Options

TaB Model Year Features - (Updated list 3/2021)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Now that is what I call a bespoke tire cover!  I think I see a sweater vest from 6th grade in there somewhere.  Very cute!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    ScottG said:
    jkjenn said:
    Thanks Jenn.  I am trying to nail down when the different Norcold models turned up.  Were your 5/11 gallon tanks new for 2015?  
    So the 2016 front windows option opened?
    I am not sure about the 2014 tank size, but the bigger tanks were introduced part of the way through the model 2015 year, as was the fan for the AC.

As for the window, I do not know when they switched to the new type that open.
    My 2015 (built Dec. 2014--so a late 2015 according to Sharon's scheme) has an opening front window. My recollection is that is was technically still an option at that point, but most of the T@Bs being built by then had it installed.
    I believe having a window or not was an option. The opening window and window being standard seemed to happen right around the same time. 

I upgraded my front window last year and it was sure worth the money.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    Thanks! I crocheted it. 
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    MAGMAG Member Posts: 10
    I bought my T@B late in 2015, but was told that it was a 2016 model. I have never been sure if it really is a 2016 or a late 2015. The bill of sale only gives the serial number of the trailer. Bought mine in Mesa AZ, and not real happy with the dealer.
  • Options
    MAG said:
    I bought my T@B late in 2015, but was told that it was a 2016 model. I have never been sure if it really is a 2016 or a late 2015. The bill of sale only gives the serial number of the trailer. Bought mine in Mesa AZ, and not real happy with the dealer.
    Your title should indicate, I believe.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    edited September 2019
    MAG said:
    Look for a label (probably on the driver's side of the tongue) that gives a manufacture date. My understanding (from Sharon_is_SAM's history) is that trailers built from April 2015 to March 2016 would be considered 2016 models.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    WyoReddogWyoReddog Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone tell me why the 2021 Tabs are sold in 2020? And does that mean the 2022 models will be coming out next April 2021? Are you expecting any changes for next year for the 320s? So confusing. 
  • Options
    Prior to this model year change, nuCamp brought their new models out in April.  So 2019 models were available from 4/2018 through 3/2019.  Similar to automobiles.  They chose to have the 2021 model available sooner!  Not sure what they will do with the 2022 models.

• Options
    WyoReddog said:
    Can anyone tell me why the 2021 Tabs are sold in 2020? And does that mean the 2022 models will be coming out next April 2021? Are you expecting any changes for next year for the 320s? So confusing. 
    It is similar to auto manufacturing  - the next model year is released before the calendar year.

The 320 was a major redesign, which is the first time they have made changes to the actual shape of the T@b since nuCamp (Pleasant Valley) started making them. nuCamp is always finessing and improving their trailers, so each year will have new features, but 2021 introduced major changes, so the next will likely be smaller, iterative changes.

• Options
    CALCAL Member Posts: 3
    Maybe this will help. Found in FB group. May be same as list previously submitted but, I couldn’t download that on my device. 
  • Options
    dCliffhangerdCliffhanger Member Posts: 120
    I'll chime in about the T@B interior wood color change in the 2020 model. I ordered my T@B 320S Boondock in Feb of 2019 and had fallen in love with the wonderful light woodwork. When my unit was finally delivered in June, it came with the new dark wood for the model year 2020 started in May. Not happy!!!  Now, I see that they are back to the light wood for 2021! Must have been a lot of complaints in addition to mine. But that has left me in unhappy-land.  I do love my T@B. But I do not love the dark wood.  I want what I ordered, got changed without my knowledge and now they are waving it in my face!
    Ron\ 2020 T@B 320-S Boondock Edge; Roof Solar, Firefly Grp31 Carbon Foam Battery; TV: 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 3.6l V6; Madison, Wi
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    It is a seller market right now, sell your 2020 and buy a 2021, this time specify light natural wood finish on the order.  You should just about be able to sell,your 2020 for what you bought it for.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    @dCliffhanger I tend to agree with Denny on this one. If it bothers you that much, it’s worth the nuisance factor and even the additional cost to make the change, and with the crazy seller’s market, now is a very good time to sell your current trailer. I get it, I snagged my 2019 when I would rather have waited another 6 months to a year to buy, just because I did know the color change was coming, and I didn’t want dark cabinets in that small space.

