Options

No title just idle chit chat

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Mouseketab, Do you at least get visitation rights? :s On the other hand, it gives you time to make a "list" for the things you'd like to get done!  ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Wow! Busy day in T@B L@nd! Everybody seems to be getting geared up for adventures! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Hey, hey, it's a GREAT T@B day! B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Are 'ya campin' yet? Remember, pictures, or it didn't happen! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Good morning fellow T@Bbers!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Got a call from @Homebodyatheart yesterday she's all set up at the Bowl & Picther. She will be their till Sun.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @Dalehelman, I told her if she needs something, I'm right up the hill from where she is...maybe 10 min. max. ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Might even do a drive-by with my Squirt gun! :D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,503

Pure bliss! Still working out some kinks, but having a wonderful trip! Again my thanks to Larry for his Redneck Porch idea! Was too windy and rainy for the XL visor when I got here Thursday. I love cooking outside, and have a great view of the very full Spokane River. Sigh... I'm happy! More stories later...
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Homebodyatheart, Looks like you're havin' fun. I LIKE the Redneck Porch! We had a similar one for our tent trailer and loved it. Looks like you found a good spot.
    We're gonna want a Zombie count! Parked that close to the road you'll attract a lot!
    Please be careful around the river! You're in an area down there where there are multiple whirlpools, and under-tows. With the river being as high as it is, it gets even worse. Beautiful, and awesome to look at, dangerous to get close to!
    Have fun, and be safe.  :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    It's official... I'm glamping!  ;)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Homebodyatheart, Neat!  I have lights like that!  They were the first ones for my T@B. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Look at you, you lil' glamper you! Bet you've got a real GOOD case of perma-grin! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I have the WolfT@B parked in the driveway right now. Been doing some general "before season" clean-out & adjustments. Going through things, figuring out what we did use, and what we didn't from last season and putting the "should've brought that" things in. The "didn't use, probably won't use" pile is substantially bigger than the "should have brought pile", so I think I'm making good head-way. The biggest head scratcher so far has been...."Why did I think I needed 3 complete fuse kits in here?" :o Since the Avalanche takes the same type fuses, 1 is going in the truck, 1 staying in the T@B, and the other is going in the garage to replace fuses I use from the other 2 kits.  :) Must have been some kind of method to my madness.? 
    Going through the tools I'm thinkin' I'll need ( in the trailer) has been one of the biggest consolidation issues. Managed to fit the appropriate "square drive" screw driver bits in with a smaller driver kit that has all the sockets, and flat-tip, and Phillips heads I'll need. That alone managed to consolidate two kits in to one. Cresent wrench, hammer, pliers (channel locks), folding 4 way lug wrench ( has 4 different sizes SAE, and metric), container of dielectric grease, duct tape, and (of course) super glue.
    Going to tackle the two cupboards under the sink today. Have to see if the wire rack I found hangin' out in the garage will fit in the bottom one to keep things from sliding around in there.
    If 'ya don't hear from me by tomorrow, .......send help, I'm stuck somewhere! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Verna, Did you get your turkey? :|
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ericnliz, two more weeks in the season and we're dealing with these super thunderstorms and high water. I'm not sure my 8" boots will be tall enough and we hunt on top of a ridge!  I hope to go tomorrow, but there will be up to 25 mph winds.....rain until the weekend after that, but I'll be camphosting, also, so it will be a lot of sleep depravation to get everything done!  Yes, I'll be safe-- if too tired, no shotgun in my hands. Safety always on unless I see that tail fan and beard ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Tail fan( back pocket bandanna) & beard? I better stay out of your "neck of the woods"! :o Glad to hear you're being safe, good luck, and keep us posted on your camp host experience. Might consider some hip waders. ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770

Verna said:

