Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Wow!  That’s talent!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Wow double wow WillamA!  That is cool...  Very nice work indeed!
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited November 2018
    From the sublime China to my idea for a grab handle for our T@B https://i.gifer.com/7dRe.gif
    (obviously haven’t figured out to post a gif just yet😳)
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Resurrecting this fine discussion thread....

With NuCamp having a camper giveaway, I have a question.  The contest ends Feb. 15.  Now understand that my wife faithfully fills out the contest form every day, thus increasing our chances to win.  So.....  when we win this new 2019 camper, do I turn around and sell it, or keep it and sell my older 2016 with its many fine mods and adjustments.  Helpful comments about this worrying concern will be appreciated. I've been tossing and turning each night about this....  Also, don't spread this contest offer around, I don't want any entries but mine....
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    New for sure! You could transfer the platform and spare tire holder-not sure what else you have. I have just one entry...
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    Hahaha Terry. I too toss and turn every night, I am going to sell it when I win. Our order will be coming in around that same time and no reason to double up.
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Folks, please do not waste one more minute worrying about what to do...because I am going to win it!  =) 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @Dalehelman I shoveled the front walk. More snow, more shoveling, and it’s (GASP!) snowing again now. They’re saying 3” give or take tonight. This pic was yesterday. Today’s was deeper, up past the bottom step! I think we had 8” overnight last night. Good thing I enjoy shoveling snow! :rofl:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    What is this “white snow” you speak of?  😎
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Verna, That's as apposed to the yellow snow variety! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @Verna... today’s advice from snow country: 

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options

Ahhhh, I prefer this “tan snow” with green spiky growths ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    But @Verna  does the smell of mesquite overwhelm the smell of coffee in the morning? That would be a bad thing.

• Options
    I don’t drink coffee, coffee drinkers don’t want a non-coffee drinker fixing their coffee, and I can smell next to nothing as I’m getting over a nasty cold.  But, I’ve never noticed an aroma from the mesquite tree in my yard....it must only be noticed when the wood is burning.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    But what about the snakes..?   I’ve heard that they are everywhere and they bite.  Hard!  And the scorpions...  And the Gila monsters...  And the heat, blistering heat that peels the skin from your body...  No lakes...  No green things...  No birds...  Vultures probably though... Circling overhead around your 400...  And worst all...  Sand in your shoes...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @Verna, what’s that glow in the sky?  Could it be something called sunshine?  @Terry I’ll take scorpions, vultures, sand and heat and trade you for all this cold, wet white stuff.  Not too much green right now.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    TerryV6 said:
    But what about the snakes..?   I’ve heard that they are everywhere and they bite.  Hard!  And the scorpions...  And the Gila monsters...  And the heat, blistering heat that peels the skin from your body...  No lakes...  No green things...  No birds...  Vultures probably though... Circling overhead around your 400...  And worst all...  Sand in your shoes...
    @TerryV6, the snakes are hibernating until late March, early April, along with the scorpions (they don’t get into my camper!), Gila Monsters are in hibernation, too. Heat.....not this winter. I’ve only been in shorts two days, but changed for the evenings into jeans, there are lakes—look at the maps around Phoenix, there are lots of green plants and cacti, especially this year with all the rain, I have lots of hummingbirds at my two feeders, lots of doves around here, along with Gila Woodpeckers, no vultures, but be careful of the Harris Hawks and my little Sunny Day puppy!.  If ya keep your shoes on, there’s no sand in your shoes!  Dust on the outside of your shoes is easily removed with a damp rag ;). To me, it’s a wonderful oasis in the winter.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    That picture looks like my back yard.  We live about 2 miles from Saguaro National Park East, Tucson AZ.
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    @klenger, this is pretty much in my “back yard” of my winter campsite some miles north of Organ Pipe National Monument. A bit more than a couple of hours away by way of the roads. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @klenger I LOVE your signature line! Truer words were never uttered by Tab owners, at least not this one! :rofl:
  • Options
    Here's your daily laugh...Gotta love bulk mailings from your RV dealer, even though it was hand signed, except it didn't look like his signature. Anyway, it's a very nice letter thanking me for being a loyal customer and how I've had Ladybug two years now, etc, etc. and I must be thinking about upgrading to a different trailer, etc. and they are there to assist in any way they can. That's the point where the phrase "OVER MY DEAD BODY!" came to mind! Geesh! He knows i'm still head over heels crazy about my Tab 320S. Bulk mailings...sigh... :rofl:
  • Options
    @Verna:  We spent an Easter weekend at Organ Pipe.  Nice place.  We had lunch on Saturday at the restaurant in Lukeville AZ (border crossing) and took pictures under the border sign.  The next day there was a shootout there between the border patrol and some bad guys.  
  • Options
    To me, it’s a wonderful oasis in the winter.”  No doubt, and Im very happy that you are happy.  You’ve been to a lot of places and must have wonderful tales to tell.  Perhaps you would share some around a campfire... 
    I never miss an opportunity for humor though.  One good way to fight the bad times...

Sooooo.... I hear there is a giant hole in that state that a person could fall into...😳
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Thank you, @TerryV6, yes, it is so much easier to look at the bright side, as you do, also. I love to share experiences—see you in June. 

@klenger, yes, that is the reality of being around here. Things happen and sometimes you hear about them and sometimes you don’t. I just try to stay aware of my surroundings, and know that I sure am warmer here than at home—especially this year!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Ditto what @ericnliz said!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Double ditto!

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    Ditto the double ditto! :)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @Verna:  I hope I didn't come across as alarming, because I was not personally concerned about my safety.  Just one of those memorable events in my life.