Options

Mods/Upgrades while waiting out social distancing . Please share yours.

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited May 2020
    Campwise said:
    Low tech comfort mod:  To improve our 320S seating, I place two 9"x6"x3" foam yoga blocks (standing upright on their long sides) on top of the wood platforms, behind the two longer seat cushions.  This pushes the bottom cushions out 3 inches, making them more comfortable to sit on, and creates a nice angle of repose for the back cushions.  I also place one yoga block behind each of the shorter upright cushions, to create a better back support angle.  It all stays in place while on the road with no issues.  For sleeping, the 6 blocks are stored in a stuff sac under the bed.  At first I tried swim noodles, but they didn't work.  The yoga blocks make a big difference in overall comfort, especially nice for my husband who sometimes uses the t@b in the driveway as a writing studio ;~)

BRILLIANT! Off to dig out my yoga blocks!
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    Campwise said:
    Low tech comfort mod:  To improve our 320S seating, I place two 9"x6"x3" foam yoga blocks (standing upright on their long sides) on top of the wood platforms, behind the two longer seat cushions. 

LOL, am I the only one who thought you were breaking bad in this photo? 😜
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    edited May 2020
    This is our twin bed mod.  We started out with just the blocks against the wall, sliding the mattress out and dropping the backrest down to the floor standing upright and tucked under the edge of the mattress.  Worked great, except it blocked the airflow to the power center under the bed.  So back to the drawing board.  Came up with this set up.  2 pieces of 1x6, 4 L brackets and 4 IKEA table legs.  I bent the brackets to catch over the edge of the bed base.  They really aren’t for support, just to keep the 1x6 in place.  I cut down the IKEA legs and attached them to the base.  They unscrew easily.  My wife made the foam blocks and covered them. And a picture of the pillows and bucket decal she made....
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    great find, do you have a link to get one from?
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 260
    Nice spice rack! I like the use of that space. How did you attach it to the wall? 
    mer
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    @xdr I used the clear Industrial Velcro that comes in a boxed roll at Home Depot. Just small pieces holds it in place   
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @DenisP..love the rack...great idea! TY
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    edited May 2020
     I like your updated shelf idea. Flexible cording to hold items in place.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Yes, the second version is much better.
    cheers
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    Quick Switchover from Cheap to Mid-Priced Battery Monitor

Was using a $15 hall effect sensor and display. The sensor just surrounded the inverter and solar charge lines. It did a fairly good job of integrating current over time and showing remaining amp hours for the batteries. Nice price. Weird thing though, there was there was no easy way of resetting remaining juice when battery bank was completely full, and any integration error would build up over a week or two.

So switched yesterday to the $90 Renogy battery monitor.  It uses a shunt, which I'm not thrilled about (the perpetual, albeit tiny load), but the display is a little easier to read. And so far it does a better job resetting to max when voltage is high enough...and thankfully there's a one button method of resetting to battery bank full, when needed.

Quirks:
    1. No mounting system or plastic case to protect the shunt.
    2. If backlight is enabled, it pulses gradually on and off at 0.5Hz whenever net charging.
    3. The time remaining number underneath SoC percentage seems to be almost instantaneous instead of averaged. When air conditioner is running with everything else on too, it will say 5 hours remaining. But in eco mode once the camper has cooled and the compressor and A/C fan turn off, that estimate jumps to 70 hours remaining.
    4. The display mount didn't come with screws, and if you don't cut the opening perfectly it won't stay put.
    Minor stuff, and I just didn't want to pony up the cash for the Victron 712.

2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    After two years wanting & waiting, I ponied up for the 712. Installed and working like a champ....just sayin...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    TabfortwoTabfortwo Member Posts: 157
    our trailer grew over the last 2 months
  • Options
    You added a slide out???  How, where, do tell us more...
    cheers
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @Tabfortwo...I need a WOW button!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237

2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    O, well, just got this instead of a "made for " umbrella sun shade for our 320-S. 
    rei..for $61, sale.
    2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Tabfortwo said:
    our trailer grew over the last 2 months
    Don't think it's a T@b. The ceiling has no curve and there is a skylight there.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    That was my first thought, but his handle is Tabfortwo... ?
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited May 2020
    I recognize the wallpaper, I believe they’re selling their 400 (which has the same paper) and upsizing. This is presumably the new rig.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    It definitely is a new trailer but still a mod. My wife wouldn't let me cut up the 400 to make a slide out so I bought a new one. 
  • Options
    OK, that mystery solved.  But what trailer did you get and did you add the slide out?  Details please...
    cheers
  • Options
    It's a 2020 lance 1575. Came in at just over 100lbs more in weight and almost 200lbs lighter on the tongue wieight.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Modifications to improve outdoor shower on our 400. After reading a post by @B0atguy on changing the shower to Quick disconnect with detachable hose, I decided to go for it. I also upgraded my water pressure regulator to an adjustable one with higher flow. 
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    Nice mod, looks grand.
    cheers
  • Options
    bellimagesbellimages Member Posts: 28
    DenisP said:
    While anxiously awaiting the resumption of camping adventures, I completed some Mods/Upgrades to my 2018 Tab 400 and thought it might be nice to begin a new share.  I upgraded the bathroom sink to the newer square sink, changed the galley sink faucet to Dometic AC 542 folding faucet, changed to Hepvo trap, button catches on the upper cabinets, upgraded front tub to new 2021 aluminum Tub and made a new dinette table. I would love to here your upgrades and modifications. 
    WHY WHY WHY would you want that new square bathroom sink? The circular one is incredible. It allows plenty of room to move by it while sitting on the toilet. I don't know what NuCamp was thinking!!!
    2018 Tab 400
    Nissan Frontier PRO-4X (4.6 liter automatic)
    Roof mounted solar panels
  • Options
    bellimagesbellimages Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2020

Denny16 said:
    I installed a Victron 712 Battery Monitor on our 2018 TaB 400, and enclosed the area in the middle under bed storage where the inverter, main fuses and battery distribution block are located to separate this from the storage area.

Reversed the bathroom door, so it opens from the bed side to easier access from back bed area.

Next have parts on order from NuCamp, arriving mid April with dealer shipment, for the new aluminum front tub, new bathroom door trim, new 2021 lighter front table, and a Boondock Pitch Axle unit.  NuCamp is also sending our dealer a new replacement floor for warranty repair.

Here are the mods I have completed so far:

I'm curious how much less the new table weighs. I was always blown away at how HEAVY the 2018 table weighed. 

What is the issue that you've experienced with the flooring that is being covered under warranty? 
    2018 Tab 400
    Nissan Frontier PRO-4X (4.6 liter automatic)
    Roof mounted solar panels
This discussion has been closed.