BUT. There are a ton of other changes in the 2021 that may not suit you either.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    ginsbujginsbuj Member Posts: 45
    I bought a late model 2019 Edge that changed the folding entry level step to an bright aluminum and also moved the factor solar to the front of the roof from the back. The only thing I wish I had was the new larger tub but still love every inch of my TAB. I can't speak for all builds but ours was flawless from the beginning. Well worth the little extra money it costs over cheaper small trailers.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Yes, yes it is.  And the TaB 2020 color change for the interior was well publicized in advance.  @dCliffhanger, Your dealer should have known about this also and informed you when you placed the order in Feb 2019, you would be getting a 2020 year model, with the darker interior wood scheme.
    cheers
  • Options
    dCliffhangerdCliffhanger Member Posts: 120
    Denny16 said:
    Yes, yes it is.  And the TaB 2020 color change for the interior was well publicized in advance.  @dCliffhanger, Your dealer should have knowN about this also and informed you when you placed the order in Feb 2019, you would be getting a 2020 year model, with the darker interior wood scheme.
    cheers

Well, I have had nothing but great customer service, except for this one item. I even visited my unit being built - but before cabinetry was installed. If I traded up I could benefit from the new bed setup and a few other things. I could just unscrew and transplant the new cabinetry into my current unit.....
    Ron\ 2020 T@B 320-S Boondock Edge; Roof Solar, Firefly Grp31 Carbon Foam Battery; TV: 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 3.6l V6; Madison, Wi
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Yes, that would be an option also, get nüCamp to ship you the birch color cabinets...  B)
    cheers
  • Options
    TechieTechieTechieTechie Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020
    So, interesting change on the cabinets for 2021? For the lower cabinets, are they now European / inset doors? If so, that could be a royal {pain} in areas with muggy summers (doors sticking). Also, their website no longer touts "Ohio Amish built" cabinets. Are they now outsourcing their cabinet builds? If so, that would be disappointing.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited November 2020
    The cabinets are still made in-house, but of a newer, more European material. The 13 ply plywood is cut out on the in-house CNC machines, watched carefully by an operator. The 13 ply plywood is a rather expensive material, imported from overseas, and is very durable. 

Sure, this is different from the original T@B’s birch cabinet material, but it is the same type of cabinet material used in the 400’s and Avia’s. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Updated list of TaB Model Year changes.  (Edited and revised 4/22/21)

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    I have seat panel finger inserts in my late 2015. C'mon, Sharon, how could you miss such a critical detail?!  ;-)

Seriously, that list has become a lot more complicated over the years with so many changes and the addition of the 400. Nice work on a true labor of love!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG - I think they added hinges to the 2021 bench seats!  I had to limit the minutia:). Can't imagine what they are going to change/add following the deluxe 2021 models.
  • Options
    OliviaOtisOliviaOtis Member Posts: 7
    I waited five years to get my 2021 T@B 320S as it fit in my garage, had the new cassette toilet which is perfect for a 75 year old single woman, loved the solid gray cushions, light quik stove, larges gray tank, and so many more functions that were worth the wait.  Go for it! It is wonderful, comfortable and easy to hitch, set up, tow, clean, dry camp, etc.  I HIGHLY recomment it. :blush:
  • Options
    MewcycleMewcycle Member Posts: 20
    I have had my 2014 320 S for 2 years now...and I love it! But I see how I could benefit from a load of those upgrades and a different configuration. I appreciate the list Sharon and all other. 
    2014 T@B Max S
    2018 GMC Canyon
    Texas Hill Country
  • Options
    Just cleaning out my email and found this 2018 TaB brochure!  Enjoy!

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Very interesting Sharon, I had a copy of this Brouchure, but didn’t realize it was a 2018 Brochure from when the TaB400 was introduced (I got it in late 2019).  One photo in this brochure of special note, is the TaB400 (shown as a Boondock model) on the specifications page.  It shows the 400 with the Boondock aluminum front tub/box, and cutaway wheel flairs.  But a Boondock model was not available in 2018, which the specifications chart shows.  It seems the official TaB400 Boondock model became available in 2019, and looks like the TaB400 shown in this 2018 brochure.  Thanks for posting this.
     Cheers 

• Options
    sequimitesequimite Member Posts: 55
    Anyone know what changes were made for 2022 on the 320? Interested specifically in the Boondock as we plan to upgrade to a 2021 or 2022 320 Boondock. The document in this thread ends with 2021.
    2016 T@B 320 M@X S "Annie", 3rd Owner
    2015 Little Guy 5-Wide Platform
    2015 MB GLK 250 (diesel) Tow Vehicle, "Benzie"
    Sequim, WA USA
  • Options
    Yes, I have not kept it up to date!  That’s the problem with lists!