Options

See what's coming in the new 2021 T@B 320!

Comments

• Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Ok, I think I just did a thing.....  ;-)  I'll post a pic when it's in my driveway.
  • Options
    Sean_DebSean_Deb Member Posts: 9
    Since I find the Boondock edition too tall and have no need for a higher axle, I had the dealers price the regular T@B 320 S with the rooftop solar and front platform.  Alas, the price came in higher than a Boondock.  Rats!
    I too had wondered about getting a standard 320 with the solar and platform added and if it would just make more sense to go boondock.
  • Options
    I was able to get the price pretty close to boondock.  And I really don't care for the height.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @gooselady, I’m not an “off-road type of gal” (😂😂😂😂), but the advantages it gives me in height with boondocking is marvelous. No worries about getting in too deep, nor having to worry about ruts. That late afternoon stop at a free campground that had 4” of red mud was terrible, but I didn’t get stuck. Yes, I was in 4-wheel drive. 

Amazing how all of us can have different preferences and we still respect others different opinions. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Hey, Verna, I agree.   The Boondock is a great rig, but the regular T@B suits me better.  Just like the cassette toilet suits my style of camping better, while other people despise it.  And I like dark cabinets, etc.  

I'm going to miss my 2015, but I hope I will be delighted with the 2021.
  • Options
    @gooselady that is absolutely awesome!  Congrats and safe travels!  

You do realize you will be our go-to answer lady for the 2021 T@B 320, right?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    gooselady said:
    Ok, I think I just did a thing.....  ;-)  I'll post a pic when it's in my driveway.
    That is so awesome. Congrats!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    marjamrmarjamr Member Posts: 26
    gooselady,
    Does your glass stove cover stay open when you lift it up?
    does it look like this?

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I do not think that is the OEM glass cover on the 2021 TaB 320.  It should be a dark smoke color, have Dometic name on the bottom edge, and a single 45-degree notch on the lower right hand corner, and cover the entire stove:

Additionally see 3:54 into the Princess Craft video in jkjenn post for a good close up shot of the cover:  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/10527/see-whats-coming-in-the-new-2021-t-b-320/p4

scroll down to find the video.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @gooselady will be waiting for your pic and your postings on the 2021..we believe this will be the year for us to order as well...need to see the CS-S video first...patiently waiting for the video/ or a trailer in person..Congrats!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    marjamrmarjamr Member Posts: 26
    Denny16,
    Yeah I know. This is the one NuCamp just sent me to replace the cover my 2021 320S was delivered without. Certainly doesn’t fit very well and came with no hardware. I think I’m just going to get a cutting board to cover the burners when not cooking. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Sounds sounds like a plan. I thought the replacement glass top was from the dealer.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Ontheroad,
    The 2021 CSS I saw on the lot was very nice and seemed quite roomy.  My MIL loved it, especially for it's great social benefits, but as I travel alone, I prefer the indoor kitchen.

All,
    I uncovered my 2015 to prepare for the trade, and was immediately remorseful.  I loved this little camper; what was I thinking?!?  So I stare at the picture of the 2021 in an attempt to regain that initial rush of excitement.  I'll keep you posted.

On another note, is there a way to verify the 20 gallon fresh water tank?  The 10 gallon tank is a deal breaker.  I have the vin #, is there someone I can call?  The salesman says it does, but I don't rely on that.  Frustratingly sketchy details on the dealer and Nucamp website.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    gooselady said:
    Ontheroad,
    The 2021 CSS I saw on the lot was very nice and seemed quite roomy.  My MIL loved it, especially for it's great social benefits, but as I travel alone, I prefer the indoor kitchen.

On another note, is there a way to verify the 20 gallon fresh water tank?  The 10 gallon tank is a deal breaker.  I have the vin #, is there someone I can call?  The salesman says it does, but I don't rely on that.  Frustratingly sketchy details on the dealer and Nucamp website.
    Contact customerservice@nucamprv.com It is not 10, but cannot remember if it is 18 or 20.

Edit: found it on Mandy's site. The freshwater is 20 gallons and the grey is 18. 

That is 4x as much freshwater capacity as I have in my 2015.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Hi Jen,

Do you have a link to Ma Days?  I sent an email to Nucamp and they have given me a canned response time of 2 days (really?).  The 2015 has a 10 gallon tank, and I've never run out but it has meant very sparse bathing at times, haha.  I've always carried an extra 5-7 gallons water in the van for the dogs, cooking, etc.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    @gooselady, I think she means Mandy Lea’s website under wet bathroom changes near the bottom. https://mandyleaphoto.com/2020/02/26/2021-tab/
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Thanks, Sharon_is_Sam!  Exactly what I needed.  Getting excited again.  

Edited:  I just heard from Nucamp Customer service and they confirmed the 20 gallon fresh water tank.  
  • Options
    Thanks for fixing it, Sharon!

• Options
    gooselady said:
    Thanks, Sharon_is_Sam!  Exactly what I needed.  Getting excited again.  

Edited:  I just heard from Nucamp Customer service and they confirmed the 20 gallon fresh water tank.  
    Excited for you!!

Any idea when it will arrive?

• Options
    Driving it home right now.
  • Options
    I apologize for the unsized photo.  Don't know how to do that yet.

Lots of first impressions,  but it tows much smoother than the 2015. I suffered much bouncing with that rear tire.  Also, had them put in 2 6V batteries, which I thought was going to be small golf cart size, but these are 2 full sized rv batteries,  so much greater tongue weight than I had previously. 
  • Options
    It looks awesome! You have to tell us all about it. Are you goi g camping this weekend or driveway camping?

• Options
    My first trip is April 1st, which is why I worked out a trade vs private sale.  Didn't want to be left empty handed.

Question regarding rooftop solar.   Does having it preclude me from adding a connector in the tub for my suitcase panel?  There is only 100W on top while  I have a 120W suitcase.  Could I use both?  Would I need more than 100W?  Worried about fridge/solar capacity. 

• Options
    edited March 2020
    gooselady said:
    My first trip is April 1st, which is why I worked out a trade vs private sale.  Didn't want to be left empty handed.

Question regarding rooftop solar.   Does having it preclude me from adding a connector in the tub for my suitcase panel?  There is only 100W on top while  I have a 120W suitcase.  Could I use both?  Would I need more than 100W?  Worried about fridge/solar capacity. 

You can use both. I think it's a little easier if you have a separate controller. I was on solar in the Tetons for 3-4 days last fall and had the 100w factory setup and I kept up just fine. With the dual  golf cart batteries you might find you don't need the suitcase. You can hang onto it a while and decide what will work best for you, for sure.

I will be interested to see how it keeps up with the DC fridge.

• Options
    Yes,@gooselady, you can have a connection put on the front tub. 

I kept my 200 watt suitcase and it did come in handy during super overcast conditions. At times it seems like I’m keeping it as a “way if” crutch, but then I remember getting up at 5 am to move my truck so I could hook up to the 400 to get the battery charged. As soon as the sun came up, the extra 200 watts started helping by taking over with the charging. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    The Zamp suitcase has it's own controller, right?  So it's just a matter of wiring in a plug, right?  
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @gooselady , nuCamp is fully aware they are confusing some people right now..I was told it was because their are dealers that still have these trailers on their lots. I'm glad you'll be ready for that April trip and be able to do driveway camping to get acquainted with some of the new "toys"..and totally get the solo travelling and inside kitchen! 

Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    gooselady said:
    The Zamp suitcase has it's own controller, right?  So it's just a matter of wiring in a plug, right?  
    Yes, @gooselady, both have their own solar controller. Yes, just wire in the appropriate plug. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Thanks, All.  I'll order a connector.
  • Options
    Flyr9rFlyr9r Member Posts: 5
    Been thinking about getting a 2021 Tab 320s. Was wondering if you have a tongue weight of your new trailer?  I understand they are heavier than previous years and wondering what the new ones weigh?   Love all the features on the 2021 model compared to our previous 2018 model.