Ucamp 2019 Rally pictures and discussions

it would be a good idea of centralizing general photos and stories at the rally here.  Yes?
Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
T@bbey  Road   
Appleton,  WI

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Yes.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @Verna can you share a cost for sink replacement? Is it pretty much plug and play?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Treat Sunny Day well now, you hear...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @TerryV6, I’m sharing a bit of ice cream right now......😂
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    @Verna can you share a cost for sink replacement? Is it pretty much plug and play?
    I have not received a bill yet (it was completed late Friday), and I did have other work done also.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    The fold down sink mod costs $572.50 👍🏻
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    @Verna New sink looks great! That Apache pop up made me swoon though, I’ve always had a soft spot for those. And that tow vehicle is a perfect match. 😊
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    @N7SHG_Ham, I didn’t see the second part of your question. The sink is not quite plug and play. They had to drill a 4” hole (I think).  Here’s one “in progress” photo. 

I do not know if the piece of wood was already in place or if it was added fo
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    They were talking on FB about the soggy conditions.  How is it?  Also, it was implied that there were some unhappiness perhaps.  I can't see the T@b community not making the best of it...  Allison sounds stressed maybe?  Since we can't go, DW is busy putting up a different command strip basket up front by the sink for charging devices.  Also, we  are putting on one of those shower door stickers..
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

A quiet Sunday morning at WinklePleck. The grass is either green or washed out from the previous storms (then covered by straw to help with the mud). An overcast skies for the day, and a possibility of afternoon storms on Monday. 

Sunny Day is having fun because there are many dogs her size—she gets to play!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @TerryV6, it is soggy in some places, wet in others, but mostly dry. I

will have to dig two Legos out of the ground Saturday because I read the tip to late from @Dalehelman to be never the Legos right side up in moist ground. Yup, they sink below the ground very quickly.

Allison had to stop changing spots for campers because she ran out of extra sites. There’s only so many sites here, and the extras are gone. There’s no need for anyone to get upset, just “Camp On”. We’re good at making due with what Mother Nature gives it, or we get used to it.  It’s camping and that’s what we camp here to do 😉
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    Looks like the sites are well marked this year, making the initial site location much easier. Seems like each year the nüCamp folks get better at organization and simplification. Kudos to them, and thanks for the pics @Verna.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    Yes, @dragonsdofly Allison did come up with a great way to mark the sites. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Thanks Verna,  Elsie is a wonderful person.  She helped us last year and bore up well with all the demands.  How did you get a buggy ride?
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Verna said:
    . . . will have to dig two Legos out of the ground Saturday because I read the tip to late from @Dalehelman? to be never the Legos right side up in moist ground.
    Please share link (or provide location reference) to that Tip.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Member Posts: 213
    Verna said:
    . . . will have to dig two Legos out of the ground Saturday because I read the tip to late from @Dalehelman? to be never the Legos right side up in moist ground.
    Please share link (or provide location reference) to that Tip.
    I think the idea is that the "legos" leveler blocks that come with some models have a top and bottom and the bottom is great for hard ground but cuts in a bit.. flipping them upside down so that the present more surface area to the ground and do not "cut in" like "cookie cutters" is the tip.

I have two different types of blocks and one type has no "flat area" so I need to put a bit of wood or other on the bottom to prevent this

~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited June 2019
    Thank you @Verna. It's so nice to put a face with 'Elsie'! And what a beautiful looking road!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    TerryV6 said:
    Thanks Verna,  Elsie is a wonderful person.  She helped us last year and bore up well with all the demands.  How did you get a buggy ride?
    I asked last year, and reminded her this year!  I unfortunately, due to liability concerns and time constraints, she cannot give everyone a ride—sorry!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Good morning!  Got a 5:30 am start - it’s pretty much me the dog walkers and the guys with the honey wagons - yes they started at 6 am!

UCamp 2019 at Winklepleck Campground got off to a nice start yesterday.  We thought we got here early, but as it turns out, the vast majority beat us - some arriving days earlier. 

After check in, we set up quickly and managed to beat a downpour!  But, the next few days are scheduled to be a beauty and things will dry up nicely.

It was nice to see a map indicating the hometowns of attendees  (@TerryV6, I think us forum folks suggested that).

Great pictures Sharon.  Enjoy a sweet roll for me..  I love the map.  
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

edited June 2019
    So, We were rewarded Friday with warm and sunny weather which helped reduce the mud pits.  In the afternoon, many women participated in a Solo Women Traveler session lead by Jenn Grover, Amanda Evans, Jean Handford and Verna.  These ladies shared their wisdom and we came away with a lot of good ideas about how to safely travel and camp alone with confidence!

Breakfast offered large quantities of cream filled, maple glazed pastries.  Then we all took a nap!  (Allison behind the counter.)

Nate and his tractor was available to pull your TaB to higher ground.

The evening closed with a catered meal by Bahler Pizza and musical entertainment by on site campers.

nuCamp owner Joe Mullet and family and other nuCamp workers joined in.

I forgot to mention - nuCamp provided free WiFi!  It was a little spotty, but it worked!  So, mark your calendars for next year as uCamp 2020 is scheduled June 22 - June 27.

Thanks Jenn!  Forgot to mention, there were lots of well behaved dogs this year!  It was really fun hearing everyone’s pet stories.
    Thank you everyone for the great pictures and video.  It felt like I was almost there.  It looked like everyone had a great time even with the wet weather... Next year in SugarCreek!!
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Member Posts: 213
    Lovign all these.. I really do want to try and make it next year.. looks like such a hoot

~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past