Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site!

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Nice - My kind of camping...
    Recording your lat/long so you can share? :-)
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    TerryV6 said:
    One question... In some of pictures here, I'm seeing the hitch wheel removed and the camper is supported by the stabilizers.   I've left mine on after disconnecting from the TV.  I was told to use the stabs to do just that, stabilize, and not to take the weight of the camper.  Was I told wrong, or is this just a preference?
    @TerryV6 , if you are referring to my picture from Wallace State Park, it is a little deceiving looking.  The jack is not down there because I was still hitched.  I remained hitch that evening as I was rolling out the next morning and was already fairly level in the spot.  I still have three points of support this way, and the stabilizers are just keeping the T@B steady.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Geeeesh Terry, I'm gonna call you "Eagle Eyes"! LOL. I didn't notice the jack or stabilizers. I twas lookin' at dat scenery!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Do the same (hitched) for overnighters or when I'm shooting and not going anywhere. Used the lego blocks to get level if need be. Half the time they're under the Jeep tires to raise the tongue.
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    No offense intended...  Still learning from the vets here...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    PXLated said:
    Do the same (hitched) for overnighters or when I'm shooting and not going anywhere. Used the lego blocks to get level if need be. Half the time they're under the Jeep tires to raise the tongue.
    I am kinda the opposite, I don't do it that often because I am usually going somewhere outside the campground after I get there.  Did it a few times this trip though.

Did see something interesting, while parked at an amusement park, the camper that came in next to me (also a coaster enthusiast) dropped his tongue jack to the ground, presumably to relieve some of the stress from the TV.  I never did catch up with him to ask about it.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    TerryV6 said:
    No offense intended...  Still learning from the vets here...
    I absolutely enjoy your posts and mods!! I'm learning from you!! :lightbulb:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Really?  I'm just scouring the various sites for ideas.  On our last trip, we learned the lesson of the back cabinets opening and things in disarray at our journey's end.  I have a bungee holding them shut for now, but I'll look for a more elegant solution.  I saw a built in lift out tray idea for the drivers side bench.  Still have to find an appropriate mesh to hold things in, In the back.  Most of this stuff is here or on the yahoo site.  My wife also scans the area on Facebook.  Sunday I watched a bunch of related videos.  The long honeymoon couple has some good stuff.  Subscribe.  I watched one on Walmart parking.  Also,  lots of things on Pinterest...  I'm working on a easily attachable/removable screen to put on the windows on the inside to improve bug control.  Last weekend, during the late evening, I pulled out my tablet to read a novel.  Screen soon was a bug mashed mess...

I figure, if there is a need, someone somewhere has done something about it already.  Have to look and get lucky using the right search word...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Somehow I forgot to take a photo of my site at the KOA near Six Flags St Louis, but here is the Outback that rolled in overnight.

Nice folks, on the tail end of a month long adventure out west and headed back to Georgia.

I didn't ask why, but oddly this Outback had a standard T@B tongue box.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    edited June 2016
    This weekend in Lake Chelan for a bike ride. Only 2 T@Bs in the whole place,  what were the odds of being side by side?  Picked our reservation spot months ago. :)

Bike racks are working great BTW.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    In 21 months I've only been in a campground with another T@B three times.
  • Options
    @TerryV6, if you find a solution to your cabinet spewing things out while you drive, let me know. I have one cabinet that does that (the others behave). I think it's possessed! For now, I have a hair tie wrapped around the knob and it hooks to a clear small 3M command hook under the cabinet (this is the right kitchen cabinet). 
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    In 21 months I've only been in a campground with another T@B three times.
    That was the first one I ran into in two years.  This trip I also ran into a T@G and two home built teardrops.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Continuing on, we moved to southern Indiana, Holiday World, and Lake Rudolph next door.  Had a very nice site by the lake, even sprung for the concrete pad, though it was not level, it slanted back at least 10°.  Once again, we could see the roller coasters from the site.  Sunrise on the morning of departure was spectacular.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Cyclonic, I have been wondering why you hadn't visited Holiday World. Now you can put Indiana on your map ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VERY beautiful Cyclonic!! That pict is a keeper :) Do you keep a scrapbook of coaster + T@B picts?
  • Options
    Love COE - Always on water
  • Options
    Cyclonic, picture really captures a mood or feeling.  I'm not sure we get up early enough to see those sunrises.  Ahhh, that's what it looks like... Time for coffee....
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Spending the long holiday weekend at the Williamsburg Christian Retreat Center. Great little campground, open to anyone, full hookups, inexpensive for the area.  I had just the visor up first, but they are calling for rain off and on the next couple of days.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Cyclonic said:
    Continuing on, we moved to southern Indiana, Holiday World, and Lake Rudolph next door.  Had a very nice site by the lake, even sprung for the concrete pad, though it was not level, it slanted back at least 10°.  Once again, we could see the roller coasters from the site.  Sunrise on the morning of departure was spectacular.

