Options

No title just idle chit chat

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Twojgrams, if you don't count intentional self relief in the house because it's a great form of revenge, even though he's housebroken (take Saturday at 1am. We both got up to relieve ourselves, he just never made it off the bed like I did! Good thing I love him!), or a couple of holes chewed here and there in fabrics, or all the small pieces of blue (digested) fleece we've found all over the yard after the snow melted because he likes to eat fleece...he's a sweet boy, but ALL dachshund! And he's my rescue pup, too, goofy boy. I'm his person first around here, and I do love him! He doesn't get Dorito's, though.  :)

OMGosh!! What an innocent, adorably cute face that he has!! I bet it comes in good use after he's done something "bad". "Alas, they're like kids! There's a reason they're so cute" (from some sitcom I was watching). 

Oh boy about the fleece!! But I soooooo understand.

There's nothing like looking out the window to the backyard and thinking it snowed a little that morning... then realizing two happy, goofy golden retrievers just de-stuffed two of their faux lambswool toys in a great game of tug-o-war after their morning constitution (big back yard). Then they bounce and wrestle with each other, run circles around you as you chase fluff around the yard as it's getting windier (and really getting to snow). Great memories lol. I miss those two sweeties. They LOVED snow and eating the little snow balls that got stuck in each other's fur....all while stealing the warms from my gas fireplace.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    Harvey has his honorary storm as of 5:00 pm EST!!!
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
     :o:fearful:  Yikes! Hang on for the ride Harvey! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Where are the tie downs?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Harvey has his honorary storm as of 5:00 pm EST!!!
    w00h000000! Time to tease him and say he's really not a strong storm (as long as the real hurricane isn't going to hit ground). 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Just to let my T@B friends know, my foot surgery went very well. The doc said I could walk on it using crutches... uh.. nope. Ow. Then I woke up this morning to find my pinky toe was squished into my next toe and the nail rubbing it (couldn't feel it last night). All fixed with moleskin. I can tell when it's about time for pain meds!! Bed rest for 3-4 days. 

If I type something odd (ok, odder than normal), it's probably the pain meds hehehe. 

Warning: Owie picture if you scroll down!

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Ratkity, you're right-that IS an owie photo. Here's hoping you have helpers waiting on you hand and foot! Take care.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    OUCH! When I had knee surgery I borrowed a walker and liked it a whole lot better than crutches. Much more stable for those middle of the night jaunts to the potty! As an aside...if they lengthened that pin you could roast marshmallows on it at a campfire! :rofl: Heal quickly, and hug Harvey.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Ratkity, Take the one pin you have, and add 3 more. :o:s That's what my best friend had to do. He had the good humor to ask for different colored pins. :)@Homebodyatheart, good idea about the marshmallows....right up to the point the pin gets hot!!! :rage: Talk about learnin' new dance moves! 
    @Ratkity, Heal quickly, and don't worry about the typing something odd...we're used to it by now! ;) So....Harvey pretty much has the run of the house now....hope 'ya bought extra Doritos!!!! :rofl:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited August 2017
    @Ratkity...HEAL!  WOW, you have a lot more hardware I have in my finger!

I do have a suggestion that I gave a person much older than you....they now have knee scooters with a padded place to lay your knee and the foot hangs off the rear end of it. She could not navigate with crutches for a break in her lower leg, so the knee scooter was a lifesaver. She was able to go shopping (she carried some canvas bags, and friends drove her for her appointments (right foot)).  It's on Amazon for about $150 and she thanked me almost every day while she was unable to walk. Oh yeah....it has hand brakes, but you have to use your imagination and voice to rev it up ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Verna, :rofl:, Yep, vroom, vroom!!!
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

Here it is @Ratkity. Yes, @ericnliz that's what I meant ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
     :) 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Wow V! That looks amazing!

Twojgrams said:
    @Ratkity, you're right-that IS an owie photo. Here's hoping you have helpers waiting on you hand and foot! Take care.
    My only helper in the house is a fat cat that sheds like a Shetland pony! He's no help. At least he doesn't try to rub his cheeks on my pin. That pin comes out. The one in the big toe stays in.

My house is so small, it only takes a few steps to get anywhere (unless I want to do laundry in the basement. I should have ordered the shower seat earlier, but it's on its way. I have a nice handheld shower head. Used it to wash the dogs lol. Will have to do the garbage bag thing over the foot for a little while. Probably until the pin is out. I'll know more on the 25th in my followup appt.

