Options

No title just idle chit chat

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,500
    @SAM I was wondering if it would go over the Tab. While the outer edges are 13x13, the leg footprint is 10x10. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,525
    The Tab will fit.  We lifted one side up and over and it cleared it nicely.  The Tab is only about 6.5 feet wide, so no problem.  Try it.  We were expecting hail and quickly put it up.  Someone on the forum had significant hail damage - never want to see that!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    It was a GREAT weekend. Raining early Friday morning made hitching up a bit take a little more time. It only rained early Sat morning and I was so comfy in the bed, I fell back to sleep. I decided not to put air in my 3" thermarest that is on the bed mattress. I think I hit the bed firmness sweet spot! Harvey even approved. 

The rest of the time was good food and friends. Catching up and talking campfire trash. LOL. What's said at the campfire, stays at the campfire!

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Ratkity, Good to hear you had fun! "What's said at the campfire stays at the campfire!" :rofl: Harvey must not have been "privy" to those conversations! =) He'd leave a Doritos trail!!!!!!!!  :D
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    I kept finding that bear in the snack bag. I have curtailed his Dorito habit and now he has found he likes Blueberry "Poptarts". Not the brand name, but the store brand. UGH! Talk about a finicky bear. 

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Atta boy Harvey, keep her guessin'!!!!! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Throw one of your patio rugs over the T@B for hail protection. If wind is in the forecast, I put ratchet straps on it to hold the rug in place. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Ok, third try! Happy Birthday to Mr @ericnliz today! Thanks for having us all over last night to share your special day . Great friends, great food, and even a booming light show! Enjoy your special day with Mrs @ericnliz! :clap:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Was that an edit on whether to go back to bed, or continue to post something? :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Just a big thanks to @Dalehelman, @Homebodyatheart, @2Cougs, & Dale Smith & Alex. Great BBQ, and was fun as usual chatting with all of you about T@Bs, mods, camping & general chit-chat! :joy: We'll do it again soon. I'll change up the menu next time. Maybe some pork shoulder for pulled pork sammiches! ;)
    @Homebodyatheart, This one is for you! :cowboy:=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Thanks! The thunder & lightning show was pretty cool to watch. Thanks again to everyone for helping pick up stuff before & during the deluge! :o I'm still finding stuff that got blown around during that one. @2Cougs, The pie is great this morning with my coffee :coffee:! Breakfast of champions!!!! =) THANKS!!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 913
    @ericnliz- it was another great gathering at the Meat Master's house!  Thanks for hosting again... And Happy, happy, birthday! 
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Happy 39th Birthday, @ericnliz! As usual, you celebrated with style!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Happy belly button day, Eric!!! Yum, pulled pork sammiches. dr00l....
  • Options
    @Ratkity Eric's bbq skills are well honed. The flavor is great but not overpowering, the pork rib meat tender and moist, same with the pork loin roast! That one you can cut with a fork! And the rest of this merry group of crazy Tabbers cook well, too! We never leave a gathering hungry, as we say - if you do it's your own fault!  =)
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    What what what?! Did somebody say "pulled pork sammiches?!!" Yum yum yum!!!

Gotta like a guy that throws his own birthday party!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @Ratkity Eric's bbq skills are well honed. The flavor is great but not overpowering, the pork rib meat tender and moist, same with the pork loin roast! That one you can cut with a fork! And the rest of this merry group of crazy Tabbers cook well, too! We never leave a gathering hungry, as we say - if you do it's your own fault!  =)
    OMG @Homebodyatheart, you're killing me. I'm so hungry now too!
  • Options
    See, even a silly thread like this sometimes gets derailed with serious topics. (And there ain't nuttin' more serious than good BBQ!)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG & @Ratkity, You're welcome to come join in anytime! Just bring a side dish and your favorite beverage!
    @Verna, Thanks for the Happy 39th. (I wish!) Come out & join in the festivities some time! Make sure to tell Sunny Day we're dog friendly folks! ;)
    By the way, I try to have these BBQs at least once a month. Just fun to have friends over & have a good time. B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Hmmmm....headed out for another campin' trip the 12th, or 13th of July for 5-6 days. Think I saw a turkey in the freezer waitin' to go on the ol' Pit Barrel! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Thanks for the invite, ericnliz. The food sounds great, but the drive to the other coast is a deal breaker (for now)!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Hey Mrs @2Cougs, look what followed me home today! Heh! Heh! Heh!  =)
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 913
    @Homebodyatheart- Cute!!!  Keep the theme going! :)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Ok......Poor WolfT@B has been sittin' in the driveway TOO LONG! :heartbreak: Gotta go out today & start gettin' ready for our next adventure. Let's see....make sure battery is charged, remember to bring solar panels, fill propane tank, sanitize fresh water tank, check air in tires, bearings & brakes, re-stock clothes from last trip, replace missing wheel chock (somebody at Lincoln Rock got a freebie!), check tool inventory, restock outdoor kitchen bags,.................oh, almost forgot, replace the 5 gallon, 20 year old collapsible water jug that suffered a life ending puncture on the corner of a picnic table bench! :s Leave room for wife, leave room for wife, leave room for wife........ ;) Hmmm....Wonder if she'd notice the tackle box 'booster' seat? :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Fishin' poles, gotta remember fishin' poles! I STILL hear about the last time I forgot those! ( and the 30 mile round trip that ensued getting replacements! :s
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, fishing poles, tackle, bait (no, not Liz) and fishing license!!
  • Options
    @ericnliz, you think V's wand hurts, try messing around with DNR Park Rangers... they be serious dewds!
  • Options
    Aww @Ratkity, I suspect those DNR rangers would have nothing on Liz if a certain Eric packs her seat in the truck...again!

@ericnliz how often do you sanitize your lines? Count your blessings I'd guess on the lost chock. At least it wasn't Liz! :rofl: Hi Liz!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Homebodyatheart, I had this odor from the tank and threw some line sanitizer I bought at the RV store in the P-traps. Then I put some in the fresh water tank. Took 3 rinses to get the little bit of sanitizer out of a 39 gal tank. For some reason, the geniuses at Riverside put a 1/2" OD pex line to drain that huge tank. I took a bucket and measured how long it took - 10 min to drain one gallon. It would take 6.5 hours to drain the entire tank. Wha????

I went to the big box store and got a drill pump. Sorta cheaply made. I was desperate. Took my Ryobi cordless 18v drill (that's never failed me), and proceeded to create a pex 1/2" mip connection to a garden hose 3/4" connection. Voila.. and the pump came with a tiny length a hose so it would pee on your feet when you turned on the drill.

Have to hold onto the drill pump and then use your foot to stop the outlet hose from giving you a bath... I measured the output of water and it would take me 30ish minutes to drain the tank. That's 30 minutes of holding the trigger for a cordless drill on highest speed (1200 rpm). ow. Two and a half drained batteries later, the tank was empty. 

Complained to a sympathetic friend. After the laughter stopped, she told me to get a drill that was at least 2800 rpm (uh, impact driver + drill) and get another solidly built pump. At that speed and using that pump, it'll drain 750 gallons in 1 hour. w000t! Gotta love Amazon Prime.

Ok, now there's another problem... I dropped my female cap to my filter end of my water hose into the invasive English ivy on the side of my fence. It ate it. It's gone. It's like a Stephen King short story about the vines that grow faster than Kudzu. I've ripped up ivy from here to yonder. No shiny brass cap. Out comes the weed killer.... I've had enuff... "GET OFF MAH LAWN!" She said with an evil eye and a scary grin. In her hand was weed killer concentrate. Forget dilution, them invasive plants were gonna be history! Of course, she forgot that she was going to track weed killer to and from the outdoor faucet as she flushed her water tank..... ut oh. ... pictures to come. I gotta get a badge for this!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Ratkity, Are you SURE one little Harvey dude doesn't have your female filter end cap? (Betting he's holding it hostage for confiscating his Doritos!) :rofl:
    ('Ya might wanna take a peek in the "snacks" bag, not only for Harvey, but your cap as well!) Just follow the crumb trail........... ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

This discussion has been closed.