Options

New 400 Model T@B?

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    The cool cat in the 400 is a heat pump, it is the same cool cat placed in the 320, but it is enclosed and there is duct work to move the air through the unit.  It is a higher BTU then the regular A/C units in the 320s.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    Fred & Donna, Yes, as Nathan has pointed out, the 400 is equipped with the same Cool Cat heat pump as your 320, and has an upgraded thermostat. 
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    Justin_in_SeattleJustin_in_Seattle Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2017
    Hi all,
    Right after I had posted my question about the 400 air conditioning BTU rating, it occurred to me to also send the same question to nuCamp, just in case. Here's nuCamp's reply:
    <div>Good Morning..</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>Our Tab 400 air conditioner’s BTU rating is 13,500.</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>If you have any further questions please let us know.</div>
    Hmm, I wonder if that's strong enough to visit Arizona in the summertime?
    2018 nuCamp T@B 400  +  2016 BMW X1 tow vehicle
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Thanks SKWHEE AND CYCLONIC  for the clarification.  I have been wearing out all the info that I can find trying to figure it out before ours gets here.  Trying to get up to speed on the new to us Alde system also. 

Thanks , Fred and Donna
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    Hey Justin,  We are based in NE Oklahoma and camp in this area and Arkansas.  Our current 320 has the Cool Cat and we have many 100 degree days with humidity, and the Cool Cat kept us cool.  Usually set the thermo Cool Cat and use the heat in the heat pump for the heat.  Ran the Atwood a couple times to make sure it works. 
  • Options
    our 320 with Cool Cat heatpump came with a gray vinyl snap on outside grill cover.  Does anyone know if the 400 gets this cover also.  We use it to cover the a/c grill when we tow.  Thanks, atlasb
  • Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    Yes the 400 gets the cover. I have not tried it while towing it only has 4 snaps
    Wayne
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
    Hi Wayne.  We got the cover with our 320, also with only 4 snaps.  I added 1 snap (Male and female) part in the center of each side.  had to space the male part on the grill up with washers to get clearance.  We tow with it in place and like it.  Do remember to remove it before you start the A/C though.  Would be nice if NU Camp would add the extra snaps!  Fred
  • Options
    Wayne,  just noticed your Tow veh.  We also have the 16 frontier crew cab SV but ours is 2wd.  Have K&N filter and XTP Intake manifold spacer for a little extra.  How do you like towing with the Frontier.  Waiting to see how ours does with our  400 also. I had 400# weight in the bed next to gate and only lost 1" in ball height. 
  • Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    atlasb,  With a full tank of water i had 480 lbs of tongue weight   Tongue height dropped 2.5 inches and I had evidence of the axle bottoming against the stops with stock springs. I added 1000 lb rubber Sumo springs and am happy with them.  Our Frontier is a 4l with k&n filter. TV size was governed by our garage.  It would be nice with wider mirrors but I can see the rear through the back window.  Handling thumbs up.  Power is adequate.   2700 miles under the keel at this time
    Wayne
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up Wayne,  We normally don't load water as we pretty well stay at COE or State camps.  We are in the same boat on the size of garage.  We have a 25X30 Steel master arch type shop and glad I put a 10' wide 9' tall door in when we built it.  Currently re setting the shop to make room for the 400.  practicing parking on an angle to give the extra room.  Too many toys in side.  Looking at a 40' shipping container for the extra room.  Am considering the Timbren rubber spring set as I have heard good things about them.  Thanks again for the info.  Fred
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    To get back on topic, this discussion was originally started back in 2016 when the first TaB400 in Europe was released, and many expressed interest in having the TaB400 available in North America.  By mid 2017 (2018 TaB400 model) the TaB400 became available in North America.  

Back in 2019 a new discussion was started about seeing a larger TaB400, along the line of the TaB400XL in Europe.  Now we are at the end of 2021, much has happened with nüCamp, the TaB400 was a success, but nüCamp’s attempt with a larger luxury trailer, the Avia was dropped this year, and the new, smaller Barefoot was added, with production likely to start in 2022.

So I do not see nüCamp coming out with a larger or much different TaB400 than what is being currently made.  Most of the often requested improvements, like a larger front Tub, have been made.  We might still see more small changes, but the big change for 2022 is the new one piece compost floor assembly being used on 2022 year model TaBs.  It is good to see construction details improved, and previous issues solved.

Here is to nüCamp having a grand new year in 2022.  Happy camping everyone, and stay safe.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    mtbmitchmtbmitch Member Posts: 3
    At some point it's no longer a teardrop other than by silhouette. IMO the 400 is at that tipping point.
    If you want something bigger with more amenities you'll have to abandon the teardrop mystique.
    Does anyone know if the teardrop-shaped Tab 400 would be more efficient to tow than a fairly boxy Lance 1575?  The Tab looks aerodynamically "slippery", so does that make it easier to maintain highway speed with less energy?

Here in western WA there are a lot of mountains nearby, so a trailer that that can be towed up the mountain passes at 60mph without redlining the TV engine would be nice. ;-)
    TABaker said: 
    I used to envision the Lance 1575 as my possible retirement trailer if I decided to be on the road months at a time, so I thought I'd share my thoughts.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, TABaker!

The gap between the tow vehicle and front of the trailer is the biggest cause of poor fuel mileage. The front end like the Inntech Sol would help out mileage by reducing the space between the TV and trailer.