Options

EXPANDED RECALL OF T@B 320's from 1/1/2013 to 8/31/2016 for 3-way refrigerators

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    It takes me a while ( thanks again Chan for your suggestion on how to add the files), but the files are included in the discussion concerning the EXPANDED recall. Get out your square drive screwdriver!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    I'm able to open the first, but, not the second [3-Way Fridge Gas hose Re...], not sure why?
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Someone else please try the 2nd document because I can open it.  Thanks
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Second one opened, the first just showed a PDF so saved it to Dropbox.
  • Options
    @PXLated, the first document is the actual form PV had to submit with VIN numbers and estimated almost 2300 units affected. The second is a pictorial document to show you what to look for. I'll check mine out tomorrow, since it is now affected. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    I opened up the second also.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks, @SAM!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    I can't open either. 
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Thanks, mona, I was starting to feel kind' dumb there [only for a minute though!]. =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Just happened to have my stove removed and was able to take this photo of the propane hose laying on the fins.  There is a worn area (not visible) where the fins have rubbed against the rubber.  Also, no slack in the hose to simply secure it to wood paneling opposite the fins.  Glad the factory caught this one.
    hose.jpg 128.7K
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Thanks for the photo @OutbackAZ, that's what everyone needs to look for. This is the wrong way for the hose to be installed. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @ericnliz and @mona, give me some time to resize the photos and then post them in order. Thanks for trying. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    sranderlesranderle Member Posts: 78
    edited September 2016
    We bought our 2016 last August and it definitely has an issue, even though the VIN is outside of the stated range.

Steve & Sherry
    2016 T@b Q
    Lakeville, MN
  • Options
    @sranderle, have you check the new VIN number range in the above documents?  August of 2015 should be included in the new range of VIN's.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    sranderlesranderle Member Posts: 78
    I did check the above documents, and our VIN still looks to be outside of the range.  I will give PV a call tomorrow.
    Steve & Sherry
    2016 T@b Q
    Lakeville, MN
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    I just checked mine and there are no clips holding the hose away from the fins, consequently the hose is rubbing and showing some wear.  Do we know if the factory will tell us how to fix the problem ourselves or will it require a visit to either a dealer or the factory?
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    edited September 2016
    Whew!  Just checked mine and I'm good!  Thanks for the instructions, Verna!  We're leaving on a 9-day trip and I really didn't want to have to worry about exploding. 

Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    T@Balong said:
    I just checked mine and there are no clips holding the hose away from the fins, consequently the hose is rubbing and showing some wear.  Do we know if the factory will tell us how to fix the problem ourselves or will it require a visit to either a dealer or the factory?
    Norm, this is a bit early in the recall process to be able to get an exact answer. We will have to be patient. I asked for these photos Saturday and we've gotten them on Tuesday....that's quick. Pleasant Valley/NuCampRV realizes how serious of a matter this is. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    The original photo file is a word document.  I converted to PDF and have attached here.  That should help those that are having trouble accessing.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    mash2 said:
    The original photo file is a word document.  I converted to PDF and have attached here.  That should help those that are having trouble accessing.
    Thanks, I was just about to do the same thing.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Checked mine. Definitely a recall.
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    While I appreciate all the instructions isn't this something our dealer should be checking free of charge?  
    Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    mona said:
    Checked mine. Definitely a recall.
    Mine, too.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    I just checked our T@B and sadly the gas hose is laying on the fins.  Tried calling the recommended number (Elsie), got put on hold for 15 minutes...fell asleep.  Tried calling "Warranty" or "Repair", just got voice mails.  I know it's early in the recall process (although it took 2 years to catch), for such a serious recall, they should have either remedial advice on line, or people available to help.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    I suppose once this gets rolling you'll be able to roll into a dealer and get it checked but it looks pretty simple to check ones self - probably not worth the gas for many
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Ed K just called.  He asked if I could fix it myself by either moving the hose away from the fins if there's enough slack, or adding an extension to the hose, which would require pulling the fridge. However they're not sure a couple will go through the floor sleeves, which at that point would mean replacing the hose.  I'm handy with carpentry, but not comfortable with gas plumbing.  The space to the left of the fridge is really tight, so my project of the day is to pull the stove top to get access to the hose, and hopefull enough slack to pull and clamp it away from the fins.  Ed needs pictures and confirmation of all "claims" sent to warranty@nucamprv.com.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    Well, my Outback has the hoses laying on the fins. Problem is my dealer is so untrustworthy I will never spend another penny with them and would not trust them to make the repair, even a free warranty repair. I have paid the labor charges for three warranty repairs so far, so looks like I'll be paying for a another. I sent Ed an email this morning requesting the parts and any instructions for the repair and I know he will do everything he can to help all of us get this resolved.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    Just checked mine and have one hose resting on the fins but no damage to the hose. Not sure if there's enough slack to bracket it or not, will have to look closer when I get off the road.

Could one just insert a rubber pad between the fins and hose if not enough slack. Something that wouldn't interfere with the operation but still protect the hose? Am a long ways from a dealer.
  • Options
    Norbert1223 - Pretty easy to check - Took me less than 10 minutes to remove and reinstall the cover and all that's needed is a philps screwdriver.
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Just opened up my panel and mine, too, is laying against the fins and I see it's been compromised. Really tight in there - hope to be able to get a clear pic of it and will send to Ed.  Question - can I assume there's a different propane hose going to the stove? I'm on shore power (so no propane going to fridge) but I am using the stove every day.
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!