Options

Keder Rail Question...

marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
edited October 2017 in Products and Accessories
Hi T@B peeps... I have a 2017T@B S with the Keder rail on both sides, but found a few weeks ago that even though I have a Keder rail on the backside I couldn't install it.  I couldn't find the openings like they have on the doorside.  Is this the case with everyone?  How do I correct?  Do I get a pair of plyers and make an opening... or am I missing something?  Thanks!
M@rilyn
Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
But still passionate about the brand!

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @marilyncp, I recall someone, I'm thinkin' @Pop-T@B, used a pair of welding pliers to "widen" the keder rail on the passenger side to obtain an opening for the installation of an awning on that side. Might want to go to the search box, & type in keder rail, and look through the postings. Hope this helps you.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @ericnliz I did try doing a search, but I'll continue to scroll thru the pages.... thanks!
    M@rilyn

• Options
    edited September 2021
    @ericnliz Found it by searcing on 'welding'.  Thanks for the recommendation. 

For anyone looking for the same answer... http://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/64150#Comment_64150

M@rilyn

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    marilyncp said:
    I couldn't find the openings like they have on the doorside.  Is this the case with everyone?  How do I correct?  Do I get a pair of plyers and make an opening... or am I missing something?  Thanks!
    ericnliz is correct, POP-T@B used a set of welding style pliers to create an opening in the Keder rail on the drivers side of the trailer.  he helped me with mine while we were at Tearstock in Ohio last year and you can do the same with a pair of standard pliers if you take your time and do this task slowly and methodically.   The opening needed is roughly the length of a standard business or credit card.  Mark these distances off where you so desire on your Keder rail and with a set of pliers, bend the Keder rail lip up in small increments to the size designated.   Good luck!

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    @Michigan_Mike Thanks... I'll try my handy, heavy duty pliers first and if that fails, buy an 18-pack for my neighbor.  LOL!!  =)
    M@rilyn

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Excellent!  It won't take much to bend the rail up as it is a thin aluminum and bends easily.  If you take your time and use the pre-bent rail along the passenger as a reference point, you won't know the difference between either!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    RedDoorGalsRedDoorGals Member Posts: 23
    Does anyone know if nuCamp sells the small "tabs" that fit into the kedder rail system? The things that allow the eyebrow tie-downs to be "attached" to lower kedder rail (sorry I don't have a photo).

2018 T@B CS-S; pulled by a 2010 Toyota Tacoma v6
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Pahaque would.  They are the manufacturers of the visors/tie-downs.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Try the Teardrop Shop.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 927
    RedDoorGals

I have used "sail slugs" in the keder rail for anchor points.  This is one style:

Internal Slug Slides with Stainless Steel Bail

http://www.downwindmarine.com/Internal-Slug-Slides-with-Stainless-Steel-Bail-p-90891452.html

Camping World sells these "Nylon Camper Tabs" that would also work.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/nylon-camper-tab/17983

• Options
    AmazonicaAmazonica Member Posts: 151
    edited February 2020
    Does anyone know if the Keder Rail is the same size on 320s and 400s please? I can't find definite info. 
    2020 T@B 400 BD w/Solar, Microwave and Closet
    Towed by 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L Hemi 4x4 Crew Cab
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Amazonica, email tech@nucamprv.com. He will have the correct answer. Please report what his answer is on the forum. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Amazonica said:
    Does anyone know if the Keder Rail is the same size on 320s and 400s please? I can't find definite info. 
    @Verna said it was the same on your other thread, and she would definitely know, as she’s had both the 320 & 400, plus is in regular contact with nuCamp. 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Ok, thank you. I didn't know she had both.  :)
  • Options
    I’ve had a 2006 4x8 Teardrop, 2011 5x10 Silver Shadow Teardrop, a 2014 T@B S Max and now a 2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite. I have been an Administrator on these forums since 2013. I can honestly say that I have read 98% of all of the discussios on this forum and I’m trying to catchup on the T@G forum after taking a vacation from it. 

I’m a solo traveler, have spent the last 5 winters boondocking or dispersed camping in Southern AZ for 4 to 6 months. I lived in my 400 for 18 months until I found my dream home. I still intend to travel, but I haven’t decided if I will continue chasing warmth in the winter.  

I perform most of the mods on my Campers, but I do have Austin and his team help by performing the larger ones for me. And I have to give @DaleHelman credit for performing some of his most ingenious mods!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Thank you @Verna. I appreciate your knowledge, experience, and time. I learn great things every time I log on.  :) Dalehelman is an inspiration as well. Just wish they had a 400 so there’d be no doubt his ingenious mods would work on mine. 
  • Options
    @Amazonica, @Dalehelman can perform the mod to the tongue jack so that you can use a cordless drill instead of winding and winding the handle. (Of course you do need to meet him somewhere.) Take a look at the Modifications and Upgrades category to see what others have come up with. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 344
    marilyncp said:
    I couldn't find the openings like they have on the doorside.  Is this the case with everyone?  How do I correct?  Do I get a pair of plyers and make an opening... or am I missing something?  Thanks!
    ericnliz is correct, POP-T@B used a set of welding style pliers to create an opening in the Keder rail on the drivers side of the trailer.  he helped me with mine while we were at Tearstock in Ohio last year and you can do the same with a pair of standard pliers if you take your time and do this task slowly and methodically.   The opening needed is roughly the length of a standard business or credit card.  Mark these distances off where you so desire on your Keder rail and with a set of pliers, bend the Keder rail lip up in small increments to the size designated.   Good luck!

Finally got around to doing this myself and wanted to share that the rail does bend really easily- I, as apparently many of you, worried I would ruin the rail somehow. Not sure it was necessary, but I just pressed the top edge in place with my fingers while bending out the bottom part. This is the vice grip that matches the factory width: 

IRWIN VISE-GRIP Original Locking Pliers/Sheet Metal Tool, 8-Inch (23)

Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT