Options

EXPANDED RECALL OF T@B 320's from 1/1/2013 to 8/31/2016 for 3-way refrigerators

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Just checked ours 2015. The hose was resting on the fins with no physical wear or damage.  I could not find a way to secure the hose away from the fins. I cut a 4" piece of 5/8" garden hose then slit one side and slipped it around propane hose. this will give me time to find a more durable solution.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Ratkity... Per Ed K the hoses have a metal braid between 2 layers of rubber.  If abrasion/wear is down that far it's time out.
    Thanks. Nope, it looks like someone shaved a half mm on the outside. No braiding showing, but I emailed Ed just in case. My pictures of the shaved hose are hard to see. Tough area to take pictures - especially for someone who has Essential Tremors in her hands.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    OutbackAZ said:
    My fridge hose is chaffed enough from the fins to warrant a replacement hose. I consider my T@B unsafe and inoperable until a new hose is installed. What do I do next Verna?
    @OutbackAZ, Frank the above information tells you to contact Pleasant Valley. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    I had time this morning to take a closer look at the hose resting on the fin. I had enough slack to pull the hose away from the fin and "Ratkittyed" it with a couple of zip ties around both hoses to hold it in place. I actually think this may be a permanent fix as it seems quite solid. It appears the whole situation could have been avoided by placing the the hose clamps about an inch higher. In short, although a potentially serious problem, the fix seems fairly simple if your hose is not damaged to the point of replacement. I did remove that small piece of insulation as it was actually pushing the hose on the fin and blocking air circulation around about a third of it. Does anyone see any reason to put that insulation back? I think my fridge will cool better with the increased air circulation.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    I know the factory is more than likely swamped with this issue but after reading the posts I'm now more concerned as I am full-time (as PXL and others may be) and therefore wish there was a way to expedite our repairs). Verna - do you think we should tell Ed we are full-time and would that help get us authorization sooner?  Should I do as Dalehelman did and put a piece of garden hose around the hose and continue to use the stove (fridge is on shore power but as ScottG said propane is still being supplied to the fridge hose even if I'm not using it)? Does the factory suggest (as Outback) that any compromise on the hoses make the trailer inoperable and unsafe?
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    If I were concerned I'd turn the propane off at the tank until the factory can arrange for a proper repair, and get a cooler and a Coleman stove at a camping store. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    For those of you electing to repair it yourself, if you sell down the road, what do you say to a potential buyer regarding recalls and repairs?  How do you document that your own repair meets the standard?  Just thinking...
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Dale, that was my thought also, only with a heater hose. Not a permanent fix, but a repair until a more permanent one can be done.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I just did the "Ratkitty" - Had enough slack in the hose to tighten it against the other with a ziptie and no wear on the hose. Will take some pics and send to Ed. If that hadn't worked, I'd had done the garden hose sleeve thing or some other rubber spacer for the interim.

SAM - If Ed declares it ok, don't see a need to point it out to a new buyer, it's officially repaired. 

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    I have removed the side cover from under the sink. I plan to leave it off for two reasons. One it will make it easy to secure the hose away from the fins. Also it will allow better air circulation and heat dissipation from that area. Which I think is a good thing.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Verna, I checked mine yesterday, and it actually looks better than the "proper installation" photo from Ed. The hoses are not even close to the fins at all. Do I need to still have it looked at by a dealer, and verified? Just curious as I just read the post from SAM and was wondering the "other side of the coin" that says it's a proper install. Thanks

TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Those of you who do what you consider a permanent fix need to please send photos along with VIN, your name, address,  phone # and email address to Ed, please. He will have to OK the fix and report it to the appropriate authorities as fixed by owner. These recall issues do have a lot of legalities hidden in the fine print that PV must follow.  

Just like our cars and trucks, the government requires PV/nuCamp to give the government information that the fix was completed. 

Please follow the above instructions if you are handy enough to perform the necessary fix. 

If your T@B has no problem, Ed needs to know that also. 

Please include your VIN so Ed can validate his list. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Thank you again, V, for your diligence and attention to this matter! :heart:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    edited September 2016
    I have removed the side cover from under the sink. I plan to leave it off for two reasons. One it will make it easy to secure the hose away from the fins. Also it will allow better air circulation and heat dissipation from that area. Which I think is a good thing.
    I was thinking of drilling holes in that panel  and using a couple of the holes to zip tie the hoses to that panel. That would definitely be a permanent repair for me. Seems solid for now so will keep an 
    eye on it.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    KayakathKayakath Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    I just took the cover off mine - IT'S A RECALL ISSUE. The hose is on the fins. I have sent emails to Warranty@nucamprv.com and I have left a phone message. I haven't heard a word.

I am provisioning to take off for 4 months and need to have this thing fixed ASAP. Does anybody have any idea what I should do?

Thank you, very much!

• Options
    Verna, The "Magic Wand" has spoken, and will do. Is the proper Email for Ed : Ed@ nucamprv.com? Thanks! 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Kayakath said:
    I just took the cover off mine - IT'S A RECALL ISSUE. The hose is on the fins. I have sent emails to Warranty@nucamprv.com and I have left a phone message. I haven't heard a word.

I am provisioning to take off for 4 months and need to have this thing fixed ASAP. Does anybody have any idea what I should do?

Thank you, very much!

@Kayakath, you will have to email or call Ed at the factory.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @ericnliz, yes, warranty@nucamprv.com.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    KayakathKayakath Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    As my original post states, I have called the factory and left a voice mail and I have emailed Ed - I got this auto response:

"Hello,

Please note that the warranty email address has changed.

Moving forward, please send all Warranty related e-mails to warranty@nucamprv.com 

If this is not a warranty issue please disregard this email.

Thanks,"

I have sent an email to the warranty address, as well.

I haven't heard a word from them.

• Options
    Thanks Verna.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Kayakath said:
    As my original post states, I have called the factory and left a voice mail and I have emailed Ed - I got this auto response:

"Hello,

Please note that the warranty email address has changed.

Moving forward, please send all Warranty related e-mails to warranty@nucamprv.com 

If this is not a warranty issue please disregard this email.

Thanks,"

I have sent an email to the warranty address, as well.

I haven't heard a word from them.

I have no idea how many T@B's are included in this recall. The official paperwork says they expect to find 2,286 T@B's with problems. That's a lot of people for 2 warranty employees to take care of. Everyone is going to have to be patient. I have given you all the information I have. 

Since you are a new new member, you may not realize we Administrators and Moderators are purely unpaid volunteers. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    As someone who has had to utilize PV's "warranty department" before, I would only echo Verna's comment perhaps so that she doesn't have to repeat the obvious.   I'm sure Ed and his folks are working as hard as they can on this issue.   But if you are a new T@B owner and user of this forum, please be advised that this is an issue that is swamping the warranty folks at PV.    Please be patient and pay attention to news and information being shared here on the forum and do not be surprised if you do not personally hear back right away from Ed.   He has our best interests and safety in mind and I'm sure they are doing their very best to respond.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Verna, In Kayakath's defence, I received the same "auto reply" using Ed@nucamprv.com. I then used the warranty@nucamprv.com, and it seems at this point to have gone through.
    Kayakath, Please try the one I just posted to Verna that seems to have worked, and like she said, try to be patient, they WILL get back to you as soon as possible. these are really good folks, just give them a chance. Thanks
    Kayakath, on another note, have you contacted your dealer at all? Might give it a try to help speed up the process. I would let them know of your urgency to see what they might be able assist you with.
    Ditto to what T@Balong said, about Ed and his staff!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,442
    It might also be helpful if T@bbers who have this condition--but do not have any significant damage to their propane hose--could take a breather and give PV a chance to respond to those who need immediate action. Zip tie it, pad, it, whatever--that hose is not going to self-destruct overnight!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Good point Scott.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    I too have hoses touching fins and I too am getting ready to head out for a few weeks. So I tie wrapped irrigation hose over the gas lines and put all back where I found it. I can't imagine the problem worsening. When I return home I will see what the fine folks who build our toys can do for me.
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    Ya, I'm holding off - Have no wear/tear and have it ziptied so should be good. I'll take the cover off every now and then to make sure it's still ok.
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    So I just did the Ratkity repair, with one variation.   I had enough slack to "hang" the hoses from one of the white plastic brackets that anchor the stove top.  I used one zip tie to hang one hose from the bracket and 3 other spaced out to hold the errant hose to good one.  Lots of clearance, and no chance of drooping.  I did not need to re-position a bracket,  if so I don't think I had a tool small enough to do it.  I also removed the access panel under the sink, it made this a 20 minute repair. 

I will submit as a permanent repair.  I'm not worried about it moving around, at all.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    So is "Ratkity" now a verb and adjective besides being a noun?  

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    Amongst other things :-)