Options

Water Tank Filling

13»

Comments

• Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    I use a 5 gallon collapsible water jug to fill my water tank when a hose is not available.  The cover on the T@B snaps out to make a small funnel.  I remove the nozzle cap from the collapsible jug and pour away.  It takes a few minutes to pour in the water and you loose some from spilling and the fact that the filler cap on the T@B is not completely leak proof.  Unless my tank is absolutely empty I find two jugs fills it up.  It is a simple system that stores well, has no moveable or looseable parts.  As long as I can comfortable lift the jug this will be my system.
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Thanks, but too heavy for me to lift and hold. I'll stick with putting a four or five gallon jug on the front diamonds plate tub and using a funnel and clear tubing to fill my tank. Easier for we weaklings ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,678
    edited May 2017
    Even easier is a filling a simple bike bottle ( or any bottle, really) and filling it up a several times from my collapsible container and using a funnel on the filler cap into the T@b.  I'm camping, not in a hurry, and I'm not hoisting a 30 pound water keg for anyone.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    HR_TalyHR_Taly Member Posts: 119
    edited May 2017
    Has anyone tried this to fill the fresh water tank from another container?  I figure for $6.99 from (as my brother calls it "Horrible Freight") you can't go too wrong in trying.

(I wouldn't typically drink out of my water tank but use it for showers and dishwashing - not sure if this might leave a taste to potable water).
    https://www.harborfreight.com/multi-use-transfer-pump-66418.html

Multi Use Transfer Pump

2018 T@B Max S silver and black (aka TadT@B), Full-timing since July 2017

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    HR, I tried it. My arm hurt after a gallon. Let me know how you fare!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options

This is the basic idea, although I have changed to 4 and 5 gallon blue jugs and added a funnel instead of the on/off fixture (the jugs have an on/off slide). Gravity is your friend, and a great help to your muscles ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,510
    Verna, we tried this system and if it wasn't for the flimsy regular tub top, we would be in business.  I agree, gravity works wonders.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @SAM, it's too bad you don't need a cutting board wide enough to cover your tub top. It would provide enough support for the stool and tub.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I may have to try that!
  • Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    Could you just put the container on the kitchen counter (if you have a front kitchen) and run the tubing out the window?
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    Oh, good idea!  We have a CS with a front counter.  Worth a try!
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    I don't know how many times @Sandiegogal and I have handed each other stuff through the window....never thought about setting something on the counter so you could use it outside.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    We home winemakers have a solution. And it's food safe. http://www.northernbrewer.com/super-transfer-pump-with-pre-filter
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York