Options

EXPANDED RECALL OF T@B 320's from 1/1/2013 to 8/31/2016 for 3-way refrigerators

VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

EXPANDED RECALL EFFECTIVE 9/27/2016

Please read these documents. The recall has been expanded to T@B's manufactured from 1/1/2013 to 8/13/2016. The VIN's are included in the vehicle report. If you feel you are capable of checking, our wonderful warranty guru, Ed, has included photos of how to check to see if your T@B needs to be repaired in this recall. 

Those of you who do what you consider a permanent fix need to please send photos along with VIN, your name, address,  phone # and email address to Ed, please. He will have to OK the fix and report it to the appropriate authorities as fixed by owner. These recall issues do have a lot of legalities hidden in the fine print that PV must follow.  

Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• Options

2016-09-08    (Published by NHTSA on 2016-09-24)
    Recall Summary:    Pleasant Valley Teardrop Trailers LLC (Pleasant Valley) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 T@B travel trailers manufactured October 1, 2015, through August 31, 2016 and equipped with a 3-way refrigerator. The affected vehicles have a rubber gas hose in the refrigerator compartment that can rub against the refrigerator fins, causing the hose to wear and possibly leak propane.
    Hazard:    A propane leak increases the risk of a fire.
    Remedy:    Pleasant Valley will notify owners, and dealers will inspect, secure and replace the damaged gas hoses, as necessary, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Pleasant Valley customer service at 1-330-852-4811.
    Additional Info:    Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

Owners, please do not panic. Pleasant Valley/Nucamprv has always been there to help us. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Verna, is there a way you can provide the VIN#'s for the affected vehicles? I think mine is one , but a quick check of the VIN# would remove all doubt, thanks.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    It's a weekend, Eric. I won't get any more information from the factory today, other than the knowledge that Pleasant Valley volunteered the information to have the recall (yes, PV asked for a recall), and that PV was aware this would be in the press. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna, thanks, and please let me know next week if they can offer more information regarding the VIN#'s. You're still the best! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I sent the note, making sure he knew we were not in a hurry. Thanks for your patience. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna, thanks, and have a good weekend!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I tried search with my VIN and is says it can't process my request and it can only search for the manufacturers listed...I didn't see anything for T@B or Pleasant Valley in the list.
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    @Smullis7, I can get no information this weekend. I think it would be best if you contact Pleasant Valley/NucampRV on Monday. You have your information available to give to them. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Thanks Verna!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    pittchristinepittchristine Member Posts: 30
    Is there a way to know when my particular T@B was manufactured?  Possible stamp on the camper itself?
    Chris and Rick, 2017 T@B Max S with 2010 Ford Escape TV
  • Options
    Look at the VIN sticker on the left side of your tongue. It will have the VIN, and the manufacture date. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    edited September 2016
    Thanks Verna - I, too, got the same "error" message when plugging in my VIN so I'll call PV tomorrow. My T@B falls under those manufacture dates but I hope it's not on their list. I'm already dealing with my truck which got side-swiped yesterday while parked on the street at my son's house in Oceanside! Idiot person caused some extensive damage and on top of it, it was a hit and run! Would prefer one issue at a time but may have two now!
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Michele, Sorry to hear about your truck! Probably a drunk with no insurance. I certainly hope everything works out well for you. My T@B falls in to the same category as yours, so I get to make the same call. Good luck to you on both issues, bummer situation I'm sure.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Michele, oh no, not your truck!  At least you weren't in it at the time. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    To everyone who is planning to call, please be patient because this could entail quite a few owners, and Pleasant Valley/NucampRV has only so many who can answer the phone calls. I have appointments tomorrow morning so I won't be able to squeeze a phone call in until later in the day to get more information. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna, I'll hold off until I hear something here from you. I was thinking along the same lines as you when I thought about how many folks could be involved in the re-call. the phones will probably be ringing off the hook!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    JoeJoe Member Posts: 72
    Verna -- Thanks for posting this message.  You and the other moderators are great.
    ~ Joe
    2015 Max U Outback; 2011 Chevy Silverado 4X4; Austin, Tx
  • Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    @Verna if you happen across a picture of the problem and can share it with us that would be helpful too. Might be an easy fix for those of us who bought ours used from a 'not' authorized Tab dealer.
  • Options
    OK, here is the range of VIN numbers of those T@B 320's that may be affected by this recall:

57HTT15S3GS000483 to 57HTT15S6HS001547

As quoted by Pleasant Valley/NuCampRV:  "I am trying to narrow things down by VIN and not just production date.  That said, Pleasant Valley does not know who owns the units, because Little Guy has that information being captured and sent to them.  I did let them know about the recall.

By the way, even though there is a declared pool of 984 units affected, we believe there are a maximum of 15 that really could have this error."

For @Tommy and others who want to check on this themselves:  "I’ll get with Marvin and/or Ed on the video for quick diagnosis. (it starts under the sink, removing the panel on the fridge wall and shining a flashlight on the area)."

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Thanks Verna - I happened to call prior to seeing this post. Got through right away, gave my VIN and luckily mine is not affected. Now to just deal with getting the truck repaired!
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    Thanks Verna! The video will be good. When I was doing the cooling fan mod I noticed something (was it a wire or a hose?) laying against the fins so I fixed it with a zip tie. Pretty sure it was just a wire now that I think about it more.
  • Options
    Verna, Oh yea, tag I'm it in the recall. Will make an appointment with my dealer to get it taken care of tomorrow as the Warranty service guy is off on Mondays. Thanks for the info though!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ethelouiseethelouise Member Posts: 32
    I called and found we are in the recall group.  Our dealer is about 1.5 hrs away, so PV sent us instructions on what to look for.  We will investigate later today. We hope to leave for an eight-day trip on Saturday and if we have the problem, we will have to get in for work before we leave. Hoping for the best.  
    Margaret, Lynn and D@isy M@y
    2017 S Max
    2016 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Yay! Mine is not affected! But they gave great instructions on how to check to see if there is or might be a problem as well as how to fix it. This is an awesome company!!
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    Just talked to Ed Kauffman and he verified that mine is affected.  Picked up at the dealer end of July.  He emailed a MS Word doc with instructions and pictures on how to check.  I'm at work now so I will have to look at it when I get home tonight.
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    BUT WAIT....THERE'S MORE!    The recall now includes T@B 320's from 1/1/2013 to 8/31/16....yes, that is 2013 ....   give me a few minutes to get the information posted here. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna, Is there a way you can post to here the MS word document that Coloradojon referred to above from Ed Kaufman with pictures? Might help in the amount of phone calls, and/or trips to the dealer if it is an easy check. Might even alleviate a trip to the dealer all together! Just a thought.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Hang on, Eric, I'm trying to get both documents posted--the new EXPANDED recall information and the document. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Hey thanks, you ARE the best! :)
    Spokane, Wa.