Post up some shots of your [email protected] set-up at the camp site!

Comments

• SAMSAM Posts: 2,145Member
    edited December 2017
    Pthomas- we will check out US 60!  Thanks.
    Sharon and John - Cleveland Heights, Ohio. Blue and Silver 2017 CSS towed by a 2015 Salsa Red Toyota Sienna
  • larrygonlarrygon Posts: 223Member
    Here in northern AZ we have not had any snow yet! It has been in the high 50's and low 60's during the days. Beautiful! 
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 [email protected] [email protected] S White with Grey trim | TV 2014 3.6L Outback | Flagstaff AZ.
  • VernaVerna Posts: 4,637Administrator
    High’s in the mid 70’s, lows in the mid 40’s at the opposite end of the state, @larrygon
    Verna, Indianapolis, Indiana; 2019 [email protected] 400 Boondock Lite white/red; towed by a red 2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 TRD 4x4; [email protected] Administrator.  If not now, when?

• ericnlizericnliz Posts: 4,087Member
    So..... @BirdieJane, Turkey dinner on the menu? =) Thanks for sharing the photos!
    2016 [email protected] MAX S-aka: [email protected]
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  with,
    Ruger aka: Adventure Companion

• jgram2jgram2 Posts: 832Associate Member
    Did you actually carve out a place to rest your campstove from a snow drift or is that a snow covered picnic table? "Cool" photos!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD
    [email protected]@t 2015 S Max Outback/2006 V8 4Runner 

• BirdieJaneBirdieJane Posts: 142Member
    My wife carved a place for the stove, so we could make coffee outside.
    2017 [email protected] Outback white w black trim / 2016 Subaru Outback black / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Posts: 455Member
    And was the "cooler" keeping food from freezing?

As a matter of fact it made sure our salad did not freeze. 
    2017 [email protected] Outback white w black trim / 2016 Subaru Outback black / Birch Bay WA.
  • jgram2jgram2 Posts: 832Associate Member
    Truly way cool. Thanks for the photos-they're the only way we'll be experiencing snow camping on purpose.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD
    [email protected]@t 2015 S Max Outback/2006 V8 4Runner 

• dsatworkdsatwork Posts: 714Member
    @BirdieJane My daughters inlaws live in Lynden and had to deal with the ice storm and power outages. So you guys just head out and take your own power and heat with you.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
    Yes they had quite a mess out there. We are closer to the water, so we were spared. We enjoy camping in the winter, the Alde heat worked great. We place insulated pads on the windows overnight, and use bottled water. Works great, the floor is very cold however. I will remedy that soon. 
  • dsatworkdsatwork Posts: 714Member
    @birdiejane Is that dispersed camping or did you do they have a campsite at the trail head? I simple google search of Alpine lakes trail head was inconclusive. 
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Posts: 1,519Member
    @dsatwork and @BirdieJane my cousin has lived in Glacier for decades now and just retired in July as a Lineman. He posted pics from the Sumas area. It looks awful!
    2017 [email protected] Max S silver and cherry red, TV 2015 Toyota Highlander [email protected] ("Bug" aka my [email protected] pod), towed by Big Red, or Silver
    dsatwork It is the Trailhead parking area at Ingals Creek. In the winter it is not used much. We came in the afternoon set up and did one trail then stayed over and did the wildernesse trail. In the spring and summer it is much to busy to bring the trailer. We also learned to get a Snow Park pass, then bring the trailer, for instance Lake Wenatche  State Park. You can camp in the south lot near the lake and Snow Shoe or cross country ski. Many Snow Shoe folks like to hike in the moonlight.
    @BirdieJane, Ever try dancin' in the moonlight? A really good friend of mine & I go canoeing in the moonlight in early spring & late summer. There's nothin' like it when the lake is like glass in a full moon, so I can definitely relate! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

Ok well you just gave us a new adventure, canoeing in the moonlight!!
    Just remember....DON'T dance in the canoe! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

This type of Sage advice is why this forum is so awesome!
  • RatkityRatkity Posts: 3,397Member
    ericnliz said:
    @BirdieJane, Ever try dancin' in the moonlight? A really good friend of mine & I go canoeing in the moonlight in early spring & late summer. There's nothin' like it when the lake is like glass in a full moon, so I can definitely relate! :)
    Now I have that song in my head!!!! :rofl:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha [email protected] from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a [email protected] at heart)
    :whistle: "dancin' in the moonlight" :whistle: "dancin' in the moonlight"  =) Just tryin' to help you out there @Ratkity!!!! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

:rofl: @ericnliz!!!

WARNING: Do NOT go to the Dog Poll thread. There's head-'sploding cute picts there. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha [email protected] from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a [email protected] at heart)
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Posts: 1,519Member
    edited January 5
    @Ratkity you sure know how to make us go where we are told not to in a hurry! Geesh!

Update...ok, I peeked and he is so adorable!  :)
    2017 [email protected] Max S silver and cherry red, TV 2015 Toyota Highlander [email protected] ("Bug" aka my [email protected] pod), towed by Big Red, or Silver
    @Ratkity , Too late, I saw that one before I got to this one! Just keep us updated as he gets bigger, smarter, more headstrong, and all the other cool stuff that goes with havin' a new companion! Congrats, he looks like a winner! :triumph:
    Spokane, Wa.

OMG.. he played land-shark today! Ankles and fingers .. I hid my toes. It's not teething. Just mouthing everything, but he has sharp teefs!  

You know, it's addicting. I'm going to send more cute pictures. Especially when his ears start flopping up and down!
  • nawlins1b1nawlins1b1 Posts: 7Member
    Rlethbri said:

Sawtooth National Recreational Area, Redfish Lake, Idaho. 
    Beautiful site and rig!

• LSkrabutLSkrabut Posts: 100Member
    400 located near Dome just west of Quartzsite - 17 Jan 2018

Utah Driven

2018 [email protected] 400

MB GLK 250 Diesel

• rkj__rkj__ Posts: 431Member
    Ratkity said:
    OMG.. he played land-shark today! Ankles and fingers .. I hid my toes. It's not teething. Just mouthing everything, but he has sharp teefs!  

You know, it's addicting. I'm going to send more cute pictures. Especially when his ears start flopping up and down!
    Haha, we are going through the same thing.  Within 48 hours of coming home, our puppy put pretty much everything in our house, in his mouth.  Baseboard, kitchen island, computer, cell phone, electrical cords, shoe, chair leg, couch...  
    2016 [email protected] 320 CS-S - 2008 GMC Canyon - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
This discussion has been closed.