Options

No title just idle chit chat

Comments

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 913
    So are you pulling your T@Bs to our house when we host a BBQ? ;)
    @ericnliz - thanks so much for hosting!  Great food, great company, and a beautiful evening to relax and enjoy great friends!  Perfect end to the long weekend.

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,500
    @2Cougs, can we!!!! I'm in! Sleep over at 2Cougs house!!!! (Oh wait, that wasn't the invitation, was it?
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 913
    Sure!  Just have to figure out a date  ;););););)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Sounds like fun! The date part might get a little tricky for the next month. Throw a date out there & we'll try to work around it! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @2cougs, I do have trips planned the third weekend of each month till October. Other than that I'm good to go! Give me about 45 minutes to pack clothes and food and hitch up and I'm in!  =)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Small irritated rant here... Why do salesmen assume a woman is asking for the incorrect item when I ask for the exact item I need? I have had this experience twice this week. Today I ask the nice hardware guy for a specific metal washer. I had taken pics of said metal washer, including washer sitting on a tape measure. He kindly walked me over, and wanted to know if it was a plastic washer, except he called them something else. Um, no, it's a metal washer and this is the code number I need. "Oh, well next time you need to look for a metal washer" he tells me...I want you to know he received no bodily harm. He's not on my Christmas card list. :o
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Calm down, @Homebodyatheart!  There's many guys (especially here on this forum) who do accept that women know what they are speaking of. As I was told a few times, be like a duck and let it roll off your back....  Carry yourself with confidence, not confrontation (I needed that advice more than a few times).

22 yrs as a female telephone installer (yes, climbing telephone poles, too)
    All but 7.5 yrs of over 39 yrs was spent in traditionally male jobs.

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks @Verna. I was very well behaved and polite, just blew off my steam here when I got home. He was a nice guy, he just didn't listen well. I love your history by the way! I have an aunt who was a CPA and worked in broadcasting most of her career. She has great pics of work meetings where she was the only woman, and single at that! She will be 91 in September and still sharp as a tack. She has mentored women in business for decades, still does! 

I really appreciate the great guys I've met here! I've learned so much from them, and its fun to talk T@b with them. Actually, I learn no matter what gender people are! 

And yes, there is a huge difference between being assertive vs being aggressive. I prefer assertive. Thanks again!  :)
  • Options
    @Verna, Ha, same advise I gave her. I got an ear full while I was taking some spare tire measurements for her on the phone last night & while she was busy typing the above. Doesn't only happen to you ladies, believe me, especially when you don't know the EXACT, or PROPER name for a piece, or a part. I can't believe the guy had the gall to tell her "metal" washer though, especially with a picture in her hand! @Homebodyatheart, good luck with your "mod" weekend! ( I still think during that conversation on the phone Mr. @Homebodyatheart had headed for the hills for self-preservation purposes! ;)) just sayin'........ :o
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz after this many years we both know when to duck, cover, and run, and when a hug is needed. That's why he has "Husbandland" and I can now hide out in L@dybug. We will celebrate our 25th in August! ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Ha, that's funny you should mention that...TODAY is our 11th! :)
    (AND, yes, I remembered!)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Awww.... Happy 11th Anniversary @ericnliz! Celebrate well!

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Will do! Today is Liz's kid's clinic day at Home Depot, so she'll get off early! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Happy Anniversary, Liz and Eric!!! And @Homebodyatheart, August 25th is a special day because that's my Mom and Dad's 61st anniversary :heart: 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Awwww @Ratkity, that's wonderful for them! Actually for us it will be 25 years on August 8th. Hard to believe it's been that long. Feels like just yesterday and it feels like forever. Odd but true!
  • Options
    L@dybugs first bath! DH said it's easier to scrub down than the cars! I love my clean windows, too. 

• Options
    RuntarootiRuntarooti Member Posts: 76
    Miss Bug looks very happy.
    2015 T@B Max CS-S Silver and Black
    Goes where it's towed to by 2017 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    Miss Bug looks very happy.
    I concur!! AND.... having a DH to do the deed just to get a smiling MaMa L@dybug... priceless.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    edited June 2017
    For those that never want to leave their T@B,,,how about a permanent one?! I love this!

Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Tell Mr. @Homebodyatheart, nice job! (I'll be right over to Mr. Homebody's T@B WASH! Does he wax too? =))
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    @ericnliz, we use this...leaves the Bug and our cars showroom shining!

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Looks like 'ya got plenty left, tell Mr. Homebody I'll be right over! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Sorry to burst your soap bubble @ericnliz but the Mr. is at work today. It is a fairly simple process and I could talk you through it... B) or not.  =)
  • Options
     :s:|;)  
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    :rofl: I have a jug too @ericnliz. I could walk you through it on my camper. Yours should be a snap after that! :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Oh boy. :D:bring_it:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Ratkity, and @Homebodyatheart, the WolfT@B is now all sparkly clean. Thanks for your continued support! :bow::triumph:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    picts or it didn't happen!! LOL
  • Options
    RuntarootiRuntarooti Member Posts: 76
    Is Mr. Homebody's T@B Wash on Yelp? Is there a line? Does full service include windows? =)
    2015 T@B Max CS-S Silver and Black
    Goes where it's towed to by 2017 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    @Runtarooti I'm not sure, but I suspect not. I'm the one in charge of windows and they sparkle!
This discussion has been closed.