Newbie Warning - Beware of the Lurking Zombies

Comments

• gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    Just had an eight-year-old boy walk into our camp and say, "I see why the kitchen is in back.  It's too small for one inside." Without another word, he just walked away.  :-)
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Carol, that's so aggravating.  I don't mind giving tours at all, but why is it they wait until you're packing and ready to pull out?  I suppose to their way of thinking they're not interrupting your camping because it's over and you're leaving.  That's the time I don't want to do it, and usually continue my routine and let them look through the door.  

I also frequently come from a store, rest stop, etc., and people are taking pics on their phones.  After six years, it makes me wonder how many times me and/or the T@B are shown in FB pages or blogs. lol  I did see myself on a blog featuring a Smoky Mountain visit about 3 years ago.  
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• ronin718ronin718 Member Posts: 92
    Well, I have to admit we ended up in our T@B because we zombie'd an A-liner during our spring camping trip.  Those folks invited us in for the tour and we started looking.  We had seen the little pods a few years ago so we knew they existed.  We almost got a T@G, but then Lori walked into the T@B and decided then she wanted to be able to stand inside, and the rest was history.  When the dealer came with a price dropped way lower than we thought they'd go, it was a done deal.

Of course, the first words out of the salesman's mouth after we closed was "plan to be giving tours".

John & Lori in Northern VA
    Former owner of 2015 T@B CS Max "Uteki" aka "H@wk T@B"
    2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Off-Road "Zame"

• sgttikisgttiki Member Posts: 92

I think it is time the T@B community develop a plan to combat, and eradicate Zombies!

I have been part of this forum for a few months and have gathered a wealth of information/knowledge. As a result, before I order my T@B, I am planning to make certain modifications so that the T@B  better suits my needs.

In reading the many messages concerning "Zombies," I am considering at least two [immediate] modifications, which I believe will serve all T@B owners:

1. Trap Door just inside the T@B. If a Zombie gains access to the inside (invited, or not), I can, via remote control, immediately spring the trap door. That Zombie will drop down & out of sight, never to be seen or heard from again!

2. Ejector Seat - If, upon entering the T@B (invited, or not) a Zombie makes the "unfortunate mistake" of sitting on the bench, or even worse, sitting on the made up bed, then an Ejector Seat can be activated via remote control. The Zombie will be ejected upward, through the roof vent. USE EXTREME CAUTION! Make certain the Fantastic Fan is "off," otherwise things can get messy! Again, another Zombie on the "Missing Zombie" list.

If T@B owners rally together, I believe the Zombie problem will soon disappear!

sgttiki said:

I think it is time the T@B community develop a plan to combat, and eradicate Zombies!

I have been part of this forum for a few months and have gathered a wealth of information/knowledge. As a result, before I order my T@B, I am planning to make certain modifications so that the T@B  better suits my needs.

In reading the many messages concerning "Zombies," I am considering at least two [immediate] modifications, which I believe will serve all T@B owners:

1. Trap Door just inside the T@B. If a Zombie gains access to the inside (invited, or not), I can, via remote control, immediately spring the trap door. That Zombie will drop down & out of sight, never to be seen or heard from again!

2. Ejector Seat - If, upon entering the T@B (invited, or not) a Zombie makes the "unfortunate mistake" of sitting on the bench, or even worse, sitting on the made up bed, then an Ejector Seat can be activated via remote control. The Zombie will be ejected upward, through the roof vent. USE EXTREME CAUTION! Make certain the Fantastic Fan is "off," otherwise things can get messy! Again, another Zombie on the "Missing Zombie" list.

If T@B owners rally together, I believe the Zombie problem will soon disappear! 

IMPORTANT! If the Zombies happen to be of the nicer kind, do not engage any Anti-Zombie devices!
    Well, maybe T@B tours are the cure to the global zombie problem.  Zombie takes tour, proceeds to nearest hospital (aka T@B dealership), purchases cure (aka T@B of their own), and the cure replicates (story repeats).  Just a thought...

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    We'll call it the T@B Virus - Very deadly to the pocketbook.
  • bobandcarolbobandcarol Member Posts: 17
    PXLated said: "So, newbies, be prepared, when you bought your T@B you also became a zombie tour guide. Prepare yoursel "

how true this is, I live a mile into the woods on a gravel road with about 17 year round neighbors....when Orange Crush came home, well we're still giving tours...crazy it is...
    2015 T&B CS, 2013 Subaru Outback
    Augusta, Maine
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    ronin718 said:
    Well, maybe T@B tours are the cure to the global zombie problem.  Zombie takes tour, proceeds to nearest hospital (aka T@B dealership), purchases cure (aka T@B of their own), and the cure replicates (story repeats).  Just a thought...
    Not just a thought!!! It happened! Sis saw mine, tried to resist the zombie virus and succumbed. Resistance is futile for those that get a full dose of the Zombie Virus.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 197
    I don't think I'm the only one that gets that giddy and comfortable feeling when you park it and settle in for the night, no matter where.  As I tell everyone during the tours, the use of space, attention to detail, and workpersonship in manufacturing these T@Bs is exemplary and why we love them!
    Beth
    Minnesota
    Practicing to be a wanderer
    Transitioned from 2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx to 2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual
  • KatsKats Member Posts: 95
    edited July 2015
    Had a guy come up to us on his bike in PA. We were in a parking lot debating whether to trust the GPS or not. Up he rode, and he said "Wow! Do they have those in Europe? I'm going there in 6 months!" He being a biker, with a nice bike, (a Pinarello--roughly the same price as the T@B), and my partner also being a biker, instant rapport was established. And yes, I wound up giving a tour in the parking lot. He took a picture of the T@B with his phone and wrote down the web address. We also had a group of Mennonites stop as they went by. I offered to show it to them, but they very sweetly said that they did not want to disturb our privacy. 
    Already have the zombies circling my home driveway.  Sounds like I'll be taking some of the zombie traffic from Cyclonic since we're practically neighbors.

