Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site!

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    My site selection is often based on what I will be doing. If I just need a place to lay my head, it doesn't have to be beautiful, especially if I am arriving late and leaving early. If I am going to spend some time in the T@b, beautiful is nice.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    JodellRJodellR Member Posts: 67

Hey Terry and Jody, Willow River is one of my favorites! Great place for your Shakedown.  To jkjenn's point, the most important thing is to pick somewhere that makes it easy to just get camping.  I am on the west side of the Twin Cities, so only 1 hour gets me to Willow River after work.  The 300 campground has lots of pretty wooded sites, and they are just small/big enough for the T@b, but not so big that you can get obscured by the big rigs. They stick to the 100 and 200 areas.  I travel back near Appleton to see my family, so maybe we can trade ideas closer to there.  Wissota State Park has been a great place for me as well just off Hwy 29.

(Another) Jody

2015 Yellow/White T@b Max S, 2015 Navy Blue VW Tiguan TV, 2 yr English Bulldog navigator
  • Options
    SaveFerrisSaveFerris Member Posts: 4

Turkey Springs near Pagosa Springs, Colorado

Not a great picture, but it was a great weekend.
    2006 T@B T-16Q, 2016 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    Thanks to everyone for all of the great photos! I'm learning a lot and just made a trip today to Bankston Motor Homes in Huntsville to start looking at T@bs. Hopefully in the next three or four months I will be posting my own pics!  Dave

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    RedufresneRedufresne Member Posts: 100
    At Interlake campground in NY, waiting for siblings and there spouses to join us.  Life is good.

B@t T@b, the 2016 Max S Outback, pulled by Bane, the 2014 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    lara9209lara9209 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2016

At Skokomish Park Lake Cushman near Hoodsport, WA. LOVELY super-quiet week filled with hiking & kayaking.

Moderator Note: this post has been edited to reduce the size of the photo.

John & Lisa, 2016 M@x S, Silver/Yellow, Hood Canal, WA, TV = 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Nice looking fire going there! And your kayak matches your T@B. Love it!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    lara9209lara9209 Member Posts: 45
    Ratkity said:
    Nice looking fire going there! And your kayak matches your T@B. Love it!
    Thanks! ... yes, there is also a blue one that doesn't match behind the yellow one ;-)

John & Lisa, 2016 M@x S, Silver/Yellow, Hood Canal, WA, TV = 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    St George Island Florida...t Go
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Nice set-up, have fun! B)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    St George Island Florida...t Go
    How hot was it inside the side tent? I just got a gently used side tent that I have not used. Familiar with the FL heat, I am afraid it will be too hot inside to be worth putting up in my new CA/AZ heat at this time of year. It is also mostly for the dogs to have shade...any thoughts? I also have the XL visor and a cottonwood.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    edited May 2016
    It is a litte hot in the worst of the day.  But we are fishing during the day.  In late evening we turn A/C on high and reverse fan and open side window into tent.   Get a perfect 75-80 degrees for dinner...

i agree the visor Is better, but buddy sleeping in the tent...
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    Maiden voyage-shakedown. Amateur weekend, May 28-30 and yes, we are them. First camp set up Wayne County Fairgrounds, Belleville, Michigan. This is the rest of my DragonsFly crew: husband Jim, great nephews William and Michael. We have been helping to care for them since 2006. 4 in a T@b is possible but you have to be really tolerant of each other. The boys will turn 10 and 11 this summer when we plan to travel the west and southwest. They think the T@b is great. If it meets with their approval we'll be ok. Quiet campground. No activities. Just a place to park. Electric or full hookups. Interesting walk to the facilities, past the horse and swine barns. And zombies. PLAted need the secret handshake! Happy holiday.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Options

• Options
    Greetings to the Memorial Day T@B shakedown family! Young boy approval is a bonus :) I see a possible side tent in the future. I hope it isn't as miserable hot out there as it is in the DC metro area. Have a great weekend!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    @Ratkity , yeah, who turned on the heat?

We usually skip this weekend as well, but it is great to see so many out having a good time int heir T@B's.  I could say that it is the perfect weekend to just chill out, but I needed to get stuff done.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    @Ratkity not so hot here. 85/90 and breezy enough to be comfy. We're flying kites, and of course, entertaining zombies. Didn't know there could be so many in such a small place n but always happy to be T@bbing. 
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    edited May 2016
    Memorial Day weekend at Tugaloo SP on the GA side of the Lake Hartwell

2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Oh wow! Memories there Machak88!! Loved going to Lake Hartwell when attending Clemson (SC). Beautiful Memorial Day setup.

*secretly lines up her T@Bitha behind Cyclonic's to see if he notices he's about to scrub another*

@dragonsdofly w00h00 kites!!? Dad used to make us kiddos kites all the time in the summer - many good memories there! Glad you are undeterred by zombies. Sounds like a good weekend up there!
  • Options
    What an awesome location @Machak88

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Beautiful Machak88! But too many trees to fly kites. Enjoy! Plz the rest of you post up some pics.  We can never get enough! 
  • Options
    annphillips6annphillips6 Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2016
    A little slice of heaven in Parkdale, OR

Ann Logan Phillips
    West Seattle, USA
  • Options
    JBickJBick Member Posts: 6
    lara9209 said:

At Skokomish Park Lake Cushman near Hoodsport, WA. LOVELY super-quiet week filled with hiking & kayaking.

Moderator Note: this post has been edited to reduce the size of the photo.

That looks great. We are headed there on Wednesday for a 4 night stay.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Allegany State Park, Memorial Day weekend 2016. Great camping trip, and we are officially T@Bbers!

So glad we got the awning. We had a small fan running in there and it was cool and bug free.

DH grilling pizza our last night.

John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Nice setup.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Nice shots, Photomom! I *need* that awning!!! *dr00l*
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    We had our doubts since it looks like rain would pool on top, but it has rained every day we had it out and very little water collects there. Last weekend I had to pack it wet and spread it out to dry at home but this weekend we took it down the day before we left when it was dry. In the future I need to take a contractor bag to stuff it in when it has to be packed wet. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Arrived Memorial Day as the crowds pulled out. For those who wonder if the T@B 5,000 btu AC can keep up in HIGH temps, I would say that is a yes (connected to shore power). At 9:39 am it was 103 degrees outside and a comfortable 73 inside the T@B (see pic). I did put some foam insulation tape around three sides of the AC unit as I could see daylight all the way around it. At the top, I slid a metal "caution yard sign" gently bent in half by hand (from the Lowes sign section) into the top between the AC unit and wooden frame. This fills the daylight gap there and also serves as a deflector, directing the cold air down into the cabin. I have always been a bit frustrated that my valuable cold air shoots up to the ceiling (regardless of how I spin that wheel) instead of down onto me or the dogs where I need it. Problem solved, happy!  @Lake Havasu, CA side. 
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Uhhh...the garbage can.
This discussion has been closed.