Options

T@B Sighting

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,434
    edited August 2018
    Well, @Dereco, I wish it had been me...

Having visited Newfoundland a few years back, we hope to return someday with the T@B. In preparation, we recently made a "practice" run to Grand Manan.  :-)

On the way back from GM--near the Calais/St. Stephen border--I did score my first look at a 400 and also passed a white with black Outback/Boondock pulling onto a gas station.

I know you left coasters see these things all the time, but they are still pretty rare in the northeast US and Atlantic Canada!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    We were traveling back from the twin cities, without T@bby btw, we were passing Lake Emily, about 10 miles East of Stevens Point Wisconsin (look it up) and on the other side of the road, heading west was a black strippy T@b 400.  Didn't notice the TV.  We have so few T@bs traveling Wisconsin roads.  I was just finishing up a 5 hr drive, starring dully ahead, when I saw it.  Swerving violently, I managed to regain control of my vehicle.  Wow.... was that you driftless?  
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @TerryV6, Steven's Point. Been there done that. Along with Wausau, Madison, Milwaukee, Eau Claire, Cedarville, the Dells, Port Washington, Superior and almost every mile in Door County. I think Wausau is the prettiest city in this country. People in Marathon County once asked me why I thought that region was so beautiful and I replied that where they were from, the residents made cheese and the soil is pink (world famous rose quartz as it breaks down over millennia has turned the dirt deep pink). Where I come from, the people make steel and chemicals and cars, the air is pink and bronze and burns your eyes and lungs. I so enjoy your home state and all its attributes, even though it tries to be a copycat mitten. -Denise
    And now back on topic I've hijacked this thread long enough!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    Saturday, Aug 12, about 8Am or so.  20 miles west of Inyokern on CA  HWY 14, passed a blue T@b with a big "T@B" sticker on the back.........
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Thursday August 9th
    T@B 320xx pulling into I-90 Eastbound rest stop East of Ellensburg, WA

I was already rolling out when spotted you in mirror . . . would have stopped by otherwise considering you had your TV hood open

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Another Washington State T@B

This sharp looking TV - Outback Combination passed me in the HOV lane while I was towing my T@B in the slow lane.
    I was the Red Pickup with Red Trim 320S
  • Options
    Pika1Pika1 Member Posts: 29
    Friday September 7

9:00am passed a white with black trim outback entering Eatonville,WA as I was leaving town. Thanks for a visit, no matter how short, to our small town.
  • Options
    Sunday September 9 at 5:30pm passed a white with red trim outback pulled by a red pickup with two yellow kayaks on top of the canopy. The unit was entering Tenino, WA as we were leaving. Hope the adventure was fun filled.
  • Options
    dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    We past a T@B near the California/Nevada border just outside of Pahrump, NV!
    Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

• Options
    KLAMATH FALLS, OR  10-17-18

Spotted a silver 320S with a Jeep CJ tow vehicle.  KOA on Shasta
    Owner's name Jack . . . he's not a forum member / computer user.

He became very excited when I pulled in, first time he had seen another TB at an overnight location . . . Me Too!

= = = =
    My first KOA stop.  Reminded of the joke; Denny's is the place you eat when you cannot find anything else.  Friendly staff, clean, pricey, and packed in like sardines.
    = = = =
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 589
    @MuttonChops are you headed up 97 by any chance? It would be fun to meet up if you are coming through Bend.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    dsfdogs said:
    @MuttonChops are you headed up 97 by any chance? It would be fun to meet up if you are coming through Bend.
    Not this trip, left north bound US97 for Eugene . . .

