No title just idle chit chat

Comments

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited April 2017
    @Verna, Do 'ya REALLY think he needs encouragement? Shoulda' known though, you admin's have to stick together, I "GET" it! ;) And, yes, I'm still chuckling!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

edited April 2017
    @Dalehelman, See what 'ya started? Now 'ya even got the "staff" involved. ( Although it is good to see their sense of humor comin' out too!) :)
    Speakin' of "staff", @Cyclonic, Nathan, I thought you'd be "all over" this one! :D
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

@Newfisher, Was the 46 KiT red, pulled by a red '46 Chevy P/U? If so, I bought my side tent, and cover from that guy. He and his wife now have a T@B CS-S white with red trim! 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861

ericnliz said:

@Michigan_Mike, Good one! 'Ya got me on that one. I'm just glad I was following the "Forum Reading Rules", or I'd have a BIG mess to clean up! Nice "hack" job on the label too! ;) Laughed so hard, I even "bookmarked" that one!
    Funny that you posted that as I was thinkin' (I know, "danger zone") about trying the regular Magic Eraser for the bird poo scenario on the other post.  =)

Good point and after I posted it up I also thought it might work on the bird doo issue.....  Hey, it does an excellent job on hi-jacked posts, why wouldn't it be equally as effective on bird poo?   hystericalgif

popcorngif

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    edited April 2017
    Are 'ya sayin' close "in kind" categories? That was my thought. :D 
    Glad I'm still stickin' to my reading rules.  B)
    At this rate, 'ya might consider giving this post it's own "Category". 
    Ha! Yet another good chuckle, and I totally missed that @Dalehelman posted this under "Tips and Tricks"! LOL  =) Good one Dale!
    Spokane, Wa.

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @ericnliz I remember (way back when) in elementary school we would slide our metal lunch boxes down the long cement walkway like we were bowling. And Mom always wondered how I broke so many thermos glass innards...  ;)

Looks like you've got good egg hunting and BBQ weather today, too! Sunny and spring like (but frosty) at our end of town this morning.

Happy Easter everyone!

Oh, and Eric I'm glad we didn't try to driveway camp last night. Woke up at 3am with a bull horn telling someone they are a suspect and are under arrest, complete with flashing red and blue lights. The officer repeated his statement about 3:20am, and turned his lights off and left about 3:50am. Luckily for us the dogs stayed asleep throughout the whole thing, whatever it was. Only the second time in 14 1/2 years here we've had that kind of activity. Geesh!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I had one of them "close encounters" too when I stayed at the KOA a few years back in Sheridan, Wyoming.   We got back to our site and there was a young couple staying in one of the small cabins who'd been drinking and were now outside arguing very loudly, the expletives were flying and the cops showed up.  They cuffed the woman and got her calmed down to a point she was eventually released after agreeing to sober up and get along, or they'd haul her off to jail.

Other than a few smokey campsites and drunken campers all of our camping adventures has been trouble free and fun.   Glad you were inside your home!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    @Homebodyatheart, Are you sure they weren't at YOUR house? 'Ya been shootin' out the LED street lights again? :D Never did any sidewalk bowling with mine. ('Ya little scamp!) ;)
    Had the BBQ and egg hunt yesterday. Had 12 (little) kids, and 20 folks total. Put a ham on the Pit Barrel, and had "pot luck", so had plenty of good food. Lots of fun, sunny off & on, little sprinkle, maybe 15 minutes, not bad. 
    Liz has to work today until late, so might just grab a rib eye out of the freezer to cook on the Weber for later. Hmmmm, might just go with the old "stand by" steak & bake! ;)  IT'S FINALLY BBQ WEATHER!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEE!

Everybody have a safe Happy Easter! 

Spokane, Wa.

edited April 2017
    This seems like a good place  :) to throw this one out....been pondering this one for a while now :D=):o
    Has anyone, or does anyone know of a place where (keep 'em local to your area folks) LOTS of T@Bs could park in a kinda like the old "wagon train" camp in a circle? Not only would it be fun, but would keep the Indian....er....Zombies at bay. T@Bs parked on the inside, TVs on the outside ( Quick escape & ice & beverage runs)
    Thoughts, comments?????
    Spokane, Wa.

