Options

Newbie Warning - Beware of the Lurking Zombies

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    NoRad said:
    JustJohn said:
    Note to self: Take Verna a hamburger when you ask to see her T@B at Tearstock. :)
    Low blood sugar is not a pretty thing =)
    Not low blood sugar....tired, the pain shot was wearing off of my finger that had received a cortisone shot, I had just traveled through three torrential thunderstorms in less than 50 miles, I hadn't eaten in about 7 hours....one of those days....any other day and I'd gladly give the dollar tour!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    Verna said:
    NoRad said:
    JustJohn said:
    Note to self: Take Verna a hamburger when you ask to see her T@B at Tearstock. :)
    Low blood sugar is not a pretty thing =)
    Not low blood sugar....tired, the pain shot was wearing off of my finger that had received a cortisone shot, I had just traveled through three torrential thunderstorms in less than 50 miles, I hadn't eaten in about 7 hours....one of those days....any other day and I'd gladly give the dollar tour!
    Cortisone shot on your finger, ouch, sorry to hear that.  I can feel your pain, a week ago I had a series of cortisone injections in L5 in my back...ouch, ouch, ouch.  

I hope the shot helped. 
  • Options
    ronin718ronin718 Member Posts: 92
    larrygon said:
    My T@B attracted Zombies the minute I parked it in the driveway. A gentleman stopped in the street and started asking questions. I had owned it less than an hour.

Yep, our neighbor was over that night wanting a tour.  LOL!!

John & Lori in Northern VA
    Former owner of 2015 T@B CS Max "Uteki" aka "H@wk T@B"
    2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Off-Road "Zame"

• Options
    Rad said:
    Cortisone shot on your finger, ouch, sorry to hear that.  I can feel your pain, a week ago I had a series of cortisone injections in L5 in my back...ouch, ouch, ouch.  

I hope the shot helped. 
    Somewhat, but I think I'll be having surgery on the finger in the next month or so. There's not a replacement joint for the middle knuckle, so he's going to fuse the joint. It will quit hurting as it heals, and no more cortisone shots!  I hate them, and I would hate them worse in my back! I can't imagine that, Rad. You're a tougher man than I am a tough woman!  Take care!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Rad said:

I hope the shot helped. 
    Somewhat, but I think I'll be having surgery on the finger in the next month or so. There's not a replacement joint for the middle knuckle, so he's going to fuse the joint. It will quit hurting as it heals, and no more cortisone shots!  I hate them, and I would hate them worse in my back! I can't imagine that, Rad. You're a tougher man than I am a tough woman!  Take care!
    I will take the back issues over a fused knuckle!  I can't give up my guitars!
  • Options
    Rad said:
    I will take the back issues over a fused knuckle!  I can't give up my guitars!
    Well, it's a decision that didn't come lightly. 6 shots in 3 years and they help for less and less time. The finger will be permanently bent at about 30 degrees, about what it's been for the past month. As I've been doing "stuff" around the campsite, I've been thinking of what I will and won't be able to do. I already can't play the guitar and uke, so that's OK. I'll be able to move the hand knuckle, so woodworking should be OK. Spray bottles may be a challenge, but we all adapt as we age to other things. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Well, Django Reinhardt, one of the greatest jazz guitarists of all time only had 8 fingers.  We really can adapt and do almost anything.  One of my mother's index fingers only moved about 20 degrees for most of her adult life, it never slowed that gal Down.  Golfer, tennis player and pilot back in the 30's .

hope ya heal up well.
  • Options
    vitovito Member Posts: 181
    I just had a shot in the base of my thumb but it was not cortisone. The rheumatologist told me the name of the drug but I already forgot it. He said it would take a week to reach maximum effect, but here it is only two days later and my right thumb feels almost as good as new. The shot itself was pretty painful, but only for about 10 seconds. I know I need it as well in my other hand but it will have to wait until the pain memory is a bit weaker. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Huh. We have been thinking of getting a TaB and were planning to look for TaB owners we could interrogate when we go camping later this summer. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    vitovito Member Posts: 181
    I just posted a thread yesterday with my first impressions after our first "camping" trip with our new T@b. You might find that helpful. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    @Photomom, just feel free to ask. We love talking to visitors and showing off ourT@Bby pretty much anywhere - at the camp, at a gas station, grocery store parking lot, etc. Many other t@bbers do too. Having said that, all within reason - if we were asked at some inopportune time for us (which never happened to us - was it luck or Southern politeness here in GA?), we'd simply state that it is not a good time and offer a different time /way to the interested party to get insights they seek. 
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    If someone walked up and said they were interested in buying one or were about to order one, I'd have all the time in the world for them as long as I wasn't packing up to hit the road or some other totally inconvenient time.
  • Options
    TaBFanTaBFan Member Posts: 41
    Wondered if anyone had taken a picture of both interior sides and had a wrap made for the outside showing what it looked like on the inside? No one would need to "take a look inside". :-)  Ha.....didn't think so.
    2014 Wrangler Sahara & 99 Jeep 4dr Sport TV. Interests are Photography, fishing & rod building, woodworking, hotrods (73VW rat rod "DasStuka") and Camping. 
  • Options