• Options
    October 21 about 1:45pm heading south on Hwy161 just south of Graham,WA passed a silver with red trim heading north.  What a great weekend for an outing.
  • Options
    easttntabeasttntab Member Posts: 48

I was heading home after camping for several days in the Pisgah National Forest and was traveling on Highway 70 near Ashville, NC. I saw on oncoming Tab with black trim driven by a lady. I wished we had a chance to say "hi" but we did exchanged a wave. I hope you have safe travels and happy camping. 
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited October 2018
    A T@B heading south on the Blue Ridge Parkway at Julian Price National Park campground honked as we were at the dump station & checking out after a wonderful 4-night stay in the mountains of North Carolina near Boone & Blowing Rock. My wife thought it had black trim.  I was inside pouring water into the sink & toilet for a final flush, so missed it.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    Two T@Bs in one day; Bar Harbor ME, downtown, New Mexico registration and Bass Harbor ME Camp Ground, Boondock Edge, dont know from where  
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    George101George101 Member Posts: 48
    Saw a yellow tab south of Atlanta on I85 heading south on last Thursday or Friday.  We were headed north to Shady Grove Campground on Lake Lanier
  • Options
    It's not a Tab but part of our family of teardrops. I saw a red and black Little Guy Max or Mini max in Townsend Tennessee today. So many visitors in this area this time of year. Its great to see so many people enjoying the outdoors even as the nights and mornings are near freezing. Happy Camping!
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Saw a Blue/Grey T@B 400 in a storage facility off Slaughter Rd, Madison, AL

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    OK.... just saying.... we love T@b sighting while traveling!  Better than Auto Bingo!

Not counting the 8 other T@bs we just camped with, we just spotted our first T@b of the season.  White with red parked in Davenport WA... could see you as we drove by on HWY 2 Sunday afternoon. B)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options

There are 2 T@bs in the Cade Cove Campground in the Smoky Mountains National Park. One is a 400 and the other is a 320 with silver trim. I believe it's TV is a red truck. No one was around either campsite. We had just completed the 11 mile loop in Cades Cove and were heading back home, T@b not with us.  Also saw 1 black bear. 2 T@bs and a bear in one day!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Spotted another T@B in Washington State.  April 24
    First seen as they were turning off US-101 near Forks, then again (picture) at the beach front RV Park in La Push.  Did get a chance to say Hello, their home base - - - Sandpoint, Idaho.

No two T@B picture because I was staying at the Motel this visit.
  • Options
    Just sighted this T@b in Spokane!

Oh wait... that is Sara and @Adam_Hough leaving our house after camping overnight in our driveway!!!  So fun they stopped in on their way home from Yellowstone

• Options
    Spotted one but no picture - - - that count?
    Was riding Dinner Train out of Lewistown MT.  Spotted little guy T@B Sofitel parked in Denton MT while train engine was moved to other end of train for our return ride.
  • Options
    reeddreedd Member Posts: 61
    Saw a white with black trim 320 Boondock towed by a silver 4Runner last weekend at Gallo Campground in Chaco Canyon.  I was camped with a small group attending an astronomy workshop and we were all in tents.  Living close by, I usually go to Chaco 2-3 times a year and usually tent camp.  I’m too chicken to take my T@B.  The road for the last 8 miles or so was worse than the normal bad and I hope the person didn’t have any problems.  
    Deb - 2017 T@B U-basic Outback silver/silver  D@mselfly  
    2001 Toyota Tacoma 4WD New Mexico
  • Options
    Saw a white with red trim heading north on HWY 2 in Spokane (Colbert) about 9AM this morning.  Safe travels and happy T@bventures!!! ;)

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    edited June 2019
    Sunday late morning, June 9, I passed a silver Tab Outback with a paw print decal on the tire cover heading west on Highway 2, down the hill to Orondo. I was the silver and red trim.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    About 2 pm today at the Lowes in Issaquah, my first wild caught Tab! Silver with white, towed by a lady with what looked like a white 4Runner (couldn’t catch up to even wave, though I tried!)
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Heading over Snoqualmie Pass... a shout out to a 400 a long way from home: white with black 400 being towed by a white Jeep.

• Options
    morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    Spotted:  4th of July Weekend- camped on Marshall Lake Rd outside of Flagstaff, AZ.  Saw a 320S Outback, white with black trim I think.  2018?  1/2 mile down the road from where I was camped.  
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite