Options

No title just idle chit chat

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770

Um, @Ratkity, um, you're a bit late to the party! And don't forget @Dalehelman. Just ask Mrs. Dalehelman, she's got our number all right!  B)

Not late, just waiting until full admission of guilt! :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Ratkity, You should come to the breakfast meetings, there's even MORE of us. Ha, just wait 'till we get to the East Meets West Rally in 10 days! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options

ericnliz said:

@Ratkity, You should come to the breakfast meetings, there's even MORE of us. Ha, just wait 'till we get to the East Meets West Rally in 10 days! =)

'cept I'm way out on the right coast. The only mod I did this weekend was put a blackout curtain that velcros on the frosted door glass. I found some heavy drapery liner (white) for the outside facing part and heavy black cotton for the inside. Ya know.... straight lines have never been a strength.... I make bumblebees dizzy :bee:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Ratkity, Nope, you're on the WRONG coast! You can keep the humidity over there, along with the gnats! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    You know, @Ratkity... I have to agree with @ericnliz . I've always wondered why people lived with the ocean on the wrong side. Makes a bit more sense now that I'm older, but it is still a wonderment.  =) Oh, and you've reminded me I want to make some black out pieces for some of the blue lights in L@dybug. I hung a lot of clothes around last trip. Velcro is my friend!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
     Eric: Per our phone call
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @Dalehelman, Thanks Dale! Yours (shelf ) is closer to the back wall than mine, and those are EXACTLY what I need! I'll just have to figure out a spacer for the space difference for the bigger gap. I'm sure if I rummage around enough, I probably have SOMETHING around here I can use! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744

Eric: Per our phone call

you guys have a perfectly timed post. This weekend I was just dealing with the small nail in cable clips pulling out, I use them in the back for the hinge on my rack. Not sure why I didn't just use the clips you show in the photo. Because I'm using those on the sides in the front catch the rack. Guess I though that it needed to be trapped to act properly as a hinge.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    @dsatwork, Yep, great minds think alike! I was also contemplating using cable clips, and opted not to just BECAUSE of the worry about the nails pulling out! MOD ON! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

ericnliz said:

@Ratkity, Nope, you're on the WRONG coast! You can keep the humidity over there, along with the gnats! =)

Ya know, down h're, we calls em.. noseeums... 'cuz youse kant see them li'l suckers when they bites ya! 
  • Options
    @Ratkity, Yep, and it's even harder to bite 'em back! Ya'll!  =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

You know, @Ratkity... I have to agree with @ericnliz . I've always wondered why people lived with the ocean on the wrong side. Makes a bit more sense now that I'm older, but it is still a wonderment.  =) Oh, and you've reminded me I want to make some black out pieces for some of the blue lights in L@dybug. I hung a lot of clothes around last trip. Velcro is my friend!

LOL @Homebodyatheart! I don't live close to the ocean. I kinda hang around a swamp with a lot of monuments. 

I agree, Vecro for fabrics is FABBO! I need to order some more. AND..my solar Luci lights arrived! They are charging now.. so cool.

Blue lights in the L@dybug? Ohhhhhh! Those silly LEDs. I don't get to do any mods this weekend. Mom is coming up to the swamp for her special day! 

I'm still staring at that great motorcycle fabric and not wanting to cut it for curtains. I pulled out the sewing machine for the first time in 14 years when I made the blackout door curtain. It was so surprised, it needed encouragement! I'm surprised I remembered how to thread the thing. I do seem to have a problem cutting and sewing a straight line! Any tips would help. I have limited flat places to cut stuff.
  • Options
    @Ratkity, lay the fabric flat on a piece of wood, or cardboard, get a metal edge, and use a single edge razor. Works good for tool box drawer liner too! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

ericnliz said:

@Ratkity, lay the fabric flat on a piece of wood, or cardboard, get a metal edge, and use a single edge razor. Works good for tool box drawer liner too! ;)

@ericnliz, do you sew too? If you do, you're hired!! :lol:
  • Options
    @Ratkity , last time I tried that I got up to walk away from the 'ol treadle machine, and sewed my finger on the button! :o Haven't tried more than sewin' a patch on by hand since! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Ratkity, the Telephone Pioneers Ladies sewing group don't use scissors to cut fabric any more. They use those rolling cutters!  They work great!  Of course, I'm just there to use a marking pen to make faces on the stuffed dogs for the child patients, or stuff the dogs, or anything that has nothing to do with needles!  Strange, give me a power saw any day and there's no blood, but give me a needle and there's blood all over the place!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Verna, I'm right there with 'ya! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @Verna , OUCH! Don't do that! Funny about the power tools though. It is a good thing you don't do that in reverse!

@Ratkity you can use a cutting board on a ironing board if you've got one. Those come in handy for lots of things! Now, close your eyes and imagine what form you think that fabric should really take... It sang to you when you bought it, go from there. Pillows maybe?
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options

@Verna , OUCH! Don't do that! Funny about the power tools though. It is a good thing you don't do that in reverse!

@Ratkity you can use a cutting board on a ironing board if you've got one. Those come in handy for lots of things! Now, close your eyes and imagine what form you think that fabric should really take... It sang to you when you bought it, go from there. Pillows maybe?

Ditto on the ouch, V!!

My Dad put instructions on the ironing board when I moved to this house because he knows how much I hate ironing. I didn't see them until a couple weeks later when I found a home for the ironing board (note: didn't use it). It was a good laugh. Dad was wondering when I was going to find them. He's sneaky about leaving jokes around and not saying a word!!
  • Options
    @Ratkity, Soooo, You come by all this honestly after all!  =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Ratkity, a metal adjustable ironing board makes a good outfeed table for a table saw....but my younger sister needed an ironing board, so I gave mine to her. Yes, I bought a real adjustable outfeed table in its place. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options

ericnliz said:

@Ratkity, Soooo, You come by all this honestly after all!  =)

Verna said:

@Ratkity, a metal adjustable ironing board makes a good outfeed table for a table saw....but my younger sister needed an ironing board, so I gave mine to her. Yes, I bought a real adjustable outfeed table in its place. 

I think mine is metal. I had a wooden one once. @ericnliz, DNA! It's not just for breakfast anymore. :wink:
  • Options
    @Ratkity, I'm thinkin' you're more in the 3 "squares" meal category!  ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

ericnliz said:

@Ratkity, I'm thinkin' you're more in the 3 "squares" meal category!  ;)

Wait, wait... Wha? Coffee, chocolate and crunchy cookie squares? Did I mention Dad got me 5 lbs of chocolate covered Kona beans for Xmas? Covers two of the food groups! I think I still have 3 lbs left in the frig.

In truth, I eat anything that's highly preserved with a shelf life of 20 yrs, artificially colored and flavored and is NOT green (think Twinkies.. no marshmallow peeps). I don't even eat green candy (except M&Ms). Not fond of yellow either...hehe. I eat mostly nuts and dairy. Not by conviction, but mostly convenience. As long as I hit most of the vitamins and get protein, all is well. Drives my mother and regular doctor nuts. Mah easy-going camping folks almost never make healthy stuff for pot lucks. My aversion to green is well-known and green cake icing shows up periodically. The cake is a lie... it's the icing! There's a handful of green things I eat (always some yummy exceptions). 
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    So I guess you're not a fan of kale? And here am I, trying to figure out how to make our kale smoothies on the road in a couple of weeks.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    @Ratkity and @Twojgrams I love most green veggies as long as they're not cooked or smoothies, except for green beans that are best cooked from fresh with a bit of ham in them!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @Verna, Green beans with bacon, I pick BACON!
    Ha, It's funny you folks are having this discussion! Liz won't touch any of the "A" letter veggies. Artichokes, Avocados, Asparagus, you name it. I love all the above, and seldom have a chance to eat 'em! Yep, @Ratkity, all GREEN! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Yep, ericnliz, I have yet to find a dish not improved immensely by DH's home cured bacon. It has the added benefit of being sliced as thick as we want it.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    @ericnliz, tell Liz that I'm like her with the A's, but I do like fresh asparagus on a salad. There's no sense in me buying a bunch though because I don't eat it quickly enough to finish it before it's limp and lost it's good flavor. But, I still remember my Mother and my brother eating asparagus straight out of the metal cans, slimey and yucky!  Yuck !!!!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options

Twojgrams said:

Yep, ericnliz, I have yet to find a dish not improved immensely by DH's home cured bacon. It has the added benefit of being sliced as thick as we want it.

Home-cured baccccccconnnnn..... *dr00l* Friend of mine raises pigs and makes it. She also gives me some great fresh eggs. Sometimes they're even green! Not the insides though, just the shell. Good thing I don't eat the shells. Note that I am totally ignoring the smoothie with that *stuff* @Twojgrams mentioned. I think I should switch back to focusing on that home-cured bacon, covered in brown sugar with a sprinkle of salt and baked in the oven... *sigh, wipes dr00l*
This discussion has been closed.