I was in McCormick's Creek State Park for the past week and a half.  The first night, even before I could remember where I put the brochures, I had about 20 tours before I went to bed.....and I didn't get there until around 6 pm.  WOW!  Most every day, I gave 10 to 20+ tours.  Everyone sure loved the Hoosier T@B...but I was just a few miles from Bloomington, Indiana, the home of the IU Hoosiers ;)

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited August 2015
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    sgttikisgttiki Member Posts: 92
    WARNING! Don't be fooled by "HAPPY ZOMBIES." It is a ploy; a tactic designed to lower your guard! ALWAYS, ALWAYS, keep your guard up! Zombies are ALWAYS ready to strike!
  • Options
    So is my wife. :D

• Options
    Verna said:

I was in McCormick's Creek State Park for the past week and a half.  The first night, even before I could remember where I put the brochures, I had about 20 tours before I went to bed.....and I didn't get there until around 6 pm.  WOW!  Most every day, I gave 10 to 20+ tours.  Everyone sure loved the Hoosier T@B...but I was just a few miles from Bloomington, Indiana, the home of the IU Hoosiers ;)

You must have the most friendly inviting demeanor in person if you are having to give 20 tours a day.  

Wow! That is a lot of tours. 
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Ratkity said:
    ronin718 said:
    So is my wife. :D
    Quick or a Zombie... orrrrr Zombie Quick? ;)

ALWAYS ready to strike.  :D

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I had a couple of Zombies stop by my campsite last weekend. They hollered down from their truck asking if they could be nosey. They get bonus points for asking first. They confessed they had already taken a picture so the one guy could show his wife. They were thrilled to know that they were made right there in OH. They gave NE some really helpful info about where to find a dump station and the other campgrounds, so I think it was a fair trade.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    TwinsisterTwinsister Member Posts: 3
    We just purchased our T@B 2 weeks ago. We went to a movie, and walked to get something to eat. When we returned to our parked trailer, a couple was waiting for us to return. They had already measured the unit!  Lovely couple, and we did give them the tour. Makes me laugh wondering how long they sat in wait. 
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    We are tenting at Rollins Pond in the ADKs this week and have spotted a red and white T@B from Massachusetts a few sites away. Alas, we never saw the T@Bbers, despite driving and walking by a few times!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I do carry photos, as well as buying information.  I have for years.  However, the photos are in the first upper cabinet.  I have to open to door to get them, and it's just as easy for them to look in the door at the same time.  It's all good.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    We keep a "photo album" on both of our cell phones. Comes in handy when Tabby is not in the mood for visitors  =)
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    abenteurerabenteurer Member Posts: 72
    In the pouring rain on highway 301 in northeast Florida (northeast of Gainesville) a couple of weeks ago a guy honked his horn at me from his F250 (or so) and I thought oh Jesus my lord and savior, what's wrong with our T@B.  I rolled down my window and he shouted "it's beautiful, how much for this?".  I shouted back the price I paid.  Another guy in the same rain storm, same highway honked in his small car and gave a thumbs up, I replied (window up) with a dry thumb up.
    2016 T@B M@x S | 2015 Grand Cherokee 5.7L HEMI (awesome) with factory tow pkg | 2017 Wrangler Sahara (awesome) 4-dr with factory max tow pkg
  • Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    Also, don't let a zombie look while preparing a meal. Sometimes they never shut up. We learned that the hard way!
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    kybob - Learned that lesson - Thought they'd shut up and let me eat - Nope
  • Options
    GlennBeckGlennBeck Member Posts: 71
    edited September 2015
    We had 14 the first time out.  I feel like I'm a showroom salesman, as my wife can attest.  Hard to enjoy your gin & tonic, or nice steak dinner when the zombies descend on your quiet campsite.  You're right, they roam until eye contact is made, or they smell your fear and then you're a goner!
    Glenn & Annie
    2016 T@B CS-S Max Black on Silver
    2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 

• Options
    DerecoDereco Member Posts: 89
    edited September 2015
    This thread made me think of something that comes with Tilley Hats, called brag tags. They are small endorsements, with hat details and good humor to hand out to those who ask about your hat. They are a little smaller than a business card. Would be nice if the T@Bs came with T@B tags. See here for example https://decadefour.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/bragtag1.jpg
  • Options
    Dereco said:
    This thread made me think of something that comes with Tilley Hats, called brag tags. They are small endorsements, with hat details and good humor to hand out to those who ask about your hat. They are a little smaller than a business card. Would be nice if the T@Bs came with T@B tags. See here for example https://decadefour.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/bragtag1.jpg
    After you've been camping for a while. You might have some business cards printed. It's an easy way to exchange information with those you meet. Name, hometown, email address. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN