Options

No title just idle chit chat

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Good one! 'Ya know where Italians keep their Armies, don't cha'?
    In their sleevies silly! :lightbulb:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    So @Ratkity this stepping on the lines thing, now bees with lines on their bodies, goes back to childhood?  :o As a kid we would go to my uncles guest ranch in summer. Every single year I would get stung somehow. The year I sat on one at the edge of the pool probably was the winner, though! Good thing I was young, but I still remember them!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Sat on a bee?? OW! ow.ow.ow

I was at a Girl Scout picnic, drinking a Mt. Dew and one flew into the can. Big sip and then BIG SPIT! Girlie screams up and down the picnic table. "Why'd you spit out Mt.Dew? OMG a BEE, A BEE....RUN!" The bee didn't sting or die, but I bet he had a story to tell his buddies when he regained his senses. Your sitting-on-a-bee story made me remember that one. I had totally forgotten that episode!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, So, do you have hot water now? Gotta admit, that one made me smile! ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, thanks to your phone guidance, yes, and thank you! But no, I still have not used the shower yet. I suspect that when I do, I will wonder what took me so long! Thanks again!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart:o, You DO know you really crack me up sometimes!! Did you get an outdoor shower as well? Can't remember seeing one.
    I always know when I am required to have a shower when Liz comes out of the T@B with a clothespin on her nose, and a bar of soap in hand pointing in the direction of the shower, followed by "NOW, MISTER!" :s:o=) Other than that, I go down to the lake with my eco-friendly soap, jump in & scrub!
    Seriously though, YOU WILL WONDER why 'ya didn't try it out before, really refreshing, and on a hot day, cools 'ya off really well. "Try it, you'll like it!" :lol:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Just an FYI, after today, your phone service will be cancelled for the next 5 days due to our camping trip out of cell range. =) For questions during this period, please use the alternative @Dalehelman's T@B Service. :rofl: (Sorry in advance Dale!) ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    @Homebodyatheart, Just an FYI, after today, your phone service will be cancelled for the next 5 days due to our camping trip out of cell range. =) For questions during this period, please use the alternative @Dalehelman's T@B Service. :rofl: (Sorry in advance Dale!) ;)
    Is @Dalehelman using morse code or a telegraph? Ham radio?
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
     =) 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Ratkity, You'll have to ask him. ;) "A campin' I will go, a campin' I will go.... :whistle:"
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I wuz gonna say "there's always smoke signals", but then remembered fire bans!! NO SMOKE.. bad.bad.bad.... Then there's the pigeon method of communication and don't forget the maritime flag method (most people DO know the hurricane is there...don't need a flag for it). LOL. 

Ut oh.. there's the necktie on the door communication thing too. You guys seem to have a secret system set up. I just haven't figured it out yet :rofl:
  • Options
    Last time I sent a pigeon out with some $ attatched to help with PXL's fridge repair, he cooked the sucker up & ate it! :o:s (He kept the $ though!)
    No secret system, just peace & quiet. If 'ya wanna make a call, it's a seven mile trip back down the mountain to the main road. I've got the EXACT spot figured out!! =)

Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Ouch @ericnliz!!!!! You're killing me here!  :o I'm excited you and Liz have a chance to really get away for this trip! And it's ok that I can't call you. Really. No need to warn Dale! Geesh! You know...worst case scenario is I'd actually read the manuals! :rofl: What I didn't tell you about this last trip is that I earned respect from some of the gals for the skills I do have, like tying knots in rope to hold stuff down in the wind, and being able to visualize a solution for problems in my head then executing them, and they worked! ( of course!) I also backed L@dybug into her assigned space on the second time backing in! We know each other better now, and they know I know how to camp. Great group of friends! And they think my Tab is cute, too! 
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart is hanging with the cool campers now! Ut oh, that may exclude you @ericnliz.. no WAIT.. Liz is there. She counteracts you perfectly (never met her, but luv her nevertheless!). :heart:
  • Options
    @Ratkity Liz is a great person, and she puts up with/harasses/loves Eric. She has a great sense of humor, too! Actually the cool campers (and they are) are a group from meetup dotcom, the Campground Divas. Most are retired, a few of us still work. Some are single, some married, divorced, or widowed. They have a planned outing once a month, April through September. Sometimes others camp and invite the rest. It's very laid back and I like that this summer! Between my beloved T@b group and the Divas I'm pretty well set for camping buddies this season! There's always room for more, of course!

