Options

Newbie Warning - Beware of the Lurking Zombies

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I went a month without a Zombie - Finally had one yesterday in a gas station.
  • Options
    JodellRJodellR Member Posts: 67

Speaking of zombies, I had both life and death experiences this past weekend. Let me explain.   After setting up on Thursday in central Sconny, several folks from the big rigs came over to talk and gawk.  Not one, but two different ladies said "wow, if something ever happened to my husband, I would totally want something like this" And another one said once their St. Bernard passes, they would get something smaller-like my camper.   It made me feel both sad and happy.  Sad because they were waiting until someone died-but also happy that the T@b community is full of people celebrating living small, diving in, figuring it out and just going for it-no matter the weather, the setbacks, etc.

Now for the Life part.  Was getting gas on the way back home to Minney, and met up with a zombie. He complimented the trailer, chatted about my Replacements t-shirt, and the fact he was listening to them that morning, found we both worked in the same area. Lots of coincidences.   His last words were "Buy a lottery ticket, today is your lucky day!  As I made my way on Hwy 94, I came upon a huge multi-vehicle accident-several rollovers, lots of sirens just getting there and cops on their way. I figured it had happened 3 or 4 minutes earlier. Just about the amount of time it took for the zombie and me to shoot the breeze. Hope the people are okay, but I agree, it was my lucky day.

2015 Yellow/White T@b Max S, 2015 Navy Blue VW Tiguan TV, 2 yr English Bulldog navigator
  • Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    I got fed a fabulous meal by a zombie group over the weekend. Which was fabulous because it was getting late and I had reconciled myself to a bowl of cereal. They had been out scalloping! So tour of the T@B scored a fresh scallop dinner! Winner!
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    WTG @Tardistravel360!! @JodellR, wow, who've thunk a zombie may have saved your life!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Winner,winner, scallop dinner! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited September 2016
    Gol darn! Zombies! They're everywhere!

Assateague. They're getting a little out of hand.
    Our zombie only left us horse poop.
    And a lot of flies...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Chan, 'Ya weren't supposed to let him in! :o
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Had a weird one - Was traveling alongside an Amtrac train in MT and people in the observation car were taking pictures of the T@B - there was nothing else they could have been taking pictures of - took a mile or so to figure out what those bright flash were though.
  • Options
    PXL, The flashes were all the good ideas 'ya forgot about while you were @ the tire store!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    That's also a possibitity :-)
  • Options
    Just keep those flashes comin'! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    edited September 2016
    PXlated, are you sure the people in the train were the ones doing the flashing?  =)
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
     ;) 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
  • Options
    How do you think he gets the lighting on those night photographs he takes??? :wink:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    Dang, other than all the neighbors getting a tour when I first brought her home, I haven't had any zombies 'attack' M@bel when I'm out.  Of course, I'm usually boondocking in the mountains...and maybe I look like a zombie killer...  :-)
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    Smullis7, Trust me, sooner or later they WILL find you!
    Ratkity, Do you really want to know? :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Last week I was painting the front porch and covered with sweat and paint smudges when a couple from down the street stopped by. They had apparently been eyeballing the T@B all summer waiting to see one of us out in the yard. Of course I gave them the tour.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Gas stations and grocery store parking lots are the worst Zombie breeding grounds I've concluded.
  • Options
    ericnliz said:
    Smullis7, Trust me, sooner or later they WILL find you!
    Ratkity, Do you really want to know? :o
    My mind has already lost a few brain cells from PXL's mental images... them pink flamingo skivies about did me in!! :lol:
  • Options
    Ratkity, Now you know why he didn't see any bears in bear country! They took one look, and laughed so hard they left. =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    My son and a friend of his restored a vintage teardrop for me in 2005. (I gave it to my son when we got the T@B.) I gave a lot of tours, but I also made a little square hand-out for times I didn't want to give a tour or didn't have time to. Sometimes I left a little cardboard box full of them on the fender when going into a store or restaurant. I'm attaching the PDF file that I made...it made 2 per sheet of paper - I just cut down the middle and folded. I haven't made one for the T@B yet, but I am giving it serious thought.
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    Now Judy, that's awesome!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    Sorry for the stuttering malfunction. Was trying to say thank you. 
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    Justjudy, No worries, happens to the best of us! And you are very welcome. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    What stuttering?  I don't see any...... ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna, Not stuttering in my case, arthritic joints that get stuck!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    Verna, Not stuttering in my case, arthritic joints that get stuck!
    Yeah, I know about that. There's more metal in my index finger than bone!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    As long as it still works, right? ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Partly. As long as it doesn't hurt sometimes is more important. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN