Options

No title just idle chit chat

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Homebodyatheart, You do realize that just up the hill from there is both a Wally World & a Spaceway store, right? Or, for the brave at heart....1/2 spoon peanut butter, 1/2 spoon jelly/jam & down the hatch!  =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @ericnliz, no p,b,j, just turkey or blta. Luckily there was also a Jack in the Box after Mr. Homebody picked me up from work. Sounded pretty good at the time!   =)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Need to go out & sanitize the fresh water tank again. Last trip shook loose some stuff in the system that doesn't look so good. :o:s I'm thinkin' just a one time rinse after the sanitizing wasn't enough, so this time I'll do the three time rinse.
    @Ratkity, bleach, or vinegar? What have you found works best? Last time I used bleach, and just curious about the mix....1/4 cup to a gallon jug, then filled the fresh water tank, left overnight & rinsed (only once),was that enough? Do I need to run the sink & shower faucets to help clear it all out? Thought I'd ask the opinion of our (mad) local scientist/microbiologist! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @ericnliz LOL.. You don't have to leave it overnight. 20 min is enough if you do the 1/4 cup per 11 gallons thing. I really, really hate the smell of bleach. My house water is over-chlorinated and I have refused to drink from it for 16 years (I refill water carboys at the cleanest fill station ever seen at a local organic market). I know folks go the cheaper way to sanitize with bleach. Distilled white vinegar to sanitizer takes more, but I can't remember what the dilution is - like a gallon to 10 gallons. 

So, after my first bleach sanitation and subsequent 10 fills and rinses to get the smell out (I used my inline water filter on my hose each fill so my chlorinated house water wouldn't contaminate my tank)....

I decided to buy an RV water tank sanitizer. It's blue and you do a dilution. It's not an over-powering smell, but enough that I can put my hand under the tank that's draining and smell if the sanitizer is still present.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-40207-TastePURE-Cleaner-Deodorizer/dp/B000EDUTQS/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1500999551&sr=1-2&keywords=rv+water+sanitizer

Now, keep in mind that I now have a 32 (I thought it was 39) gallon water tank. With gravity draining through tiny pex hose, it takes overnight to empty the tank. What I did was use a drill pump to connect to the drain outlet (pex 1/2" - your's is different and a poly hose connected would work fine). You can get a cheap one drill pump at HD. I ordered a heavy duty one on Amazon. It takes 25 min and almost 2 batteries with a cordless impact drill at 2800 rpm to empty my tank. Almost 1 hr with a 1200 rpm drill and 2.5 batteries. :lol: I do have a corded impact drill. I just wanted to see what those 18V drills could take. Boy did my trigger finger hurt and them drills get pretty hot to the touch. With 11 gallons... pfft... piece of cake. I also have to mention that I think I have some pex shavings inside or near the fresh water tank drain and I was using the drills to see if I could pull some out. Apparently I got some out because it's draining better (still slow). I found the inner seal to the pvc pipe inside my gray water tank valve when I was trying to figure out what was making it stick and then leak. Never know what you are going to find!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F1ZJG5E/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Oh.. and yes, run the taps and shower and flush the potty at least once, then you can connect to city water to rinse those out faster and save using your pump. That'll get everything out of the inside lines nicely. Don't forget to bypass the Alde tank. Just connect your city water hose (with pressure regulator!!) and open your hot water lines to rinse out the Alde, especially if you've had it sitting a while in the hot weather. Just let it run a while and open the gray tank.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Heh, Tanks! =):D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    punny! :rofl:
  • Options
    Kinda quiet in T@B  Forum :) land lately. Hope everybody is out enjoying themselves, and staying safe!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz I fully agree. Between that, and three very well behaved forum members (who shall remain nameless (*cough*) who are usually keeping the admins on their respective toes and wands) it has been very quiet. I might driveway camp this weekend since I'm not heading out anywhere. It's great weather, and I want to. No more reasons are needed than that I believe! =)  
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Homebodyatheart, Good thing you can plug in your A/C!!!! ;)B):relieved:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Well behaved, :rofl:, NOW THAT'S a good one! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    :)
  • Options
    Hi @Ratkity! WE know who the "well behaved" ones are, huh? =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Quiet is right...I'm involved in several threads and except for you all talking about how quiet it is I'm not getting any notifications.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    Because it is camping season!  T@b On! B) 
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @dsatwork, Did 'ya remember to raise yer hand first? :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Looks as if good ol' Mom Nature is fixin' to crank the heat up in our neck of the woods this next week. :confounded::disappointed::fearful::time_out:  Everybody try to stay cool! @Homebodyatheart, looks like yer icemaker is gonna come in REAL handy! Gonna keep the misters cranked up on the patio for sure this week! Glad I installed the ones on the BBQ gazebo! B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Hey @dsatwork, are you guys up in our neck of the woods by any chance? Hope your travels are going well!

@ericnliz have you checked your email this morning? If not, here's the pic from our discussion last night.  =)
  • Options
    Yep, got it, saw it & :rofl:! Good one! Only in :murica: will 'ya find a label like that! :lol:
    @dsatwork, And...If 'ya are, you're welcome to stop by. If 'ya need a break from your travels, I've got hook-ups & water available. Might even talk me in to firin' up the 'ol Pit Barrel for a BBQ! :);)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    :lol: Love the ham!!

I have the 7-pin connect attached to the wires of the electric jack finished and long enough - complete with water resistant cover over the wires. Works like a champ. 

Then I have the solar setup in the lunchbox with the wires going through gaskets - water resistant! The heat sink is outside the back of the lunchbox. Now I have to figure out exactly where to rivet the lunchbox to the 22g steel I have cut out and then how in the world I can put the steel on the tongue. Looks like I may have get some welder to help me with connecting the steel plate to the tongue where I want it, and then spray it with Rustoleum spray to prevent rusting.

Then I made a "bathmat". It's something I got at Bed Bath & Beyond. It fits above the drain in my wet bath. It has rubber feet as well. It has iffy reviews on BB&B, but it's not finished on the bottom of it. I put 3x coats of oil polyurethane on it - top and bottom! 

Finished product!!

Major projects are keeping me out of trouble!!! Well, no trouble yet. Um, I mean, no blood-letting...... yet.

Meanwhile, baby sis gots herselves a spanking new house (for her). I think I can put 3 of my widdle bitty houses in hers! My yard is certainly easier to keep up!! LOL. It's a very nice house. Seems she keeps moving further and further away from me.... sorta getting a complex here. :pensive:
  • Options
    @Ratkity great job with those projects! Congrats on no bloodletting BTW... =) I love the look of the wooden bath upgrade. I had an odd little mat in mine for a while and decided it was one more thing to clean so I took it out. Realistically, if I fall in a T@b shower, where am I going to go? Glad you liked the ham, too. Congrats to your sis on her new abode. Sounds nice, but more to clean and maintain. I'm leaning towards less around me, DH has said if he wins the lottery he wants one of those big mcmansion style houses. That would make life very interesting... Have a good evening!
  • Options
    hrmph.. I said the same thing.. more to clean @Homebodyatheart. If DH wins the lotto, he can hire someone to clean and do the lawn.... probably could hire someone to cook too hehe.
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    @Homebodyatheart @ericnliz we're already looking at a trip next year that would bring us your way. We'll see you guys at Tabazona for sure and your welcome to swing by our house if you're in the area.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
     :rofl:@dsatwork, Pretty funny today, you are! You'll be at Tabazona, & I'll be up to my hoo-ha in snow! :o Still tryin' to figure out who I could bam-boozle in to feeding the pellet stove, shoveling snow, and dealing with winter here in general. :i_dunno: Thanks for the invite, and right back at 'ya, you're welcome anytime. (If it's winter, bring yer snow shovel) =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @dsatwork Tabzona isn't possible for me at this point. However I do have family north of you both in Tustin and Claremont. Not sure when I'll next be down though, maybe fall sometime. It will be nice to finally meet you both!

Oh @Ratkity.... put down any beverages and swallow. Ok. This pic is from an ad in a local mailer we got today. The question is how was I ever properly raised not knowing that 1) bananas have bones, and 2) there is a need for boneless bananas?  They certainly didn't cover this in Culinary school! :rofl:
  • Options
    Please note: These can only be found in the "boneless" section of your local produce department. They have special monkeys that separate the boneless from the non-boneless. =) HMMMM...Wonder if you use the non-boneless if you could do without the banana boat for banana splits? :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    :rofl:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The "oval" hole drill bits, the infamous "finger pulls", and bone-in bananas I'm beginning to believe are all special order items. Still haven't found any of 'em on Amazon either!? ;) Think I better hang out here for a while, I thought I heard the wand charging up! :o:s
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    :blush::bow::fearful::nuh_uh::time_out:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Just cuz I've been a wee quiet doesn't mean I'm not around. Ok.. I haven't been able to be around. Computer issues. Wish me luck. Limping around today on an old MacAir. 
This discussion has been closed.