Your picture here inspired me to book Lake Rudolph/Holiday World for the weekend before Tearstock. I'll be there 1 week from today! (I don't think I have a lake site, but do have a concrete site). I can't wait! Quick question, is there a sidewalk going to Holiday World, or is it down the road a bit? I know there is a shuttle, but may bring the ECV. Infinitely easier to drive the ECV down a sidewalk than loading it on an accessible bus.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    wanderingchickof66wanderingchickof66 Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2016

First Landing State Park, VA. Took the picture while I was 
    packing up so the awning was already down.

Pam - Blandon, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S (Miss Daisy) towed by a 2014 GMC Acadia
  • Options
    FiresprinkFiresprink Member Posts: 3
    First time out in our new Outback.
    We didn't venture too far from home only about 25 miles. Pretty happy with the little t@b. She's done us proud.The furkids love it!
    Everett, WA

2017- t@b Max S Outback - White/Black Trim
    2014- Chevy Silverado Rally II Edition - White/Black Trim

"Keep Calm and Rescue a Boston"
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    What Campground are you showing pictures of! We are headed that way[from Spokane] in August, and are always looking for new places to enjoy. Thanks, Eric
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    MrAmazonMrAmazon Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2016

Tucked in sideways amongst the big rigs
    2016 T@B silver Sofitel/Outback combo, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport TV, Kernersville N.C.
  • Options
    Luv the sideways tuck and privacy you made!
  • Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    That's a little too close for comfort. We like our wide open spaces out West.
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

Knoll Lake Arizona July 3, 2016.  Absolutely love my Hobie Cat i9s inflatable kayak with Mirage Drive (use your feet to propel, not your upper body).  Folds up for transport.  Inflates with the hand pump in under five minutes.  Is that a tidy campsite, or what?  Almost as clean as PXLated's.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options

Your picture here inspired me to book Lake Rudolph/Holiday World for the weekend before Tearstock. I'll be there 1 week from today! (I don't think I have a lake site, but do have a concrete site). I can't wait! Quick question, is there a sidewalk going to Holiday World, or is it down the road a bit? I know there is a shuttle, but may bring the ECV. Infinitely easier to drive the ECV down a sidewalk than loading it on an accessible bus.
    There is a walkway that runs along the shuttle bus drive that you should be able to use. 

The only difficulty I see could be the man gate between the campground and the park's parking lot.  It is over a dirt path with a steep hill to the parking lot.

You may be able to talk to the bus drivers who might just open the bus gate for you and allow you to roll in ahead of them first, you could then just roll off to the side and they can pass through.

We walked over to the park just once, but it was so stinking hot that the air conditioned buses were a nice relief each time afterwards.

Nice campground, very large.  They rent golf carts but you cannot bring your own.  We spoke to the manager, who had set up a "Comfort Center" for ACE members at the convention, as many were staying there, with water and snacks.  Nice guy who was very interested in how our stay was, how the site was, and how it compared to other amusement park campgrounds.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    DerecoDereco Member Posts: 89
    Past weekend at Terra Nova National Park, Newfoundland, Canada. Nice park, lots of hiking, kids activities, in boreal forest and on ocean's edge (sheltered inlet). Picture does not do park justice, but the T@b looks good. ;) 
This discussion has been closed.