Options

New SS Sink, Faucet and Hepvo Valve

ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
edited January 2022 in Modifications & Upgrades
I recently updated my funky little plastic faucet and sink with these items as posted by another T@B owner in the T@B Camping Trailers group of Facebook.
The drain pipe was a little tricky and I had someone help me with adding a rubber hose with pipe clamps. I used a flex drain pipe so that I could connect without alot of connections, cutting and gluing. Other than that, everything fit in easily, no cutting or drilling; the sizes fit perfectly! I'm still considering a microwave under the sink but not sure I want to give up the storage.

2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ

Comments

• Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    Nicely done @ReenieG!  I keep looking at my plastic sink and awkward faucets and thinking one of these days...
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,274
    edited January 2022
    fstop32 said:
    Nicely done @ReenieG!  I keep looking at my plastic sink and awkward faucets and thinking one of these days...

I agree. Great job @ReenieG! For me, @fstop32's "one of these days" was today. I also really hated the plastic sink. Never will figure out why nuCamp uses high quality stuff in most places, yet included that ugly thing. Still need another trip to Home Depot for a drain connection I forgot. (Wouldn't be the same if any project only took one trip.) My sink came from Home Depot, but I used the same Crea faucet from Amazon. We liked it because the spigot pulls out so you can use it for things like filling pots on the stove.
    before and after shots

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    @AnOldUR nice!! And yes, multiple trips to HD... the store I love to hate, lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    To end this thread hijack :s here's my finished plumbing under the sink. @ReenieG, your pictures and comments were a great help. I hate plumbing and gluing PVC was not something I was interested in. I copied the rubber sleeves w/ hose clamps that you used. They were a lifesaver! They allowed me to swing the trap back out of the way from where the factory had it. Maybe not as much as your horizontal hepov valve, but it did make the space under the sink more usable. I have the trailer hooked up to city water. So far so good. No leaks!

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited January 2022
    Ok, now I've got another must-do....

The sink has bothered me from the beginning... And I like that faucet! 

One question... Will winterizing (blow out method) the faucet hose be tricky? Or does it separate at that connector?

Thanks!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    ChanW said:
    Or does it separate at that connector?
    Yes, the pull out hose separates at the inline disconnect for installation. It would be very easy to disconnect and let the water drain out.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    @AnOldUR I first tried gluing everything in line with a repair fitting suggested by the Home Depot guy. It leaked like a sieve, so a friend suggested that rubber hose clamp and fixed the leaky in line pipe. It would have been easier to simply use that first. I was extremely lucky I had just enough pipe after those second cuts to add the rubber fitting!
  • Options
    Ok. Thanks OldUR. Looks like a winter project...

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    DesertDwellerDesertDweller Member Posts: 129
    Is there some magic to seeing @ReenieG 's images in the first post?  I am only seeing a placeholder and when I click on one I get a message about a URL having expired.  
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite a/k/a "The D@wghouse"
    2012 Jeep Liberty KK a/k/a "Libby"
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @DesertDweller - are you accessing the forum via the Vanilla URL?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    @Sharon_is_SAM Same problem, and yes, via https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/14778/new-ss-sink-faucet-and-hepvo-valve

ipad Air3, ios 14.8.1, Safari. In my case, the placeholders say things like “May be an image of indoor”. No issues with other photos in this thread or elsewhere on the forum, just the ones from ReenieG.

2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM I can see the images in the subsequent posts, just not the first post.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Same here @VictoriaP.  Hmmm.  I have contacted Vanilla about some text spacing issues and now this!  Maybe they are training a new crew😂. I will let them know about this issue as well.  Is it a full moon?
  • Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM
    Getting close to a full moon!  The 17th
    https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/
  • Options
    Haha!  I powered down and rebooted and now I can’t see any photos in the first post.  Very weird.  
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hey guys... I have NO idea what's happening with the pics but hopefully reposting cleared this up!
  • Options
    Looks fine now😁
  • Options
    GREAT! THANKS!! :)
  • Options
    My wife came back from shopping with this cutting board/strainer combination. It's a very stable fit. My one worry is heat from the stove melting it, but beside that it could make for some more usable cooking prep space. What do you think, keep or return?

