Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site! #3

Comments

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,274
    edited October 2021
    Moved on to Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky. Nice big, open sites.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Rodent77Rodent77 Member Posts: 79
    SusanD said:
    Englishman River Falls Provincial Park, Beautiful BC!You do have basically the same set up! So cool....

2021 T@B320 S - 2013 Ridgeline - Ont. Can

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! What A RIDE!!”  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @BrianZ - I’ve said it before, I think Virginia has some of the nicest parks!  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    @BrianZ ... In a different life, my wife and I ran a 50K in that park several times predating our T@B ownership. Stayed in the group cabins. Great trails! Didn't even think of it as a place to camp. Thanks for the heads-up and fantastic pictures that bring back memories.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited October 2021
    I don't recall any group cabins at Holliday Lake, @AnOldUR, but group lodges are available at the following VA state parks:  Bear Creek Lake, Claytor Lake, Douthat, Fairy Stone, Hungry Mother, James River, Kiptopeke, Lake Anna, Natural Tunnel, Occoneechee, Shenandoah River, Twin Lakes and Westmoreland.  Could it have been one of these?  I recall seeing a large group lodge at Douthat, one of our favorites & one of the original VA state parks, with a nice lake & dam.

Yes, I do recall you saying that before, @Sharon_is_SAM!  We can thank FDR and his Civilian Conservation Corps program during the great depression of the 1930's..  They developed what became the first six of Virginia's state parks, in addition to various national parks, including Virginia's Shenandoah National Park, Skyline Drive & the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Before the CCC, Virginia had no state parks (not that I was around back then ;) ), and now there are 23 that offer camping (plus others).  We've been to all of them in the last 4 years since we got our T@B.

PS:  The CCC also helped develop Pocahontas State Park here in Chesterfield County, our closest state park where we first took our T@B for its maiden overnight, just 25 minutes from home.  Pocahontas Park is also  home to the CCC museum.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    BrianZ said:
    I don't recall any group cabins at Holliday Lake, @AnOldUR ....

hmmm, it looks like the same park, but age and time may have me confused. Did some Googling. Both locations are Appomattox, VA, but the spelling is different. Strange that the campground you stayed at is "Holliday Lake", but the lake is "Holiday Lake". We stayed in the bunkhouses at the Holiday Lake 4H Camp. Looks to be a different location on the same lake.
    Check out the results from 20 years ago (2002). That 5th place was the best I did there. Not sure I could walk that far anymore. Like I said, another life, but now that I know I can take my T@B there, we will return for the memories. Thanks again!

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited October 2021
    Glad you solved the mystery @AnOldUR !  We passed signs for the 4H Center on our way & could see some of the 4H facilities across the lake from the state park side and from our kayak when we paddled past the 4H peninsula.  It's located at the end of the road at bottom left on my map.
    I'm impressed that you could run a 50K & the top times are very impressive, including yours!  And you've done it 5 times - wow!  And now I know what the "UR" means, and the "U" is well-deserved.  I've never been a runner, but the longest organized hike we've ever done was a 20K Volksmarch event in the Alps when I was stationed in Augsburg, Germany in the mid-80's.
    I never noticed that spelling discrepancy between park & lake names.  I wonder if the state park did that to avoid confusion with the 4H facilities.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    Rodent77Rodent77 Member Posts: 79
    Our 4 camping spots this year,,,one even had a pool...lol

2021 T@B320 S - 2013 Ridgeline - Ont. Can

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! What A RIDE!!”  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

• Options
    freebyrd73freebyrd73 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2021
    Fort Parker State Park, TX
  • Options
    K_C_915K_C_915 Member Posts: 34
    We spent a weekend in December at Picacho State Park, Arizona again.
    Our Christmas T@b

Our dishwashing station. I put a counter height folding table near the outdoor shower faucet and now have a paper towel roll on the T@b's bumper.  Also, it is a great place to hang the trash bag.
    Sure beats the old tent camping days of heating up the water on the stove and bending over a picnic bench to wash dishes

2021 T@b 320 S Boondock
    2020 F150 2.7l V6 Turbo
    Tucson, Arizona
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    River RV Park, Valdosta, GA

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Thousand Trails Orlando, Clermont, FL

This guy is living in a hole right next to my campsite

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    IndyParrotheadIndyParrothead Member Posts: 16
    Stone Mountain Park, Stone Mountain, GA = Site 151 Nice site, close to the bath house, BUT had to walk down a steep hill to get there.

Jeff & Janie weekending in our 2021 T@B 400 Boondock pushing a 2022 Ford F-150 3.5L twin turbo.
  • Options
    IndyParrotheadIndyParrothead Member Posts: 16
    Come on out to Utah. We’ve got a couple of steep “hills” for you here, too! Lol. A little envious of your Southern weather as our 400 is still snowed-in next to our house. Enjoy!
    Jeff & Janie weekending in our 2021 T@B 400 Boondock pushing a 2022 Ford F-150 3.5L twin turbo.
  • Options
    Fort Wilderness, Disney World, Bay Lake, FL, Site 1830

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL