side.  There you also have to sit a little sideways as there is a big box under it in the front to hide the radiator and air conditioning ductwork.  I do like that there is another outlet and USB port here though.  The CoolCat lives under the driver's side seat.  It is completely integrated and well hidden behind air intake slits (seen in the last picture in this set).  The output is vented throughout.

Still not a fan of the door, but at least the trash can does come out for cleaning.

The tongue box is the same as that in the 320.  I was hoping for a bigger box with a bottom on it.  The spare lives under the tongue with a crank that lowers it down if needed.

There is a nice outside access hatch for reaching under the bed, and the stabilizers are beefer and now use a hex nut.

Overall thoughts on it?  I love the windows, both the bigger front and rear windows.  I want them!  I also like some of the improvements, like the bigger stabilizers, multiple, well placed outlets.  The kitchen was nice and neat, and included a 12v and 110 outlet.  Also, the bed was very comfortable, that bed system in it really works well.

Becky gives a big thumbs down to the interior, she just does not like the Euro styling (she also doesn't like Airstreams, which is what I think they are going for here).  I don't like the wood used, particularly the plywood styled edges and contrasting dark and light tones.  I am not sold on the style either and would love to see an Americanized version.

I am also disappointed in the vinyl ceiling in it (which, actually, is just like our 2012). 

The floor covering was a surprise, it is cushioned and has give to it.  It feels great under foot, but I am not sure how the weave it has would clean up, and it also has a strange look to it.

Overall, we would not be sold on it without some interior changes, or customization options, to also include the diamond plate Outback tub up front.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Like the features but not the aesthetics - Not a thing warm and friendly about it. 
  • Options
    LannetteLannette Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2017
    Thank you for your response. We do need to sleep three. Looking at t@b 400, airstream Bambi, and airstream basecamp with optional tent. Chris from Little guys did try to contact me after my snafu with this forum. Unfortunately we had a family member emergently in the hospital immediately after he left a voice mail so we couldn't return it. His caring approach kept t@b in the line up of possibilities. 
    Lannette said:

Cyclonic said:
    I did not try doing that, but it is pretty simple.  It has a leg that telescopes in to shorten it, and the back lifts off one wall bracket and connects to a second, lower bracket.

• Options
    Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
    Gosh, that dinette looks very awkward. As someone who works on the road on my computer, the dinette is my main focus. It makes my U-shaped dinette in T@B look pretty spacious.

Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
    2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    Cyclonic, thanks for all of the great sharp photos.  I would like it a lot better if woodwork were all the lighter color.  The fridge is still dinky and way too small for a camper in this price range.
    John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    jcfaber1 said:
    Cyclonic, thanks for all of the great sharp photos.  I would like it a lot better if woodwork were all the lighter color.  The fridge is still dinky and way too small for a camper in this price range.
    John
    I forgot to comment on it, but I felt the fridge was small too.  It is deeper then it looks, and has a small freezer section, but i too think it is still too small for the camper.  The axle and wheel well is directly below the fridge, so maybe you could get a larger one in if it were switched with the cabinets to the left of it.  You would lose some storage space, but gain more space for beer!

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Cyclonic, Nathan, I agree and vote for more space for beer! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    PXLated said:
    Like the features but not the aesthetics - Not a thing warm and friendly about it. 
    Same here,  maybe they could make a package like the Sofitel,   to bring it more in line with the regular T@Bs.  2 way fridge and small front tub are the current deal breakers for me.   I'm also a little concerned about the one axle,  it looks big enough to me to need a second.  I imagine tire wear will be more noticeable, not that many of us wear them out before they rot.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    And here is the Beckley's walk around of the 400:

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Verna said:

New tires are nitrogen filled with a great name brand trailer tire....."Westlake"...I think was the name, but I could be wrong. The name brand was recommended to me in Yuma, but the gentleman conceded that my Carlisle tires were good also.  There will be a 2 yr warranty on the new tires. The entire NuCampRV Line will have these new tires. 

@db_cooper, I posted this on the 2nd page of this discussion. You might want to rethink your comment about the tires.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    edited March 2017

Here's a photo of the newly established T@B-400 assembly line at nüCamp! Production is revving up!

So many things to consider! Nathan did you notice the battery in the under bed compartment?  Ed Kauffman told us that a 230aH AGM battery is standard. With an 80% discharge and a refrigerator draw of 3.2 amps, running only the fridge and running it continuously you could go 59.5 hours on battery alone. So in reality it would be at least double that!  A two way is much simpler to operate, more reliable, and less maintenance than a propane fridge. 

A bigger tub with floor would definitely be nice. However do consider the fact that the battery lives elsewhere!

Two of us used a T@B-400 prototype for two weeks in December and found the fridge plenty roomy. Although we weren't carrying beer on that trip, we could have easily found room for it. 

As far as asthetics, some think it too Euro, others think it not Euro enough. we will say that when we were using it that we were so pleased with the function that the asthetics became a secondary consideration. In short, we love it!
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    While I like the euro styling, I'm really disappointed in the fridge size.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    We contacted nüCamp today for some numbers. The refrigerator capacities are:
    T@B-CS - 1.7 cf
    3 way - 1.8 cf
    400 - 2.7 cf
    The refrigerator in the 400 does appear to be small but is quite  deep. 

• Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    Well 2.7 is better but I would gladly give up a little more cabinet space for a larger fridge.  Not only does it provide for more beers (New Glarus Scream IPA is my favorite)  but for gin and tonics!  Check out this 12V /110 v fridge.  Now you have the beginnings of a real fridge and .6cu ft freeezer!

http://www.vfamerica.com/eng/seaclassic-c130l.html

What if you reversed where the sink is so that it is over the wheel well (from the back towards the door) and the cupboard followed by the fridge by the door?
    Just an idea.

John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588

2.7 is 50% larger than a T@B 320 frig. That seems okay for many T@B 400 owners. However, nüCamp could likely offer an upgrade to 4+ cu.ft. by nixing the drawer under the current T@B 400 frig unless that drawer isn't full depth for some reason.

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The wheel well is in the way, you would have to place the fridge else where.  The drawer does not go all the way back.

I actually don't have a problem with it being two way, with two batteries and built in solar you can go a long way with it, and it does fit or style of camping just fine.  Just would like one with a little more space.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    The refrigerator is currently positioned over the axle. One consideration with the proposal to move it forward from it's current position is that it would then have a negative impact on the tongue weight. It's a balancing act! :)
  • Options
    Just left nüCamp and a tour of the T@B-400 production line. We have a few observations. Even as they are turning out production units, they are still refining the design.

One example is the box under the dining table. They had a smaller one in the prototype we tested then produced a few, including the unit Cyclonic saw at Beckley's, with a larger one.  They have reverted to the smaller box again providing more leg room. 

The new design of the seat cushions are easily converted to sofa back cushions and also stow readily under the table when the dinette is converted to a bed. 

They're now installing a pitched axle which increases the clearance by at least 2 inches. Shown here without the fender in place yet. 

The tub is a work in progress. When Scott promised a bigger tub in the video Mandy Lea made at the Louisville show in November, the plan was still to carry the battery in the tub. Since then they have upgraded the standard battery to a 230 aH AGM unit housed in the compartment under the bed behind the axle. They are looking at tub enhancements such as floor and and back to allow for some storage but nothing is definite at this point. 

We've noted a number of refinements since our last visit including the waste valve oriented perpendicular to the side of the trailer for easier access, a black tank flush, sewer hose storage, 110V in bathroom relocated to inside the cubbyhole, smoke detector moved away from the stove area, taller bathroom door opening, two towel hooks replacing a single towel bar in bathroom, and more. 

It's very evident that they have been and are continuing to listen to their users as they refine their design. The 400 assembly line is located next to the T@B 320 line where the Cirrus line had been. They're slowly ramping up production as they are bringing in personnel. 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    Karen, where did the Cirrus production line move to?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Nice to see some of the refinements being made.  I really like that they have made that box smaller and the pitched axle, very good choices.

One other thing I did notice but did not mention, it is far better insulated then the 320, or at least my 2012 320.  For instance, going back to this shot, you can just make out the wheel well inside the closet, which is totally surrounded with thermo insulation.  Makes me think this might be a good mod in the T@Bpole.

Not sold on the styling, just not our style, though I like it more then Becky, who just hated the interior (she flat out said to poor Paul Chamberlain, their small trailer guy, that there is no way she would buy it looking like it).  It really is a matter of personal taste.

Functionally, I think they have done a tremendous job, and have put all of their building experience into this trailer.  It is amazingly high quality, the fit and finish is unmatched on the showroom floor (just look at the beveled hatch in the above photo, just for an access area).  I also think it is very marketable to couples that want a quality, light, very towable unit that is unique.

Maybe in a few years, and if they offer a few other interior options, we will consider upgrading.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    SAM,
    The Cirrus is now being assembled in the new addition to the factory. 

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    skwhee said:
    SAM,
    The Cirrus is now being assembled in the new addition to the factory. 

I was amazed at how much the operation had expanded in just a year.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NWtabloverNWtablover Member Posts: 13
    Hi all! New here after lurking for a couple of years, I've never had anything helpful to offer but wanted to say thank you to everyone who has provided me with invaluable information!  I'm hoping to be a new 400 owner asap so maybe I can be an information provider too.  I'm in the Northwest and dealers are saying they don't have any information on the 400 even though the factory is telling me they can order.  I'm hoping to resolve the discrepancy soon, or head to Seattle to order there- assuming I can get a reasonable price. 

I so appreciate the info from those of you who have actually gotten to see one!  Does anyone know if the 400 has a keder rail?  We always seem to get some rain when camping (I can't imagine why here in sunny NW), and we love having a visor. 

Amy
    2015 t@b S Max

• Options
    NWtabloverNWtablover Member Posts: 13
    Hey, I have something to offer after all.  Nucamp must have just updated the website and details, including a dual awning rail, are explained and pictured!

http://tab.nucamprv.com/tab-400-teardrop-camper-features/

Amy
    2015 t@b S Max