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    @AnOldUR, I like that idea!  Knowing myself as I do I'll probably have to find a suitable strainer and a piece of cutting board material and go custom-made.
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    AnOldUR said:
    My wife came back from shopping with this cutting board/strainer combination. It's a very stable fit. My one worry is heat from the stove melting it, but beside that it could make for some more usable cooking prep space. What do you think, keep or return?

I’d be way too concerned about heat from the stove with that setup. I went with this Camco model sink cover instead (original sink still), doesn’t have that excellent colander, but the fit is adjustable to most small sinks, and it doesn’t come close to the stove.

2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited January 2022
    AnOldUR said:

@AnOldUR where did your wife find it, make and model number please…. Or if you decide to return it, I will buy it from you and pay shipping.  =)
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Denny16 said:
    Where did your wife find it, make and model number please…. Or if you decide to return it, I will buy it from you and pay shipping. 
    It came from Bed Bath and Beyond for $30, but with the coupons and promo's that she loves to accumulate, it was $20. Looks like we'll be keeping it. Another nice thing about it is that the strainer is both removable and collapsible so it stores flat. Should hide out of the way under one of the side bench cushions when not in use.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Well now, to return this thread back to the o.p.'s subject-matter....  ;)

Received the Crea faucet, and installed it. Easy peasy!

Nice quality faucet - includes needed brass adapters for the supply lines, and a small multi-wrench to hand-tighten the supply ends. 5 year warranty seems good.

Only one little surprise, there was no center hole in our countertop, under the old faucet, so it was necessary to dig out my right angle drill adapter. I happened to have a 1¼" spade bit with cutting spurs, so was able to drill the hole through the countertop,  adding just a bit of extra wobbling to ream the hole out wider (the faucet calls for a 1.3" hole).

Worked a treat. Faucet slipped in there nice and neat, with plenty of room to clear the window (oops! I haven't tried pulling down the shade yet!)

I did not install the weight on the hose inside the cupboard. No wish to break the dishes in the cupboard while bouncing down the highway, and retracting the hose manually is fine with me. I think the magnet should keep it pulled in while going down the road.

Next will be the sink.

Thanks again for the inspiration, @ReenieG.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    @ChanW, you're too fast for me!  I did want to mention to you and @ReenieG something about that style of faucet with a pull out sprayer.  You want to make sure the sprayer head always stays tightly screwed to the supply hose.  If it becomes loose it will leak water during use and it will run backwards down the faucet tube and into your sink cabinet.  A previous neighbor had drywall falling off the ceiling in the basement and I tracked the problem down to that spray head being loose.  During use water would run backwards down the tube into the sink base and from there to parts unknown (until it showed up in the drywall below).  The spray head gets a lot of twisting motion when it's being used and can over time start to unscrew.  
    I'm not knocking the choice of faucet, I love that style and when I get into that project that is the exact faucet I will install.  Just wanted to pass along the possible leak issue.
    Happy Trails!
  • Options
    VictoriaP said:
    AnOldUR said:

I’d be way too concerned about heat from the stove with that setup. I went with this Camco model sink cover instead (original sink still), doesn’t have that excellent colander, but the fit is adjustable to most small sinks, and it doesn’t come close to the stove.

That's the one I have and it fits perfectly over the sink! I like the little cutout. At first I didn't think I would. I aim the faucet right over the cutout so any little remaining drips go in the sink!

• Options
    Thanks Dave, I'll look into tightening it up, maybe with a touch of Loc-Tite.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @Sharon_is_SAM, is this the weird spacing problem that you're working on with Vanilla? (seems to happen after specifically the very-last-in-the-posting html code - like italic or bold or a link to a user - note the line-feed or Break after the bolded word)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    @ChanW - we were seeing large empty gaps underneath the body of a text post.  We were also seeing a space after “calling” someone using the @.  Your example of the text skipping down a line is a new one.  Geeze - what next!  Here we go again!