Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Ah! The first posts when @ericnliz arrived.... he didn't know we were a bunch of nutcases on the loose! How many coffee sprays? He's not telling, but he did get me back more than a few times (I stopped counting). 

Just remember, no one ever lets an opportunity go by to (micro) hijack a post. Just think, we used to be worse!!!! Hard to imagine. Poor Verna, I think she went through a few magic wands before we started flinching and thinking a LITTLE bit before we typed decaffeinated in the morning. Then more T@B and T@Blette (T@Gs) people came by. w00h0000! It was fun watching the magic wand zaps fly... oh wait... I think that was still against the Left Coasters and Some of us Right Coasters. Oh well! :lol: All in great fun!

Now that @ericnliz has a German Shepherd pup a few months younger than my Popper, I can warn him about the um, interesting things that could/may happen soon or sooner than later! 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Yes, we haven't heard any recent stories about that new pup.... 
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Continuing the idle chit chat...  We were invited to a family camping experience.  We had some trouble getting there...

Darn Gps... Guess I’ll have to reinstall the maps...  Finally made it there, but we were the smallest, and it was “trailer campground” .  Still we had a good weekend...

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @TerryV6, You don't have to be the biggest to be the best! ;)=)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Popper, the WonderDog, will be picked up from the trainer's on Thursday. We just couldn't coordinate our schedules this past weekend. I'm sure he's going to miss his two buddies (HUUUUmongous police dogs) and the hustle and bustle of a family with 3 kids. I think I might have to re-introduce myself to the young pup!! He's been working hard and is even lankier than before (all legs, knees and elbows). No worries, Mama will fatten him up a bit. 

Now... someone else hasn't given any stories about a younger GSD that may or may not be going through some, um, counter-surfing-pizza-stealing-food-snatching phases. :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Ratkity, :|  Ahem.....Would that make ME the guilty party?? Ruger is doing fine..with the exception of he wants to get attention with his paws now, so we're working on that one. Hang on...BRB, he wants outside...NOW! I don't mind too much, but the little kids don't like it, so I'm workin' on breakin' THAT habit. The neighbor harvested an elk for his family & presented Ruger with a leg bone..one happy puppy! I have to limit his time chewin' on it though, too much of a good thing is NOT good for puppy digestive systems. :o:s He's responding to commands a lot better this past week, guess we'll see how that works out when he hits his "tween" age.
    He KNOWS what is on tables is DAD'S..not his. Other then sneakin' a dog cookie off the outside table that a neighbor brought to him, he's doing quite well. I can't say I blame him, he left it sittin' right on the edge in easy reach, and then looked at him like...'Ya got more?"
    Every once in a while when I let him in the house he goes through what I call "crazy man" stage & starts rippin' through the house like it's a race track. He now knows THAT'S not acceptable as well.
    Every one that has known him since he first came is amazed at how much progress he's making as far as "manners" go. Getting to be quite the handsome feller if I do say so myself. He's up to about 60 lbs now & still growin'! He's gonna have to find a job to buy dog food if he keeps this up! I've weaned him off puppy food & he's eatin' the big dog stuff now. I started him out by mixin' the two together so it wouldn't affect him so much.
    There's yer update & will keep you posted with his progress from time to time. Give Popper a good proper belly rub from us! ;):)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Ratkity, Almost forgot to mention: We're having to limit our "outside" time because of the smoke & air quality. It's the worst in the nation right now. Looks like you're looking through a thick fog, even just looking across the street. 10-15 minutes is about ALL my asthma will take at a time, not to mention how badly it burns your eyes as well. :s
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HEY, I can actually see BLUE sky today!!!! YIPEE! :joy:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 584
    Lucky you Eric! Smoke is real thick and low here. With fires all around, wind direction makes no difference. At least it's cooler. Another mostly inside day. But that's ok as my new visor from @jkjenn's Mom arrived yesterday so I'll practice putting it on (trailer is in garage). Picture to follow. It's SO cute!
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    @dsfdogs, The smoke was HORRIBLE here yesterday & the day before. No wind, so it was low here as well. Today it's not so bad, but I had to go downtown & it's still pretty thick there. WHoooo, Whooo, new visor! Now you'll have it made in the shade! ;)B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    Nightly news here in Dallas / Ft. Worth yesterday were talking about a stream of smoke from the NW that had made its way to North Texas yesterday.  Nothing like the levels y'all (that's Texan) have to put up with, but enough to caution folks with breathing difficulties regarding the fine particulate irritants.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @dsfdogs - Adorable!!!!  Thanks for sharing!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @dsfdogs, Lookin' good! I KNOW you probably already have a matchin' table cloth....right? :|
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 584
    edited August 2018
    @ericnliz I not only have a red check tablecloth, I have a red check flannel shirt like the visor! And red check pillows. My outdoor rug has black paw prints though. =)
    ps. I thought about the matching spare tire cover but thought that might be too much!  B)
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @dsfdogs You’re the only person I’ve encountered who wears red and white checked camouflage!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    @dsfdogs, 'ya might as well go for it....you're in this deep already! If you park at a BIG picnic get-together, they'll have to find you in all that checkerflage! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    Cute!! I can’t wait to order from her!
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    We bought one.  Very high quality and a large selection of colors.  Any questions are answered quickly.  And, she is a great lady!
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    :joy:, It's raining!!!!!! Yipee! Finally getting some of the smoke out of here! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Oh, and the fun NEVER stops, or gets boring around here. Last night when it started raining, I went to put the window up in my screen door for my sun room.....BAM! One of the pot-metal hinges broke & now I can't raise it at all because it broke part of the window frame when it cut loose! Oh, well, I was going to change that door out anyway...just NOT this soon! :o:s;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @ericnliz, aluminum door?  The removable screen in our door warped when we removed it for cleaning.  It’s always something with our money pits!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM, Yep, aluminum door. Just another day in the life.... ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Been kinda quiet around here lately.... Everyone ok out there? :|Happy Labor Day weekend. If you're out & about, safe travels & have fun! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Well @ericnliz, if they’re smart, they’re all out CAMPING! And you know what that says about usn’s.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    @jgram2, had to chuckle at that one...my neighbor calls my back yard "The campground at the edge of town"! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    So... @ericnliz the party’s at your “site?” :rofl:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Sure, bring the prime rib & I'll fire up the Pit Barrel! B):D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    (Mumbles to self, wanders off to find a sale on prime rib. And an investor... =))
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Been kinda quiet on here lately... :s:| Here's to hoping everyone is out havin' fun, and having safe journeys no matter where you may go! :)
    Spokane, Wa.