RV Lock Keyless for RV's is great! (Currently for T@B S Max and T@B 320 {pre 2020} only)

1234568»

Comments

• PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    B0atguy said:
    Photomom said:
    I turned off the beeping by pressing and holding the “1” button until I heard a beep. Without the beep you have to listen closely but you can hear the lock working.
    Is this on the compact model or V4 ? 
    V4
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 172
    edited July 2019
    Photomom said:
    B0atguy said:
    Photomom said:
    I turned off the beeping by pressing and holding the “1” button until I heard a beep. Without the beep you have to listen closely but you can hear the lock working.
    Is this on the compact model or V4 ? 
    V4
    Ok , I think that the unknown is if the compact model will allow the beeps to be disabled like the V4 allows . I would have gone with the compact over the V4 if I knew for sure , that the beeping could be disabled . Some of the reviews say no . 
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2001 Chevy Suburban LT 2500 8.1 - 496ci
    2022 Jayco Jay Feather Micro 166 FBS  
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !  
    2021 Keystone Passport Superlight 229RK - SOLD
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black Trim. - SOLD
    2011 Keystone Outback 260FL 32' - 2 Slides . - SOLD

• VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    B0atguy said:
    Just ordered a V4 for our 2019 320s . Couldnt pass up the 35% off offer as one of these has been on the "wish" list since we purchased our T@B . 
    I almost ordered the compact as the RVLock website states that it has the same functions as the V4 , just smaller . Apparently this may not be true ? After reading some reviews , it appears that you can NOT turn off the beeping sound function if you do not wish to have it . 
    So, $156 with free shipping and no tax , it was the V4 for us , as we would rather not have the annoying beeping sounds bother our camping neighbors (or us!) . 
    I have the Compact. The beeping turns off the same way it does on the V4.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited July 2019
    Thanks @VictoriaP............another mystery resolved.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 172
    VictoriaP said:

Thanks for the confirm ........
    Wonder why some reviews complain about not being able to turn off the beeping on the compact ? 
    ..........I hate reading reviews on something I want to buy ! lol 
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2001 Chevy Suburban LT 2500 8.1 - 496ci
    2022 Jayco Jay Feather Micro 166 FBS  
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !  
    2021 Keystone Passport Superlight 229RK - SOLD
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black Trim. - SOLD
    2011 Keystone Outback 260FL 32' - 2 Slides . - SOLD

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    You could not turn off the beeping on the earlier models, @VictoriaP
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    B0atguy said:
    VictoriaP said:

Thanks for the confirm ........
    Wonder why some reviews complain about not being able to turn off the beeping on the compact ? 
    ..........I hate reading reviews on something I want to buy ! lol 
    On something like that, it’s best to ask the manufacturer. As Verna mentions, features do change. But I bought the Compact this spring, and immediately turned off the beeps.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • ArtArt Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone installed a RVlock on a 2020 320?

Art
    2019 320S Sofitel - 2003 Ford Ranger Edge V6
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited July 2019
    I installed the V4 lock on my 320S this morning.  Installation was simple, but I did discover that while lining up the two halves of the lock (exterior and interior), you need to rotate the interior red handle/lever for the deadbolt to line it up with a flat notch on a metal rod connected to the exterior half of the lock.  The red lever turns the metal rod, which extends or retracts the deadbolt.  There was nothing in the instructions about that.

Also, following the provided instructions, I made four unsuccessful attempts to program a new numeric code.  The RV Lock instruction for this initial programming step reads: "Hold down the "8" button, simultaneously press the "LOCK" button, then release both." 

Although "simultaneously" means "at the same time," that turned out to be inaccurate.  The instruction should read: "Hold down the "8" button, then press the "LOCK" button, and then release both."  Once I did it that way, I completed the programming process and it worked great.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• vizslaguyvizslaguy Member Posts: 5
    Hi I have a 2019 BDL and purchased a rv lock v4 right hand keyless entry door handle. After researching the install it should be easy without modifying the existing hole.  Here is my problem.  I believe the original cut out on the door should be reversed because the rv4 lock will not fit. Am I missing something? Does anyone else have this issue? Pic attached. TIA  

2019 Tab 400 BDL, Toyota 4 Runner
    Is that a Tab 400? If so, there is no RVlock that fits your door. Likewise with the 2020 Tab 320.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    HI  Sorry forgot to mention its a 2019  tab 400 BDL the same model as Verna.  I ordered the same model lock she did. In her comments she stated that it fits the same opening as her old lock.

• Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    Correct, but that was for her previous trailer which was a 320.
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
    edited August 2019
    As @Travelin3D said, Verna previously had an RVlock on her 320. She’s repeatedly mentioned, as have others, that RVlock doesn’t currently make a version for the 400. I’d imagine since that door isn’t a standard RV door and no other US manufacturer is using anything similar, it just isn’t a large enough market for them to make a compatible lock.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I know it’s not what you wanted to hear.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    Art said:
    Has anyone installed a RVlock on a 2020 320?

Art
    As the 2020 320 has the same door as the 400, no RVlock is available to fit that model.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    Thanks for the info...I have much to learn.  Love this site and appreciate the feedback.
  • SebastianSebastian Member Posts: 23
    Just replaced my entrance door lock on the CS-S with a manual RVLock. I had lost the key to original.  Someone on this site gave great pointers on installing that mechanical lock.  Thanks a bunch.  I have other things to buy for the TAB so the price on the mechanical was in my budget and it does the job. 
  • cameroncameron Member Posts: 12
    I'm tempted to modify the 400 door to take something like this, but it doesn't look like an easy project. The mounting for the lock on the 400 door is 1.12" thick plywood with a strange cut shape, so first I'd have to plane and cut a piece of wood to cabinet-screw and glue into that hole, then use a piece of azac or plastic sheeting (with weatherproof glue) to cover that wood, then cut a new hole, and figure out where to mount the plate for the hold that the bolt mechanism extends into ... YIKES!

Of course, this is a tiny mod compared to everything else I've already put Tabitha through ...

• MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    edited November 2023
    For anyone who has an RVLock from a few years ago installed on their T@B: 
    My one complaint about this lock has been how the keypad degrades over time (peeling and cracking). I replaced the original numbers on my compact lock once, and now they've gotten nasty again. I was just looking at the company website and it seems like they have a new silicone keypad to replace the original. It's on "Black Friday" sale, so I'm going to give it a try.

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Great to hear from you Dale.  Thanks for checking in.  For those new to the Forum, Dale was a "T@B Mod God" (we just called him TMG for short).  One of the most skilled, knowledgeable and helpful people in the T@B community.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • runlinerunline Member Posts: 32
    Does anyone know if there is there an RVLock that fits a 2021 T@B 400?
    SF Bay Area, CA, 2021 T@B 400 BD
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    Tabaz: Thank you so much for those very kind words words. I still have my boating hats 4 of my most prized possessions. I did sell my boat a couple of months ago. It was getting harder and harder to keep up with the maintenance and the season in the PNW is so short. I traded it for new Tesla model S long range. Wow what a ride. Hope this finds you well and it was super to hear from you as always.
    Wishing you the best of health
    Dale
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Hi Dale!  Yes, the TaB Forum is still going strong.  Our initial members were instrumental in creating our atmosphere here - you included.  Glad we continue to have a positive energy and wonderful contributing members.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    runline said:
    Does anyone know if there is there an RVLock that fits a 2021 T@B 400?
    There is not. They don’t fit any year of the 400 model, or any 320 with the similar door (the kind with built in trash, etc.). Can’t remember if that door was first used on the 320 in 2020 or 2021.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    Marcelina this has nothing to do with your post. I just wanted to say HI. It’s been a long time. I like to check in on the T@B forum from time to time. It’s great to see some of the old names of friends from the past. The fact that this forum is still going strong after so many years warms my heart. my T@B day’s were some of the most fun I have had since retirement. To anyone out there who may remember me I just want to say HI and how much I loved being associated with all you fine people. Keep on T@Bing.
    Dale Helman
    @Dalehelman - So nice to hear from you. I had such a fun time at that East-West rally. I was jealous when you got your boat (a Ranger? Nordic Tug?) and sorry to hear that you've sold it. Let me know if you ever make your way down to SF.

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab