Options

No title just idle chit chat

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Mariner459, ? I'm only on my first cup 'o coffee, not sure I understand your question. HELP! :|
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861

ericnliz said:

@Mariner459, ? I'm only on my first cup 'o coffee, not sure I understand your question. HELP! :|

Have you had your toast yet?   smilie

smilie
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Oh boy, The admin guy is on a "roll" today! ;)
    Not today, sausage, hash browns & eggs on the menu! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

ericnliz said:

Oh boy, The admin guy is on a "roll" today! ;)
    Not today, sausage, hash browns & eggs on the menu! :)

smilie

Gotta scoot as I need a last cup of coffee and have some big fish to fry out in the garage as my next trip is a week out! smilie   I'm in over my head right now!  smilie   smilie

Cya!   smilie
  • Options
    Life jacket anyone, anyone.....water wings......floating noodle? ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770

ericnliz said:

Life jacket anyone, anyone.....water wings......floating noodle? ;)

Alas, our group has 2 places we've split up to go camping this weekend. I think it'll be the weekend of the "drowned rats!". Water? Pfffft, just a few sprinkles! Although you might want to put that novelty golf club umbrella down and stand under the awning. :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Ratkity, Just make sure to keep Harvey out of the rain. I hear he gets a little cranky, and leaves paw prints when left unattended. :D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @Michigan_Mike I hear your pain, except I'm fairly clueless about a lot of things, sort of 'book learning meets reality' clueless. My maiden voyage is this coming Thursday through Sunday at a local State Park, so I'm close to "civilization" and about 20 minutes from home. I feel like I'm a whole month behind in what I wanted to accomplish by now, so I see a weekend of driveway camping, probably starting tonight! Still scurrying around for "necessary stuff" too, and trying to figure out what goes where till I have a better idea of what works. I do have the Alde heater figured out pretty well, so that's half the battle. Now to set the water temp a bit higher. But...I'm loving every minute of it! And I'm loving my Bug!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    The May issue of Sunset Magazine is their 2017 camping guide. On one of the inside pages is a great quote:
    "It doesn't matter if you're deep in a forest or on your lawn. It's all camping. And it's all good."
    I agree!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options

ericnliz said:

@Ratkity, Just make sure to keep Harvey out of the rain. I hear he gets a little cranky, and leaves paw prints when left unattended. :D

And nacho cheese Dorito crumbles everywhere!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    We were talking to a T@B dealer near us this week and I asked him if they would be carrying the new 400 model. He said no because it did not pass the CSA certification process. So when it gets in to Canada is anyone guess. The number of T@B dealers has been reduced in Ontario to 5 as well. And the dealer we bought from is not one of them.
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • Options

Ratkity said:

And nacho cheese Dorito crumbles everywhere!

Interesting you mentioned that as I was cleaning out all those morsels between the seats of my truck this afternoon and found a few taco chips and a couple of dried or mummified French fries from Arizona!   I knew I'd catch up with them sooner or later!  

Image result for funny french fries 
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Love this thread!! My T@B is in storage "prison" right now until our new house is finished. By the time I finally get back out next July, it will have been a year!! Happy to see the forum is being hosted by NuCamp where it belongs!
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    I'm bushed! Who knew "moving in" could be so tiring! It's a good tired, and I have extra places that are still empty, which feels good, too! Had a bumpy ride home last night from @Dalehelman's. Thanks again for the mod! The only thing that really jumped was the cutting board over the sink, ended up on the floor. It's pothole season here. Anyway, still have things to figure out where to go or need to anchor. I've got a jar of museum gel coming this week which will help. Anyway, it's fun!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I slide my cutting board into the top undersink cabinet, next to the wall. Be sure to read up on the care and feeding of a wooden cutting board. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks @Verna. I had put soap and what have you in the sink so they wouldn't fly. BTW thanks for your homemade double doodie bag idea. It works really well! @Dalehelman thanked you yesterday, too, when he did my dump valve mod. :-)
  • Options

@Michigan_Mike I hear your pain, except I'm fairly clueless about a lot of things, sort of 'book learning meets reality' clueless. 

