Options

No title just idle chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    @ericliz... someone''s seriously competing for your BBQ award.  He had everyone in the campground drooling for hours and then had the gall not to invite us all for dinner.
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited August 2017
    @Aussie, If 'ya don't share, it doesn't count! :nuh_uh: Besides, not sharing after makin' 'ya smell all that good stuff all day is just down right mean! :minus_one: I'd make him sleep in his smoker for that!!! :D
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @ericnliz, now what kind of punishment would that be? Making a pit-q guy sleep with/in/on his q? Really? :rofl: 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    OMGosh!! The dewd spent all his T@B/T@G money on that BBQ pit! Um, did anyone notice it's big enough to roast a small bear or um, a person? Think twice if he's shares!!!

I don't see any stabilizers on the unit. The wheels look a wee close to the fenders too, but that could be from the weight of the animal carcass he's roasting. :pig:

I've seen versions of those BBQ trailers at some of the more serious tailgating sporting events! I've just never seen one out in the wild. I wonder if the ranger at Shenandoah would make him turn around because of the bears (not to roast, but attracting them into the campground). I still think it would attract small curious animals into the campsite as well.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, 'Ya gotta make sure the lid is closed & secured (after taking out said already cooked goodies!). If he doesn't have "grill marks", 'ya didn't leave him in there long enough! :rofl: Heck, I cooked for 33 folks at Lincoln Rock, and still had leftovers for the next evening, and the Pit Barrel is WAY smaller than that monstrosity! @Ratkity, It attracts not only small curious animals, but everyone in the campground as well. There have been times when I fired mine up, it looked like a parade with all the curious folks, and the "man, that smells good" comments. Good thing about mine is that it cooks the coals down, and I can just tip it over to start the fire at the fire pit with the left-over coals. Put the lid on, and instant bear-proof barrel! Haven't had a problem with the animals, just curious campers. 
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, and at Lincoln Rock you sent home a number of doggie bags with the rest of the left overs after feeding 33 of us for two nights in a row! I can't even start to imagine how many he could feed with that huge set up! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Like I said, he needs to share!!! If not, bear fodder! :D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz :rofl: at the parade of people in and around the campground!! The "man, that smells good!" is code for "omg.. please offer me some... soon!"
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Ratkity, If they're not already eatin', or cookin' they're invited! I usually make more than enough. Besides, the Camp Host & the Forest Rangers ALWAYS have that hungry look! Gotta take care of the folks lookin' out for your best interests!!! =) The only rule I have is that the kids & ladies eat first!!!!! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Now you folks are makin' me hungry!!! I'm off to make some Huckleberry pancakes with hot maple syrup!! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Groan.....dentist office for tooth extraction. Sign of aging. That shell of a tooth has nothing left to support it so it cracked. Out it goes and an implant in it's place in a couple of months or so. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    :s Just a sign of being well seasoned, and an up-grade. Had to have 4 yanked in one day last year, so I can empathize! Hang in there, you'll be chompin' apples before 'ya know it! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Verna said:
    Groan.....dentist office for tooth extraction. Sign of aging. That shell of a tooth has nothing left to support it so it cracked. Out it goes and an implant in it's place in a couple of months or so. 
    ow ow ow ow... so sorry V. I'd rather do this document from hades than go to the dentist. Hope all goes well!
  • Options
    @Verna, I hope the extraction went smoothly and the pain meds were good! I fixed one if my favorite vege dishes tonight and asked DH if he wanted any. He replied he'd rather have a root canal. He'd rather have french fries...More sautéed bok choy with onions and garlic for me! Anyway, sending you healing thoughts!
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone. The med's are good and they put me to sleep. These 5 stitches will drive me nuts until they dissolve!  Pasta dishes are very easy on the mouth, easy to keep on the other side of my mouth.  I'm still keeping my fingers away from the keyboard ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    pittchristinepittchristine Member Posts: 30
    @Verna feel better soon!
    Chris and Rick, 2017 T@B Max S with 2010 Ford Escape TV
  • Options
    @Verna, Get lots of rest, pet Sunny Day (Pet therapy is always good!) often, and hope you have a quick recovery. Agree with you on the stitches, they are really annoying! Glad to hear you're doing ok! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    @Verna  Feel better we're all pulling for you. (oops poor choice of words)  B)
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    I'm doing fine-- thank you again for your concerns. Over the counter meds are doing their job. I really don't like prescription pain meds, although they have their place, such as 3 am this morning!  But all is well, Sunny has been loving nap attacks on the sofa. Now to fix my evening meal....decisions, decisions....what soft food for tonight? ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127
    Verna said:
    I'm doing fine-- thank you again for your concerns. Over the counter meds are doing their job. I really don't like prescription pain meds, although they have their place, such as 3 am this morning!  But all is well, Sunny has been loving nap attacks on the sofa. Now to fix my evening meal....decisions, decisions....what soft food for tonight? ;)
    So sorry to hear @venra! Soft food and no straws as that could pull out the needed clot (I was a dental assistant in my single days). Praying you heal quickly!