There's more than enough Zombies to supply you both for a long time ;-)
  • vitovito Member Posts: 181
    Having a T@b reminds me of my experiences with my Triumph motorcycle. Mine is a 2013 model and I have people (mostly old guys) stop me all the time in gas stations or parking lots to exclaim "I didn't know Triumph still made motorcycles" and "I had a Triumph when I was younger", etc. I've owned my T@b for only a few weeks and even when I took it to the empty parking lot at the community college so that I could practice backing up I had several people drive or walk over to look at the T@b and ask me about it.  They assume it is just a bed on wheels and are amazed when they look inside and see the kitchen, shower and toilet, flat screen TV, a/c unit and way it is all put together. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • RadRad Member Posts: 516
    Spent the weekend in Bodega Bay surrounded by giant motor homes, trailers and 5th wheels.  Very nice folks who were fascinated by the T@B.  Many tours was the order of the weekend.
    Ra, We are going to Bodega Dunes State Park at the end of this month.  We are joining folks with a large trailer (again). Neither of us objects to the other!  

We were kinda close to meeting.
    gilbutler said:
    Ra, We are going to Bodega Dunes State Park at the end of this month.  We are joining folks with a large trailer (again). Neither of us objects to the other!  

We were kinda close to meeting.
    Too funny. One we of these days we may bump into each other; ya know, in a figurative way.   =)

I liked the folks stopping by.  Great conversation with those that came over, we enjoyed it.  
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Today was a busy hectic day. I got up early from the T@B, on the road by 9:30 am, without the T@B (I live 52 miles away), went home, put the past week's laundry in the washing machine, cut part of the grass, showered, put laundry in the dryer, had a Dr's appointment, more errands, got groceries, went home, finished cutting grass, loaded firewood, put fresh garden veggies in truck and take off. I drove through three torrential downpours....guess what I forgot at home? Laundry is in dryer!  Grumble...

I decide that I'm too tired to cook, so I go through a drive-thru and order a grilled Chicken sandwich. Smells good as I'm driving to the campsite. It's still raining, so I get the dog in the T@B, dry her, wash my hands, and there are three people wanting a tour...a 10 minute one and the chicken sandwich is getting. colder and colder, and I'm getting more and more hungry. Finally they leave, and the chicken didn't taste too badly.  Tours are rarely well timed.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

What about setting up "Bear Pits" to catch the Zombies, then pelting them with eggs? I wouldn't want to harm the Zombies, just catch and humiliate them!

Great scene with Danny DeVito pelting Richard Dreyfuss with eggs, in the movie Tin Men.

Or......the T@B owner could simply put out a sign which reads, "Tours begin at noon." Hit the road by 11AM, while shouting, "Eat My Dust You Annoying Zombies!"

Of course, you'll encounter different Zombies along the road. We'll have to come up with a plan for them!

• NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    Tours $150.00 cash. No exceptions. Works every time. Ok so I only tried it once. They left. 
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    I actually don't mind tours. I've met a lot of good people that way. But at a gas stop in the snow?. That was the $150 tour. 
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

I'm in the normfun camp.  We are meeting people in Yosemite this September who we met on a trip into Oregon.  They stopped by to see the cute trailer and invited us for fish and chips.  They travel full time in a HUGE 5th wheel (living room has fireplace, sofa and two recliners). We still prefer our T@B.
    I don't mind tours if they're nice and approach at a decent time - Not when I'm packing to leave though.
    Thurs. this last week, I had a guy swerve off the main street into the parking lot entrance I was exiting waving for me to stop so he could ask me questions. Blocked the whole entrance, went back and wrote down the website address so he could go get information. Crazy!
  • kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    I guess my wife is a zombie. She approached a T@B owner in a grocery store parking lot yesterday in the Cincinnati area. Turned out they were on their maiden voyage from Toledo, Ohio, to Nashville, Tennessee. She did not ask for a tour, they just talked "T@B talk." We are family!  
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I don't mind tours...just not at 9 pm at night when I'm hungry and have a fast food bag in my hand!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    Note to self: Take Verna a hamburger when you ask to see her T@B at Tearstock. :)
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
    JustJohn said:
    Note to self: Take Verna a hamburger when you ask to see her T@B at Tearstock. :)
    Low blood sugar is not a pretty thing =)
    If another T@Bber showed up, it could be anytime and I'd accommodate. I've only run into five so far over nine months.
  • larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    My T@B attracted Zombies the minute I parked it in the driveway. A gentleman stopped in the street and started asking questions. I had owned it less than an hour.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.