Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @Ratkity, I am a cat person and dog ignorant.  Please tell me that dogs did NOT dig those holes.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited June 2018
    @SAM I can't speak for the first one (except it's hysterical), but probably a setup. Just imagine a German Shepherd on steroids when digging lol. The bottom one is from a private person's collection, so it could or could not be set up.

Getting a good look at the first one with the Malinois, it looks like someone was going to landscape and had different types of loose dirt dumped in their backyard. The holes then are more believable that a dog dug them! LOL.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Ratkity, So.....they have special mining German Shepherds now??? I am NOT showing these pictures to Ruger!! However, in his defense, he got a "time-out" for the first dug hole, and hasn't attempted another. ;)
    @SAM, You would be in amazement how fast & deep these dogs can dig! :o:s 
    @Homebodyatheart, Ha...I was drinkin' out of the glass slipper! :joy:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    I think the dog is chasing the gopher that dug those holes. Looks like my yard! Good dog!  :-)
    2015 T@B S
    I’m relieved😆
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @SAM... um, my friend has rescue huskies and most of their backyard looks like this, only the craters are not as deep.  =)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    Oh boy.
  • broderiusbroderius Member Posts: 32

Ah. When you are using the forum editor to post something there are two icons in the top toolbar. The first one is Attach File and the second is Attach Image.
    File is good for PDFs or other file formats where the attachment will list at the bottom of the post. The image option inserts your picture into the post.
    You can also use copy and paste while editing to move that image around and use carriage return to place your text below an image.
    Then use Preview to check your edits before posting. 

Take a look at typewriters101 website. They have some great typewriters for sale. Ive been pinching pennys for a portable non electric from the 50s to 60s. This guy does a great job bringing them back to life. 
    edited July 2018
    @broderius, do you remember you could "re-ink" the ribbon as long as there wasn't a red half? Mom "let" me re-ink them (outside). ROFL. As a kid, it was win-win! Oh, what I'd do to have that old thing today. Not sure where it went. Might have gotten sold at a garage sale. Many memories!

Ooops, Handy Heater Hijack! Just FYI, my plug was upside down as well. It drove me nuts. I'm sure someone at NuCamp may have some reason they decided to do that.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    I used to be a teletype operator in various jobs and the carriage return and line feed were two different keys!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • SystemSystem Posts: 180
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Handy Heater review.
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    My grandmother gave me a Hermès 3000 for my hs graduation in 1967. I still have it! Why? And for your information, the firefighters and EMTs can still get down into the basement if they exercise just the tiniest bit of caution. Sheesh.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    I've Seen the Light!

Well last night my quick-stop-overnight RV site had a nice east-west alignment to the July sunset / sunrise.

I woke to an Alien light . . . Twilight Zone lives on.

Guess this is coming from the rear taillight assembly or it's housing.  I was surprised at how large the access hole in the aluminum roof might be for this amount of filtered light to enter.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    stripping the linens on the camper, dang it's hot out there. Wish I was heading to Ohio in the morning :( maybe next year.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
    @MuttonChops I’ve got that same red glow all along the back wall when the sun hits it just right.  B)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    Not to mention Dale was voted as the 2018 uCamp Tabber with the best mods!
    @dragonsdofly, @SAM, and everyone else who has shared @Dalehelman's expertise, modifications, great sense of humor, and just being the kind, generous people he & Sandi are. You have had a rare opportunity that some of us have enjoyed for quite some time now. I, for one KNOW how lucky we are to have Dale & Sandi as part of our SpoT@B group. What started as a breakfast meeting with, (if memory serves me correctly) 6 of us, has grown in size to as many as 16, or 18. Not to mention the friendships that have formed in the group as well. I have, in the past, and will continue to encourage other folks across the country to start their own groups. I can't even begin to express the amount of knowledge shared, experiences shared, and the rallies that have developed because of interest shown in getting together & just plain having fun. Get out there, get to know each other & you might be pleasantly surprised what evolves! ;)
    Happy Camping Everyone!
    Eric

TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

@SAM and @dragonsdofly I second @ericnliz’s post! @Dalehelman has been my mentor since before we bought L@dybug and I’m honored to have Dale and Sandi as friends! Ask anyone at the SpoTab breakfast and they’ll confirm that we talk a lot about mods (we sort of feed off each other’s enthusiasm!), and I love that! I’ve learned from everyone! Some year I really want to make it to UCamp! (Darn this working for a living stuff!)  ;)
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Wasn't there a general discussion area?  Cant find, so I will use into..  Anyway, someone asked for a file I once shared.  Probably another way to do this, i am sure. 
    Besides the message area, i received an email from this person.  I saw the email address was nucamp, but i thought that was a nucamp forum thingy. I hit reply and sent the file.  I got this back..

Terry,

Thanks for sending this.  I have forwarded it to our design team.

Thanks,

John Sanate

Account Exec.

Me:  Opps.. too funny..

Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

Oh, boy, now you're on record! :rofl:, or :fearful:
    Spokane, Wa.

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @TerryV6, unfortunately, the General Category was greatly misused. Since it’s gone, most members are now looking for the correct category to place their messages. There is always the Chit Chat where you can place your contribution to the well -being of the general attitude. 

After my my house is sold, I can devote some time to moving discussions to their appropriate categories, a necessary bi-annual cleanup.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Can’t help myself he looks so empathetic. I know, anthropomorphism, but still.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

edited July 2018
    He watches my every move. 

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! No! It's Velcro-Dog!!!

Able to walk behind Mom faster than she can walk and not able to brake in time! Never allows Mom to shower or do anything in that room without staring! Able to snore louder than her favorite show, then wake up and have to tinkle right at the time she's about to find out whodunit!

But wait, there's more!

However, Mom needs to convince the old man cat and teenager wonder pup that neither wants to mess with Mom..... grrrrrrrGGGrrrr! 

BTW, he loves to sleep/nap in his crate on his back. He loves his crate!
    Popper is demanding Ruger pictures!! I can't help it. He's doing that breathy whine that drives me nuts. Pluuuuueze? :)
    edited July 2018
    @Ratkity, I'll get some posted as soon as I can convince somebody to take some!  =);)
    I had to edit because he thought that was the perfect time to start bein' a crazy man in the house! He just wanted to go outside & play ball. Me thinks this dog thinks he's part raccoon because every single toy he has needs to go into the water bucket! (It's been so hot here, I had to go to a 3 gallon bucket so I don't have to fill the water dish 5-6 times a day!) Problem is this...some of the toys don't float & he comes & gets Dad to retrieve 'em. I definitely know what you mean by teenage years...selective hearing included...unless the word cookie is involved...then the ears go straight up & the tail starts waggin'! Ruger is gettin' used to the fact that the word crate doesn't necessarily mean it's for a "time out" for doin' something he KNOWS he's not supposed to be doin'. He's really good about goin' in to the crate when I have to go somewhere that's going to take me a while. It's been WAY too hot to leave him in the car right now, although when it's cooler, he has to sit in the driver's seat until I get back from an errand. I TOLD him he has to have a DRIVER'S license to sit there, but 'ya know how that one goes. Then he goes & lies in the back seat until the next stop.
    Popper is gettin' to be quite the handsome boy there. Ruger lays like Popper does in his bed. Cracks me up when he  has a puppy dream & all 4 legs start goin' straight up in the air. :rofl:  Oh, and yup, velcro dog for sure. He has to be within eyesight, or he's not a happy boy.
    Oh, boy, looks like it's the ball fetchin' dog time again....later! ;)

Spokane, Wa.

I finally got the ChuckIt ball thrower. I have to make him stop and take a breather so he doesn't overheat.

I have a water bowl outside that I put fresh water in every lunchtime-ball-throwing break. EVERYTHING goes into the bowl. And... just to make it interesting, he loves to hand me his favorite ball with the hole through the middle after it's been in the water. Guess he knows it can hold more water than his mouth!! Speaking of which, it grosses the cat out when he slobbers in the water dish. I think he's just rinsing his mouth out.

Wait until Ruger learns how much water he can carry in his mouth and then rest his whole head in your lap! It's an amazing amount of water btw. I think you should forget flimsy paper towels and just go straight to the blue shop towels. They soak up much more.
    @Ratkity, 'Ya might wanna slow down on the :coffee: this mornin'! Good morning to you though. Ruger usually waits for the water dump until right AFTER I put a set of fresh clothes on. Guess he's just not happy with the rinse cycle on my washer! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.