@ericnliz, two more weeks in the season and we're dealing with these super thunderstorms and high water. I'm not sure my 8" boots will be tall enough and we hunt on top of a ridge!  I hope to go tomorrow, but there will be up to 25 mph winds.....rain until the weekend after that, but I'll be camphosting, also, so it will be a lot of sleep depravation to get everything done!  Yes, I'll be safe-- if too tired, no shotgun in my hands. Safety always on unless I see that tail fan and beard ;)

I've seen all the bad weather. Stay safe!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @ericnliz, just an FYI. All T@Bs seem to have a healthy appetite for those multi-bit screwdriver bits (magnetic or not). I switched to the full screwdriver for a #1 and #2 square bits. The place I found my T@Bitha ate the most bits was in the area behind the potty where the pump was.. just an FYI! Use those bits with caution. The WolfT@B may be more house-broken. :wink:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Ratkity, That's why I have spares!  ;) I have the handle adapter that fits the bits at a 90* angle to get to the hard to reach, awkward places, and it ratchets to boot. Makes things a LOT easier to get to in those spots. Usually I go to Home Depot, or Harbor Freight and get the packs of #1 & #2 square drive bits. I do the same with the #2 & #3 Phillips bits as well, as I go through a lot of them during the course of the year. Saves a trip or two, and the frustration of not having them on hand. ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

ericnliz said:

@Ratkity, That's why I have spares!  ;)

Eric, I swear... she ate the spares too! Her appetite was insatiable. I did the same thing with the fuses. Then, as my sister's water pump started failing and eating fuses, I remembered why I kept more than 2 of each!! We had to disconnect the pump. Outback's laser temp would have been saying "Warning! Warning! Combustion eminent!" 

My new tool regime is a bit more extensive because the trailer doesn't just use squares, but a mix of everything else and the motorcycle takes some extra long Torx. Then the new coupler/ball needs a mallet whack every now and then for the coupler lock to disengage. The weight distribution/sway hitch also needs a long #10 hex to adjust the sway amount and loosen it to be able to hitch. Then there's the tool that needs to be used to put the arms on the sway bars for the hitch (R3 Recurve). The motorcycle keeps hiding the #10 hex so we can't leave.

All that done before the last trip, I forgot to put BACK one crucial thing. My spare jacket and cap. Of course it got cold! I was fine inside the camper (toasty), but that ain't why I go camping, right? No toy on that run, unless you count us crazy peeps putting a small handmade teardrop inside the toy hauler and making a video of it's "birth". I swear, we were all sober!! The last two picts were the bonfire reflected in the Retro. The guys called it looked "a fire!", so that's her name now "Afire"!

• Options
    In the words of @dalehelman "you can never have enough tools". I think he gets frequent flier miles at Harbor Freight, Home Depot, and Camping World! Nice set-up by the way!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, so how do you know about frequent flier miles at those stores?  =)
  • Options
    Just another "plead the 5th" reply! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @Homebodyatheart, Just an observation....'ya might wanna sign up for the 'frequent flier' program yourself...just sayin'. ;)
    Now, if they sold coffee there, it would save BOTH Dale & I an extra store trip! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Just wondering if anyone has updates on the 400's.  Seems like the info flow on them went dark!  ours should be in one of these weeks, still waiting.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    @atlasb, Last time I spoke with Justin @ Pleasant Valley, he was diligently working on the literature on the new Cirrus Campers, and the updates on the new model T@B 320, and the T@B 400. That was about a week ago.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Thanks Eric,  I keep cruzin the sites but not much info.  Patiently waiting, know the wait will be well worth it!  Keepin the 320 all safe in the shop so nothing happens to it before the new one gets here.  Not so much good weather here lately.  Atlasb
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Thought for the day!
    Definition: Growing Old Gracefully:
    Don't be in such a hurry, there's always a little kid in there somewhere just 'itchin' to join in! =)
    (Liz says mine works overtime!) :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588

T@B 400s have begun to appear in the wild. Who will be the first to claim this milestone?

Into the Valley of Death drove the 400. B)
    Photo via Good Free Photos

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
This discussion has been closed.