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
    Married to Dave-aka, ds@work
  • Options
    @Sandiegogal, you entirely correct, as you quoted the Dentist verbatim!  I'm doing great, being careful and I'm figuring out soft foods. I have to repackage my pantry for my Camp Hosting stay this weekend. Oatmeal instead of Cheerios for breakfast, pasta for my other meals, etc. Dentist appointment next Tuesday for a progress report and maybe I can go kayaking the next weekend. Picking up my 12 lb Sunny Day is acceptable, but not my 55 lb kayak.  I can fish from the dock either way. ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    At least you can still go fishin'!!!!!! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Oiy... I get foot surgery on the 17th. Not looking forward to it. 

Hang in there V!! Don't laugh, but spagettios (don't eat meatballs) are very soft and have over-cooked noodles. Applesauce. Cottage cheese, Oatmeal... some of my go-to items when my stomach isn't doing well with non-soft foods. Good luck!
  • Options
    Not foot surgery,  @Ratkity ;(  Heel.....er....I mean heal quickly and no biking for you, young lady!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @Ratkity, OUCH! I'd add "no tire kicking" to @Verna 's list! :rofl:
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Not foot surgery,  @Ratkity ;(  Heel.....er....I mean heal quickly and no biking for you, young lady!
    :rofl: That was a good one. After getting daim bramaged at work today, it took me two reads to get it! 

The surgery is on my left foot (brake foot). I think the 6" pin in the 2nd toe might make hitting the brake a bit painful. I'm not even counting the 2nd pin in the side of the big toe. The 6" one comes out eventually. It might be a good time to have some bike bling put on at the dealer (stuff I can't do myself). I *might* be able to jump on the back and ride 2-up with one of the other riders! I just won't have ankle support.. darn. ... so much for that idea. I'll find someone with an empty 2nd on a trike :wink:

@Homebodyatheart I've broken mah toes enuff as a kid to never even consider kicking a tire, no matter how ticked off I am at the vehicle or person in it!! :lol:
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    Hey @Ratkity, wouldn't your brake foot be your right foot? You don't need that one anyway--you're s'posta use your left foot when you stop, and I'll bet a nickel your bike has linked brakes so that both operate with a squeeze of the hand lever.

Just don't accidentally set your right foot down, yell "OWEEEE!" and flop over into the ditch...

Seriously, here's to a quick recovery that gets you back in the wind ASAP!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited August 2017
    @Ratkity, Doesn't sound like fun in ANY event....speakin 'of events...after the trike ride, 'ya could enter a three legged race event. Just make sure 'ya tie up the right ('er) left side & watch out fer the landings! ;)
    Seriously though, my best friend had to have surgery done on all of his toes on one foot, similar to yours because his Parkinson's made all his toes curl under, and made it almost impossible for him to walk. His comment after the surgery was " 'Ya can't believe how many times you stub your toes on something until you've had surgery done and the doctor tells you NOT to bump them in to anything!" He went and bought some doggie face slippers that had a LOT of padding on the front. Made me smile every time I'd go see him until they healed up. Get well soon, and be careful! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ScottG said:
    Hey @Ratkity, wouldn't your brake foot be your right foot? You don't need that one anyway--you're s'posta use your left foot when you stop, and I'll bet a nickel your bike has linked brakes so that both operate with a squeeze of the hand lever.

Just don't accidentally set your right foot down, yell "OWEEEE!" and flop over into the ditch...

Seriously, here's to a quick recovery that gets you back in the wind ASAP!
    See what happens when I don't have :coffee:!!? It's my right foot. I should not post in the morning. There's also the "spit" factor too!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Ratkity, Here's some :coffee: to get 'ya started! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

This discussion has been closed.