I looked your Knee rover. My foot would be pointed down. I'd worry I'd forget the pin was there and smack it good! At least the pin has a top on it. When my Mom got hers done, she had all her toes done at once. The pins were just L shaped at the top. She said she kept catching them on the carpet.. OW Ow ow.

Harvey can outrun me, but there are no more doritos. He's contemplating how to get the corndogs out of the freezer!!!!
  • Options
    Does Harvey know what the setting is on the microwave for the corndogs? Might be helpful if he shares! ;)=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    Does Harvey know what the setting is on the microwave for the corndogs? Might be helpful if he shares! ;)=)
    I think that sneaky bear has watched me long enough to figure it out. I'd have to say he's 'smarter than the average bear'! 
  • Options
    Hey @Homebodyatheart, Are 'ya back yet??? :|
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz no I am! I just finished a late lunch, have to put Bug to bed then I can catch up with life. There was no cell service at Hunters except the texts I tried to send the family Friday and early Saturday sent after midnight last night. Three bars at 12:30am...go figure! (No alcohol involved in these bars, either!)

Boy...leave you, @Verna, and @Ratkity alone for a few days and you get all chatty on me!
  • Options
     =) 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Ratkity said:
    Just to let my T@B friends know, my foot surgery went very well. The doc said I could walk on it using crutches... uh.. nope. Ow. Then I woke up this morning to find my pinky toe was squished into my next toe and the nail rubbing it (couldn't feel it last night). All fixed with moleskin. I can tell when it's about time for pain meds!! Bed rest for 3-4 days. 

Hope you feel better, get well soon!  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Thanks all for the well-wishes!

That silly bear knows I'm not fast on these crutches.. at least I've been able to hide around the corner and trip him with a crutch as he comes barreling through the kitchen. hehe. 

I'm not sure why, but he's been doing stuff in Excel on the computer. He's up to something. You know the saying, "babies, puppies and bears - worry when they are quiet". :lol:
  • Options
    I'm glad you're felling well enough for crutches, @Ratkity . Soon you'll be wanting those dual hand brakes of the knee scooter, with a basket for Harvey and his Doritos to ride in! ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    @Ratkity - I had a similar surgery, similar pin sticking out.  You are right...my doc said no kneeling scooter as your foot is pointed down and if you slip... Well, let's not even think about it!  Hope non weight bearing is going ok, that the pin hasn't gotten caught on your bedding while you sleep, that you haven't slipped in the shower, and that you feel like you are on the mend (even when your pain pills have worn off!)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    OK, no ZOOM, ZOOMING for @Ratkity. Now to figure out motorized crutches that Harvey can't get in the way of.....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    :lol:@2Cougs! My Mom likes to go on and on about her similar surgery (done 35+ years ago). She had an "L" bend at the pin tip instead of a cap. She starts in about the bedding, the carpet, etc. Bleh. I have no carpet. I slept in the boot so bedding didn't mess with it. I noticed I would've stubbed my big toe had I not been wearing the boot several times. 

I'm using a 3-legged camp chair in the shower so I can keep my foot dry. I think that's the most I've ever used that chair! I was afraid it would slip, but it held fast. Good thing I have a decent hand-held shower as well.

Both toes are healing well. My only issue is that the gauze bandages under the self-adhesive ace bandage keep trying to escape. I go for a checkup on the 25th.  
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    @Ratkity - good to hear all is well.  I know I hadn't thought about them taking the pin out.  The doc reached down and was just going to pull it out.  I informed him that was not going to happen without a shot, either kind, needle or whiskey!  Turns out it was a piece of cake.  Hope the check up goes well and healing time is short.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @2Cougs, glad to hear the pin removal wasn't as much as an ordeal as I was imagining.

Probably much like the time I had abdominal surgery and had to have a drain. the drain had stopped working after two weeks and it needed to come out, but couldn't get to doc's because it was snowing. Ugh. I finally was able to go to a follow-up and dreaded that thing being taken out. Deep breath and whoosh. That was it (long sucker too - pun). Didn't hurt at all.
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    Are all of us old and falling apart???  I need to start traveling before it is too late!!  I had cardiomyopathy diagnosed and had a kidney removed 23 years ago and now have colitis.  I am really feeling great today.  
    2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    TTTab said:
    Are all of us old and falling apart???  I need to start traveling before it is too late!!  I had cardiomyopathy diagnosed and had a kidney removed 23 years ago and now have colitis.  I am really feeling great today.  
    I'm trying to keep the body together with superglue. I'm going for gorilla tape next. I have to stop gluing my fingers together! :lol:
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
     =) 
    2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
This discussion has been closed.