Nucamp switched dealers in Colorado

lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
Such a disappointment when I called the dealer I purchased from-- Sun City Trailers in Colorado Springs CO-- because I need a couple of parts-- only to be told they are no longer a Tab dealer & that Nucamp switched to Windish RV!   I really liked my dealer & his service guys are the best.  IMHO Nucamp made a huge mistake.  They should have done some more research on customer reviews of Windish in Colorado-- Windish would be near the bottom of my list for purchase-- would not ever take my unit to them for service & I'm not going to by parts from them either. I'll have to find another dealer out of state to order parts for me.  I hope someone forwards this discussion to someone at Nucamp.   I have referred people to Sun City & would tow my trailer from north of Denver to Colorado Springs for service.  Now I have no idea who I'm going to get service from!  You made a big mistake Nucamp 🤔. Anyone have a suggestion of a dealer outside of Colorado who won't gouge on parts & will drop- ship?  AARGgggg
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    I think there is more to the story.  Dealers are typically required to purchase a minimum number of units and agree to other terms of service, parts ordering etc.  You can let nuCamp know how you feel by sending an email to customerservice@nucamprv.com.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @lkc001, if it is just parts you are looking for, I have had very good luck with Missouri Teardrop Trailers:

www.missouriteardroptrailers.com

E-mail:  info@missouriteardroptrailers.com

590 NW State Hwy M
    Centerview MO 64019
    1-660-909-3553 (Sales)
    1-660-441-2843 (Parts)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    @Bayliss. Thanks!  I need a tail light & 2 struts for one window— I’ll give them a call— I’m hoping my dealer will still service my trailer even though he no longer sells Nucamp
    Woohoo!
    @Sharon_is_SAM— that may be true— this is a small dealer— however I will be sending a note to nucamp— Windish has TERRIBLE customer service— when I told one of my camper group ladies about the change she said — oh no!  Not Windish!!  poor customer experiences get poor word of mouth— I don’t care how BIG Windish is— it is a bad choice
    Woohoo!
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    @lkc001 I believe Windish has been a dealer for a while. I am not sure itnis a switch as much as it sounds like Sun City is no longer  a dealer. I heard good things about Sun City, so it's too bad they are no longer carrying nuCamp products.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Yes Windish has been a dealer for some time-- but there were a very few other dealers to go to-- I stopped in at Windish twice when I was looking & they acted like it was inconvenient to answer any questions or even show units-- the sales man I had knew absolutely nothing about them or just wanted me to leave & they will gouge on pricing-- my experience -- so I drove 2 1/2 hours to Sun City

Woohoo!
  • kbdigitiqekbdigitiqe Member Posts: 163
    We just bought ours from Holiday RV in Poncha Springs, haven’t used their service department yet though so can’t speak to that. 
  • OHANAOHANA Member Posts: 3
    I bought my 2021 Nucamp 320 S Boondock from Windish.  The price for my RV was $7000 less than what other places around US were selling the 2021 for.  The head of Service gave me a full and complete review of the RV and was especially considerate.  I do not agree with the Windish evaluation on this site.  Generalities do not define a business.
  • berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 958
    I also bought our 2021 400 from Windish, the Lakewood CO dealer.  The salesman was great to work with and we got an incredible deal.  I was happy with the sales side of the business.

However I do not believe their service dept knows much or cares to know much about the T@bs.  I pointed out a couple of things wrong on our walk through, crooked cabinet doors, and no consistent hot water.  The techs there could not correct either issue after trying for a quite a while.  They then told me the cabinet doors were warped and they would get replacements for me.  And there was no hot water because the mixing valve was defective and they would order a replacement as well.  After I left it took me all of a few minutes on this forum to learn how to adjust the cabinet doors, they were not warped, and how to properly adjust the mixing valve, it was not defective.  

And even though the told me that they put in the order to get those replacement parts when I reached out to them about it I learned they never actually ordered anything.  I also have reached out to them about glycol changes a few times and have not heard back either time.  Not impressed with the service dept there and actually would be nervous to have them do work on my trailer.  With the recent glycol change I'm hoping to get in touch with someone there who will let me know if they will do the flush and change for me.  I would think they could being that they are a NuCamp and Airstream dealer. I also just reached out to Holiday RV in Poncha Springs about the glycol and am waiting to hear from them as well.  Hopefully they'll do it as I now live much closer to them than Windish. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
    @bergger I also found the same complete lack of knowledge about the alde system from my 2 trips to the Windish in Longmont --not impressed --I'm still trying to find out where I can take my Tab to get the Alde fluid drain and refill--have left 2 messages at the service department in Longmont.
    Woohoo!
    @OHANA My opinions are valid for the experiences I have had with that dealer.  My statements were not generalities and I'm still trying to get an answer from their service department re: flushing and refill of the Alde.  I'm glad you had a good experience.  Not all of us have had the same.
    Woohoo!
    @bergger Just an FYI--I finally got through to the service dept. at Windish in Longmont, since I was not getting any responses from my messages.  They say that if you did not purchase from them they are not taking any Nucamp products for service.  If you did purchase from them their hourly rate is $140/hr plus products/parts cost which they had no idea at the service department what the parts department charges for glycol.  So I'm right back where I started.  I wonder if Nucamp knows their dealers are refusing service.     

If by chance you are able to get any information, from any dealers that service Tabs, even if not purchased from them, would you please post back here with costs/info?  That would be helpful for others too.  Thank you
    Woohoo!
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited May 2021
    I have, but here it is again.  Vogel RV in Ukiah CA will service an TaB, brought to them.  That said, units they sold will take first in the que to get it serviced.  I had to wait a few weeks to get my service scheduled.  They do excellent work, and their lead tech, Sean is top notch, and makes frequent trips to nüCamp.
    Cost was around $300-350 including the three gallons of glycol, which is around $25 a gallon.  

I look at the Alde service every two years, as part of the cost of ownership, along with axle repacking, brake checks, and tires.  No one complains about getting the oil changed in their vehicles.  Instead of oil, the TaB has a glycol based heating system that needs changed every two years.  A friend has a Mercedes, and spends $300+ every year to change the oil.   I do not see a difference here. 
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    @Denny16 That info would be helpful if I was in whatever state that is in--I am in Colorado.  Yes, this is part of servicing, but difficult if the dealers here will not do it unless you purchased from them, so that info is not useful to me.
    Cheers
    Woohoo!
    lkc001 said:
    @bergger Just an FYI--I finally got through to the service dept. at Windish in Longmont, since I was not getting any responses from my messages.  They say that if you did not purchase from them they are not taking any Nucamp products for service.  If you did purchase from them their hourly rate is $140/hr plus products/parts cost which they had no idea at the service department what the parts department charges for glycol.  So I'm right back where I started.  I wonder if Nucamp knows their dealers are refusing service.     

If by chance you are able to get any information, from any dealers that service Tabs, even if not purchased from them, would you please post back here with costs/info?  That would be helpful for others too.  Thank you
    I certainly will do.  Windish in Lakewood and Holiday RV in Poncha Springs are both supposed to call me back with information.  Hopefully they will follow through with that.  
    Leadville Colorado
    edited May 2021
    @lkc001, was just replying to your request (“ If by chance you are able to get any information, from any dealers that service Tabs, even if not purchased from them, would you please post back here with costs/info?  That would be helpful for others too.  Thank you as a reference...”) not suggesting you get your TaB serviced there.  Ukiah is in Calif., would be a bit of a trip.  B)
    cheers
  • NorCalMikeNorCalMike Member Posts: 52
    Is that some kind of wierd local spelling of Ukiah?  
    No Mike, it is a combination of my bad typing and the crazy spell checker on my IPad.  I missed that one, thanks.  B)
    cheers
    @bergger and anyone else in Colorado interested.  I e-mailed Nucamp re the lack of service for Alde in Denver/Colorado. They replied that they have used this Mobile RV repair in the past and referred him:  Andrew Thompson, RV Repair Men, LLC, 720-795-8495, e-mail ANDREW@RVREPAIRMEN.COM, Website http://www.RvRepairmen.com

I sent a e-mail asking for quotes on a couple of things including the flush and fill of the Alde.  Response:

$800 to flush and Fill Alde--No hourly rate mentioned nor how many hours labor nor how much per gallon they are charging for fluid.  I have sent a request for this additional information.

+ trip charge depending upon where they have to travel--I asked a second time what their trip charge is--waiting on an answer

They do not do anything chassis related, i.e.--won't do bearings, etc

Charges (with exception of trip charge which I don't know yet) for other smaller items I asked for was not bad, unless the price will go up if I don't have all the work done at the same time were pretty reasonable, however--the charge for the Alde fluid change is flat out price gouging and unconscionable in my opinion.  

This is who Nucamp is recommending??  They also recommended contacting Truman direct, however, 2 of their offices are now closed due to Covid with no further information available.  

I would be interested to know if you call this mobile RV repair if you get the same quote.

I'm so frustrated and so very disappointed in Nucamp.  
    Woohoo!
    That's more than I'd spend on a glycol change.  I'm still waiting for Windish to call me back.  It's been two days so not sure if they will.  I actually got a return call from Holiday RV but I missed the call.  I'll call them again tomorrow.  
    Leadville Colorado
  • johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    edited May 2021
    Unfortunate discussion. Not unusual at all to be hours and hours from nearest dealer, west of the Mississippi. Even then, dealers are not anywhere near the same customer service-wise.
    Interesting that a non-dealer traveling shop was recommended. Begs the question; who owns access to NuCamp's service knowledge base -- owners or dealers? I hope the answer is both. Does anyone have any insight on this?
    2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM
    @bergger I received an e-mail yesterday evening from Michael Skidmore at Nucamp who said he had one of his service people reach out to Windish and they agreed to do the service even though I did not purchase from them.  He did not say WHO they spoke to at Windish--just that I should call them.  I called and left a message with service because you can only leave a message.  I will report back with info on cost and if they actually do return my call, agree to do it and a possible time frame.  I will not pay anywhere near $900 for it, nor will I leave my trailer with them for months on end.  

I did thank him sincerely for his effort and told him I would let him know how this plays out.  I also stated again that I find this all very frustrating and unacceptable to have to go through all of this to try and get service.

I also left 2 messages for Truman, who Michael also said I could reach out to.  I remember leaving them a message over a year ago and never got a return call.
    Woohoo!
  • ColoradoSunColoradoSun Member Posts: 134
    For Alde service, their website lists Transwest Truck and Trailer RV with locations on Fredrick and Grand Junction, as a service "partner". Does  anyone have any experience with them?
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    SW Colorado
    @ColoradoSun  I didn’t know that Transwest was an Alde Service center.  I did not get that information either from Nucamp.  They only gave me two dealers names that services the Alde—Windish & a place in Grand Junction.  I would pick Transwest over Windish always.  I live near the one in Frederick CO— I will be calling them as well.  I looked at the Truman website link that Nucamp sent me & didn’t see Transwest.  Haven’t heard back yet from Truman.  Where did you find that info?  Thank you!
    Woohoo!
  • LojocamperLojocamper Member Posts: 30
    Randy at Sun City is still a NuCamp dealer - only selling the Cirrus truck campers now. We, too, were very disappointed to hear he is no longer selling NuCamp trailers. Sun City is a small, family owned business with one salesman (the owner, Randy) who has always given us great service. He told us that he did not have the volume that NuCamp was looking for to sell the teardrops. As a 320 owner we still call Randy when we have questions and he has always been willing to help us troubleshoot. (We do as much as we can on our own.) I, too, am disappointed that Windish is the local T@B dealer - they have had some IMHO not-so-ethical practices in the past, including participating in a Colorado Springs RV show when Sun City was still the local authorized dealer and when Windish only location was in Longmont (a no-no according to their dealer agreement). Boardman RV in Pueblo is no longer a NuCamp dealer either. If you are having service issues with Windish - please let NuCamp know! If they see a pattern, NuCamp will surely address it. It is disturbing that Windish will not service our trailers. Good luck and keep us posted on how this all pans out.
    BreakingAw@y
    Silver/black 2018 T@B 320 CS-S, Outback axle, AT tires
    2012 Dodge Ram Hemi - CO

My Visited North America Map
    Adventures: 7
    States: 21
    Provinces: 5

• ColoradoSunColoradoSun Member Posts: 134
    lkc001  I found them listed on the Alde website under "Service".

https://www.alde.us/service/find-service-location/
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    SW Colorado
    @Lojocamper  I had called Sun City  to see what they charged for glycol replacement or if they had the equipment to offer that service even though they are no longer a Nucamp dealer.  I would have taken the trailer all the way to Colorado Springs for service rather than use Windish.  I was told they never had the equipment & didn’t do that service.  His service guys are great & provide honest reliable service — I wish they were closer to Denver.  Nucamp knows there is an issue with getting service around Denver.  Unfortunately that issue has not been addressed & some of us have been left swinging in the wind.  No indication or information from Nucamp that they are even trying to address this issue.  They should also know that Windish doesn’t have the best reputation especially in the service area yet the are a Nucamp dealer.  Im still waiting to hear back from messages I left with Windish.  Have you had your glycol changed out?
    Woohoo!

@ColoradoSun is Truman & Alde the same company?  I guess I’m confused.  Nucamp told me to call Truman.
    Woohoo!
  • johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    lkc001 said:

@ColoradoSun is Truman & Alde the same company?  I guess I’m confused.  Nucamp told me to call Truman.
    It's Truma. Truma and Alde have become essentially the same company.

2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM
    @ColoradoSun @johnfconway @Lojocamper @bergger et al--I just got off the phone with Transwest in Frederick CO, who Alde lists on their website as a service "partner".  Transwest says they do NOT work on the small Tab trailers, they only work on very large units.  So, another service center that will not work on our Tabs.  I will e-mail Alde and suggest they change that information and also let Nucamp know.

Woohoo!