The issue I have is that we are setting up another trailer in SW AZ as a winter home base if you will, resources are limited (it is in a remote area) and we are trying to plan things out so far as to what will be needed, what we can get by with for 4 days, etc.  There's more to it  than that of course but I think things will work out and by the time we return back to Michigan we will have a better handle on things when we return next year.  I'm not looking forward to the 2K mike drive out and back and the high temps but we've got a plan and will go with it.  
  • Options
    Just another T@Bulous day! B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    This afternoon we took L@dybug out for some fresh air and practice. Still need practice but things are starting to make more sense. Today's victory was learning to use the Anderson leveler. Once we watched a YouTube video it was simple! I'm pretty proud of my leveling job! I also introduced Reggie to Bug and he did well. Next time is Ryans turn.
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart , 'Ya better git 'ta packin' for the weekend there lady! Let me know if you need some help this weekend, I'm just up the hill! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    All 'ya need is a T@B, a tow vehicle, a good sense of adventure, and the possibilities are endless! =)
    HMMMM.....gotta figure out how I can drive it on to a pontoon boat, out to THAT island, unload it, and still use the pontoon boat....I'm workin' on it............. :D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Ha, retro-fit removable pontoons, get a trolling motor...... :| (rolodex stuck again)...... :o
    See what 'ya started Dale! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz I haven't even decided on my menu for 3.5 days! I bought the 'fixens' to make Larrys redneck porch, tarp awning, 8x 10 in case these rain squalls keep up all week. That's tonight's project, provided I bought the right diameter rope. Called HF and they have the trailer dolly. Said they missed you...(just kidding!) Now to figure out when I can get there before Thursday. Haven't started packing, either. I swear I'm a whole month behind in all this! Once I get camp set up Thursday I may take a nap! I've earned it!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Despite having pass through storage in the new Retro for stinky slinkies and other things people have found innovative ways to attach inconspicuously and ingeniously, the tiny toy hauler has surprisingly little inside cabinet space. The kitchen space is deceiving because the hot water heater (10gal) and winterizing by-pass valves are under there. Needed a basket just like in T@B. Frig is bigger, but still holds same amount of junk food I put in the Norcold lol. Command hooks to the rescue! And velcro. It's amazing what I put in that sweet T@Bitha. I always had a spare jacket. Guess what I didn't have this past weekend that I could've used? And I thought I'd stocked my first aid kit better - apparently not! I must have taken the lip balm out. I do have space for my Anything Box and ThermoCell in a drawer. One drawer for my implements of destruc... I mean kitchen utensils that are rarely used. Back to thinking minimalist. Those over-the-back cabinets held surprising amounts! I could've used a hat too. And where did my footie warmers go? I think I stole them to use on my motorcycle rides in my boots. 

Back to the "lists". Jus' the essentials, ma'am. This is why I need 2 or 3 shakedown trips. I feel like a ditz! :) Ok, more than usual... :lol:
  • Options
    Oh.. and I'm a fairly misery power usage person. This last shakedown trip was boondocking. Used the furnace and heated up the hot water tank once (stays hot a long time). Did the 4am propane tank switch (have dual tanks, it was just a switch flip), but got down to 50% of battery after a 3 day weekend. Playing with lights and showing people stuff like the power awning probably didn't help. The See-Level system said 12.1V rating was "Fair" EEP! Going to have fun minimizing power usage - that Alde system is a gem for that!! While this looks huge because most of these things are huge land yachts, it's less than 20 ft tongue to tail. The space to the left of the door is where my 7' Harley is tied down (through the kitchen). The space from the door to the right is the entrance, potty across from door and sideways queen bed (non-walk around - a-la T@B... love it). Of course, this will never replace the T@B cuteness with matching TVs and all the cool mods I'm stealing, um, uh.. finding on the forum. :heart:

Oh.. and the Retro has an official name. Afire! We had a full redneck bonfire and the reflection on the Retro looked like the door was "a-fire" (redneck translation - "on fire"). 

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Good morning T@BBERS!
    @Homebodyatheart, Make sure 'ya say "howdy" to the folks at HF for me ( I'm still on restriction from there!  :s ), and make sure 'ya grab a flier with a 20% off coupon when 'ya go in the door! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Thanks Eric! It will be tomorrow afternoon, but it's on my list! Turns out one of Dan's sisters and her hubby are on their way over (NOW)for two days I think. Knew they were thinking about it, never heard for sure one way or the other and have no idea if they are staying with us or not. Life is grand, isn't it?!
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Just another day in the life. Gotta love it, and at least it doesn't get boring! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

This discussion has been closed.