Options

No title just idle chit chat

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @TTTab, Really prefer vintage or well seasoned to the o-l-d thing! Your body really isn't falling apart, just rearranging. Mine seems to do it more frequently than I would like. :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @2Cougs, Just curious how you like your new TV as opposed to the old one. Very nice lookin' rig by the way!
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    So far so good.  Certainly will change how we organize things  ;)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    edited August 2017
    @Homebodyatheart, Better? =):D Good morning! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Homebodyatheart, Harvey bought mini marshmallows from Amazon! He was pulling out the "Little Red Campfire" and was going to use my toe pin to roast them. *faint* I'm not sure he thought this one through. I'm not taking THAT many pain killers lol.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @Ratkity and here I thought he'd be twirling all around playing hurricane... Seriously, I hope no one gets hurt! Hey! He could use Teddy Grahams with those mini marshmallows! :rofl:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    HARVEY!!!! Place nice!! :rofl::lol:, Teddy Grahams...Good one!!! I'm still laughin' at that one!!! He can even break the Hershey bars into single squares for that one. NO TOE PINS MR. HARVEY!!! @Ratkity, Sounds like 'ya might need to go get Mr. Harley Bear to keep Mr. Harvey Bear in line. (Did the mini marshmallows go on your Prime account? :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    :rofl: OMG @Homebodyatheart... that was 'spit worthy'. I'm so glad I had put down my drink. I'd have hated for strawberry seltzer water to come out my nose or spray anything (the cat hates it when he's in the spray-zone.

*hides this post from Harvey* Nothing to see about Teddy Grahams... nothing here *types furiously to figure out what was bought under the influence of pain meds and what Harvey bought* ...... 

Ya know, this s'mores thing Harvey is doing is giving a new meaning to the concept of "hot foot". 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Been kinda' quiet here in T@B Town lately.  :| Hopefully everyone is out campin' and enjoying the waning days of summer. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    ericnliz said:
    Been kinda' quiet here in T@B Town lately.  :| Hopefully everyone is out campin' and enjoying the waning days of summer. :)
    I was actually home this past weekend for only the second time since getting our T@b.  It was kind of nice to be home, but at the same time, I kind of whished I was camping instead....
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Camp Hosting this weekend and the safest I will ever be!  I was surrounded by rabid squirrel hunters who come every year to this campground. They think they are noisy, but they have no idea how quiet they are!  Good ole boys, and very nice. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @Verna sounds interesting! I have a rather bold squirrel at my house that they can have for nothing. He is becoming unfazed by us, the lawnmower (sits on the grass while DH mows close to him), and the dogs. I might have to get a slingshot or supersoaker or something!

Oh, @ericnliz my propane issue was pure operator error (oops!). Thank Mr. Homebody for hauling it out and checking!  ;)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Glad to hear you got the propane issue figured out. ( With Mr. Homebody's help!)
    Guess I forgot to tell you I gave my cherry stealin' squirrels directions to your place! =)  
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    My neighborhood has two colors of squirrels. The fat gray ones with huge fuzzy tails and black ones that can have some brown in their skinny tails (interesting color combo). I keep trying to catch a picture of the black one with the half brown tail that runs my fence line. 

I've given up trying to save any cherries for myself. I have two trees in my backyard and one struggling blueberry bush. The mulberry tree is really just a bunch of overhanging branches from the neighbor's yard. I need to trim that thing. I have a free-for-all with squirrel and bird food in my backyard. 

Those squirrels did a number on the electrical system of the neighbor's minivan next door! Did about $800 of damage to it in a short period of time when it was parked in the carport. Neighbor only drives it a few times a week. I drive my truck even less than that. I've had to make sure none have any access to the camper and inspect it periodically.
  • Options
    @Ratkity, Be glad it's just squirrels! I now have one that sits on top of my garage & pretty much just laughs at me after devouring a goodly portion of my cherry crop. :s:o ( Little bugger thinks he's pretty slick because I can't get to him!) Porcupines are the worst as far as the "chew & ruin " factor goes. They love to chew on anything rubber or anything with an insulated cover (wiring). Had a cat versus skunk fight the other night in my front yard. PHEW!!! The non-stripped cat lost that battle!!!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Ut oh.. I thought you had them white-striped black kitties under control! You certainly have a zoo of interesting and pesky critters there. I'd have to camp just to get away from your yard zoo! Poor non-stripey kitteh. I also didn't know porcupines chewed on rubber stuff. I guess you keep your hoses up high. Do you have any outdoor grill tires left? 

One of the neighborhood folks with a green thumb and a nice-looking garden by the side fence put up an owl statue. If I'd just been fast enough!! No one would've believe it wasn't photoshopped. There was a fat squirrel next to the statue and I don't believe any of the blue jays or mockingbirds we have around here were deterred either. We also have a plethora of robins and cardinals. After that, I can't identify birds. My sister is the birder. That owl statue was just funny yard decor. I'm not sure foil pie plates do anything to deter birds either. 
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378

"One of the neighborhood folks with a green thumb and a nice-looking garden by the side fence put up an owl statue. If I'd just been fast enough!! No one would've believe it wasn't photoshopped. There was a fat squirrel next to the statue and I don't believe any of the blue jays or mockingbirds we have around here were deterred either. We also have a plethora of robins and cardinals. After that, I can't identify birds. My sister is the birder. That owl statue was just funny yard decor. I'm not sure foil pie plates do anything to deter birds either.  "

We put up a plastic owl in the rafters on our back patio to deter birds from swooping underneath and pooping everywhere. It worked perfect for that, but apparently a real owl fell in love with it and would sit there beside it for hours at a time.

Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    @marknjudy, Now you'll have to set up a table for two & a nice bottle of wine.  =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Hahaha! I thought Inwas gonna have to
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Please read the above “Chit Chat” as our friend and long time T@B owner,“EricnLiz”, had a lot of off topic comments and he definitely lit up our days. While he didn’t post as much after he lost his wonderful wife, Liz, Eric remained a friend to those of us who knew him. 

His tribute is posted at the end of the second long post 

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/5637/idle-off-topic-chit-chat-part-2/p1
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
This discussion has been closed.