Options

sewer hose kit

suggestions on what sewer hose kit to buy..
length, fittings adapters, 
I have only slight knowledge of what to purchase
thanks

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited June 2018
    @Papa, when I started out on the forum, the biggest help was the search field! I still need it as I’m a slow learner even though I’ve got 300+ saved threads (tap the star to the right side of the thread title and it turns yellow, indicating it’s a favorite) . I searched on sewer hose kit and this one may help you although there were many returns, >1 are relevant to your. Admittedly, the search function is not perfect.
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6329/sewer-hose-opinions
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @Papa, Rhinoflex are popular and reliable.  You want 20 feet.  We store ours in the mounted Valterra 64 inch sewer tube holder.  Not sure if that will hold a 20 foot tube though, so we have a 15 foot hose stored in the Valterra and a 5 foot extension (that we have used) stored in the TV box.  You may want to buy an extra sewer hole “donut” but I have found that the one attached to the Rhinoflex works.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PapaPapa Member Posts: 27
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Papa, Rhinoflex also. 20 feet, as above. Extra 15 feet (so far unused) kept in the t@b. The 20' section we use regularly, plus accessories,  is kept in the tongue storage modification.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I've needed just a little extra than 20'. I hated to pull out the extra 15' hose, but had no choice. The turn into the dump station and the angle just did not allow me to get the hose to reach it. How do those big rigs do it???? This has happened to me at more than one location. And the size of the dump holes and da unattached covers!! Don't get me started... lol.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    It depends on your usage. 

Personally, I never camp with a sewer hook up where I am camped.  Thus, I don't need one of them fancy adapters, or 20ft of hose.  I only need a <10ft hose to use at the dump station. 

I actually bought one of the adapters, because the guy at the dealer said it was required.  I've never used it, thus I am re-selling it to get some of my $ back. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Ya know... thinking about it. I haven't changed out my dump hoses in over 3 years (I don't use full hookups). While they aren't the cheapest of the cheap, they are sorta middle-of-the-road quality. Maybe 3 years is middle-of-the-road life span!! I saw the rhinoflex at the time and passed until I had enough reviews. Now that I have gotten waaaaay more than enough reviews, I kept using the mid-price hoses until they decided that was enough yanking and pulling (and rinsing and disinfecting!). 

Thinking about the rhinos. This is what happens when you can't camp and have a bum foot with an empty credit card and an Amazon Prime acct (most people would sit back and read.... pfffft).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I have always used a 15' Rhinoflex and am very happy with it. I have the donut and have needed it, many times to prevent a sloppy dump and because many dump stations I have used have required it. I do wish dump stations came with a strap to hold the hose in place, though, lol.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    ~50% of the dump sites we’ve used had a rock to hold the hose in place, big enough to hold it but small enough to lift it and not smoosh the hose. Of course we use gloves when touching it.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    I got through three-plus seasons with the cheap "slinky" type hose that came with the trailer. I think it might have been 10' if ya' really stretched it. It was a little awkward but the point is it worked for getting the tanks empty.

That said, my new 15' Rhinoflex and front-mounted carrier are a significant improvement in terms of convenience and cleanliness.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Just a tidbit of info......in the RV world, a “donut” is a black rubberized circle that is coated with something to make it hold the tapered end of your sewer hose in the sewer “hole”, which in turn, keeps the sewer gases from escaping the connection.

I found this out when I camped in an RV park that required the donut. They kept a supply for sale in the office for those without. They cost between $5 to $7 and I keep mine in the snap closure tote of small miscellaneous sewer connectors. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”