On another cheery note I took Reggie with me this afternoon to Bug so I could put a few things back from the weekend and he went right to her! I want to do some driveway camping with him, and eventually bring him with me on outings. 
  • Options
    @Ratkity & @Homebodyatheart, "A fishin' we will go, a campin' we will go :whistle:......." We're outa' here, ya'll behave yerselves! :cowboy::rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Happy trails Mr and Mrs @ericnliz! Don't forget the rules, pics or it didn't happen! Enjoy your fishin'!
  • Options
    @ericnliz won't see this, but he probably has something sorta like this.. but the scale is probably a little "off" :lol:

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    That's a pretty fishy story there @Ratkity
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    @Ratkity that might very well be his measuring tool... Don't most fishermen fudge the lengths over time?  :rofl:
  • Options
    According to my 86 yo Dad (one of the Captains of the Raleigh Salt Water Fishing Club), he has absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. Many perplexed emoticons in his daily email. :lol:
  • Options
    Oh boy, I KNEW it, I just KNEW it. Leave those two alone for a couple days, and they just can't stay out of trouble! Probably a good thing @Verna is at the nuCamp rally! Now these two are startin' fishin' stories! @Ratkity , I used to have a measurin' stick similar to that one. Had it done when my older brother thought it was a good idea. Only problem with gettin. 'em done when you're young is the measurements stretch! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz :rofl: 

Well? Did ya catch sumthin'?? Mosquito bites and poison ivy don't count :lol: I hope you got to de-stress and waiting on Liz hand and foot :)
  • Options
    I'm fixin' to post the story. Just got back yesterday to the heat. Hang in there, it's a good story! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Ahhh... @ericnliz, it's always a good story! You know, @Ratkity  and I were VERY well behaved while you were gone. Just ask Verna. Don't ask @Michigan_Mike, just in case we may have possibly derailed a post or something!  =)

@Ratkity BTW my brother loves to deep sea fish, landed his first marlin at the age of 12. He has fishing in his veins like I have camping in mine. Anyway, a few years back he and one of his best friends went to New Zealand to visit friends dad and do some fishing. Turns out my brother landed (22 hours hooked up!) the largest swordfish that year in the small local yacht/fishing club, and I think he came in either just ahead, or just behind (I forget which) the previous record holder, Zane Grey! Now that's some fishin'! He got a nice plaque and they mounted the bill for him, too.
  • Options
    Good Morning folks! For all of you headed to the nuCamp Rally, be safe out there! Learn a lot, ask questions, take pictures, and best of all, share & have a good time!!! Hope to hear some good stories & see some great pictures! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    edited July 2017
    Never go back and read an old post you made.  You're bound to find a typo that completely changes the meaning of it.  Not that it has ever happened to me.    :s
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    @lapowers57, Now that one made me chuckle! Either changes the meaning, or makes 'ya wonder WHY you shared an embarrassing moment to begin with! :o Also found that "white out" on the screen doesn't correct things very well when you hit "Post Comment"! :rofl:  
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I want to go on record that Mr Homebody and I just returned from a very relaxing 2 night local campout and there were no screw ups, no forgotten anything, and we were able to just relax! What a gift! :)
  • Options
    Oops, except for leaving the bread at home for sandwiches. Done that twice now. The good news is we had other options. And came home with food. 
This discussion has been closed.