Do 'ya REALLY need to ask what's in my morning coffee? :D
    Spokane, Wa.

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yes, @ericnliz, you can do that at Quartzsite, AZ, and there are groups of campers who do that. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    edited April 2017
    Thanks @Verna, but that's a long walk from here! ;)
    Also too far for local help to see my "smoke signal' 'cause I'm usually outa' cell range! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    4 bars of LTE signal!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    edited April 2017
    Eric, I think defining 'local' will help. You're asking about Eastern Washington state, correct? Quartzite is local for Verna this time of year.  :)

Also, that explains why we didn't see Liz yesterday when we popped in to dispose of some cash at her work! Glad it all went well!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    Ok, LOCAL!  And yes, within a couple hundred miles of Spokane, or what others would deem local to them as well.
    Yep, The annual (10th year now!) Saturday before Easter Egg Hunt is her gig, I'm responsible for BBQ, set up for as many that attend, clean up, and tear-down.
    Spokane, Wa.

So, I'm thinking about renaming the T@B Ladybug, or Bug for short. She will always be my esc@pe pod(her nickname), but it just feels right. Besides, l@dybugs are cool!
  • NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105
    edited April 2017
    @ericnliz If I remeber he pulled a tear with an older 60s Chevy. The Dam Tears gatherings, and a few Norcal spots is where I had met him. I was pulling ours with a 55 Chevy wagon and then a 50 Suburban. Sold the KIT and lost track of the forum. Dale was a wealth of info. Hope to sneak the T@B into a gathering or two. Great people and you cant go wrong with 150 teardrops!
    We just got back home from the first weekend in the Outback. Much bigger than a tear, toilet and shower are a plus over the 2010 model we just sold and its so much easier to tug around than the 21' 1960 Avion. It feels like it weighs nothing compared to the shiney pig.
    @Newfisher, Probably not the same guy I'm thinkin' about, but thanks for the reply. These folks (the ones I referred to have lived in this area for quite awhile, since I know the property they live on was a pass-down from one generation to the next, but 'ya never know, right?) 
    Sounds like 'ya had fun in your Outback & welcome aboard!
    Spokane, Wa.

Good morning T@B N@TION! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

edited April 2017
    @Michigan_Mike, REALLY, I am trying to dodge the Magic Eraser. I've got two cohorts that keep followin' me around..... :|
    Gotta love 'em though, they keep me on my toes! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105

Just a random post:

Discovered 2 things with the new trailer

At 36 degrees with 2 105 lb dogs, sleeping bag and a fleece cover the Alde system isnt needed.

When the drivers front corner is jack knifed over the sewer station port a hose isnt needed.

• DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409

Newfisher said:

Just a random post:

At 36 degrees with 2 105 lb dogs, sleeping bag and a fleece cover the Alde system isnt needed.

When the drivers front corner is jack knifed over the sewer station port a hose isnt needed.

IMHO not using a hose when dumping is a breach of camping  etiquette.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389

Newfisher said:

Just a random post:

IMHO not using a hose when dumping is a breach of camping  etiquette.

It can also earn you a hefty fine. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

And a bunch of angry fellow campers! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    And I bet more than just a tiny tap of a special "wand" if V is present!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    edited April 2017
    Yup, should be an "umlaut". Let me know where 'ya find one on 'yer keyboard, or show me how to rotate this one..: Should be like moo, the cow kind! ;)
    @Ratkity, Verna would probably give 'em the full tilt....ZAP, ZAP & one more for good measure...ZAP! :D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Mariner459Mariner459 Member Posts: 146
    How are you pronouncing it?
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    On an iPad hold down on the u until it shows the umlaut. NüCamp! While maintaining the pressure on the u, slide your finger to the umlaut.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

@Mariner459, Like new.
    Spokane, Wa.

This discussion has been closed.