Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,411
    edited September 2018
    Camping last week, but this week it's keeping busy with my own money pit. It's comin' you know (though I can't quite get myself to write the actual word)!
    2015 T@B S

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Must be the "W" one..... :s
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Ok, @ScottG and @ericnliz... it’s the ‘S’ word, isn’t it?  B) As for me, I’m putting away clean stuff from last week’s camping, while packing for this week’s camping with the gals. Somewhere in between I have to work, get ahead, and make it look seamless at work. I love my job, but I love camping better! :rofl:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    W. S. Take your pick! There's still Columbus Day weekend for a final farewell to the season, though!
    2015 T@B S

I finally joined “the club!” The trailer bounces less when towing which is nice! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    We’ve been busy.  Not camping exactly, but using Tabby.  I visited my sister this weekend and since she has six pets and I’m allergic, we camped in her driveway.  Tuesday we head to Lake Elmo, just inside Minnesota, so we can help relatives  with all the things olderfolks need help with.  ( I keep erasing black marks in the big book.)
     I put in the wire shelf Dale detailed, and it is a significant difference.  Any clutter off the floor is welcome.  I still have to put on his scissor lift mod..  Maybe next weekend.  Hope you are doing well Eric, and everyone else...

Two people, working on a puzzle, started jumping up and down.  Someone asked why the excitement.  Well one said, “ The box says 2-4 years, and we did it in a week...
    (small grin)
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited September 2018
    ^^^^ :clap:

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    @TerryV6, Doing quite well, and thanks for asking. I have the same wire shelf, and use it a lot. Really adds to storage space, and easy to get to.
    Glad to hear you didn't take the 2-4 years thing seriously, you'd have to lose at LEAST one piece for that one! :rofl:
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

Nothing to get too serious about at the moment... After all the rain we got, the skeeters are out in droves... wow!

I was addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.  And, of course that's what it's all about..

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    TerryV6 sounds good!

I have a weird question and forget to ask Dale, is there any issue sitting back there with that shelf mod? Anyone bumping their heads on this getting out of bed? I’ve seen people putting another row of cabinet in the same place lately too. Our custom order is moving along and we will meet hopefully with Austin in October to talk about after factory mods that will be done before it ships. I wondered about asking if he could do the additional cabinet but worried about clearance. Thank you! And just FYI, this is my favorite section of the forum.

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

@ColleenD2, I can answer that question for you, as I am taller than Dale. Does not effect me at all, and believe me, I asked the same question & sat in Dale's trailer to make SURE there was enough clearance before I put the shelf in. I've hit my head on the cabinets WAY more than the shelf! :fearful:
    Spokane, Wa.

ericnliz, thanks. So you are saying at 5’4” I am probably good but if I hit a growth spurt at age 52, I might be in trouble? And the husband is 5’10 1/2 (but he says 5’11) and he is the tiniest in height in his family of 7 boys. I think this is going to be a nice addition.

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,484
    @shawnevansagency, glad you are enjoying the TaB.  No regrets here, either!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    @ColleenD2, Yep, gotta watch those growth spurts! You'll love the shelf, I've got some bungie cords I use during travel to minimize the flying object syndrome though. First time out, everything ended up on the bed.

Spokane, Wa.

I went with the shelf and have to say we love it.  At night there is much less clutter.
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

Im 5-9 and much better looking than this photo, but i fit.  And, you can slant the shelf on more of an angle than this...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @TerryV6, yes, much better looking than the photo. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    @TerryV6, too funny!  Kinda looks like a gym advertisement with that T-shirt - pumping iron!
    The shirt is part of the process.  Next one is actually going to the gym..
    Right now I am watching tv in the camper in the pouring rain at a Minn. Campsite.. But I am dry...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

Good for you @TerryV6.  We had an unexpected storm the other night.  The lightening flashing in the distance woke me up at 3:30 am.  I disconnected from ac and not long after we had a half hour deluge.  Yuck.  But, other than splashing mud, we can away unscathed.  Beautiful time of year to camp.
    My brother and i have a catch phrase for when the conversation goes toward difficult ie political/religious topics.  "It is a great day for camping!" 
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

TerryV6 you are cute as a button! Thank you. 

@TerryV6, Yup, great day for camping followed by "Well, bless your heart." ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

Well, I winterized Ladybug Saturday. Only two calls to @ericnliz were needed to confirm I was doing the right things. Thanks Eric! I still hope to get another short trip or two in before the season changes again, and I’m fine with dry camping. Fingers crossed! 
    @Homebodyatheart, You're more than welcome...you're a pro now! So, you're gonna camp like 'ya did when you forgot to turn the pedestal switch on, right? =);)  
    Spokane, Wa.

@ericnliz darn right I am! My maiden voyage goof proved to me that I can do it very comfortably! A blessing in disguise. And, I’ve now got solar if needed, too! 😄
    HEY... Where's the magic wand lady lately? @Verna, you out there???? Hope everything is well, just checkin' since I haven't seen you on here lately. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

edited October 2018
    Hey Eric, I'm not sure exactly what Verna's up to at the moment, but my magic pixie stick tells me she's still watching, so yous better keep behaving!  ;-)
    Like General MacArthur, she shall return...
    2015 T@B S

@ScottG, Behaving just simply is not in my constitutional make up.....although I DO try. :D
    Spokane, Wa.