Options

Mods/Upgrades while waiting out social distancing . Please share yours.

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,283
    edited January 2022
    How about an easy table upgrade. I don't remember if I stole this idea from here or one of the Facebook user groups. It's a Husky tool box cover from Home Depot. Might not be for everyone, but I like the wood look better.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Another pretty easy one. Replace the small drivers side shelf in your 320S with something more useful. Came out of the need for more clothing storage on longer trips. Soft baskets work great.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    RFraerRFraer Member Posts: 87

I recently purchased an Ender 3D Printer. For one of my first projects I designed a Light blocker for the Alde backlight display that stays on at night when the Alde is on.

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    edited January 2022
    @RFraer, dumb question but why not just set the control panel to automatically turn off the backlighting? It turns back on as soon as you touch the display.  I know it is a setting that has been there at least since 2017, because our 2017 320-S had that ability too.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    RFraerRFraer Member Posts: 87
    Dutch061 said:
    @RFraer, dumb question but why not just set the control panel to automatically turn off the backlighting? It turns back on as soon as you touch the display.  I know it is a setting that has been there at least since 2017, because our 2017 320-S had that ability too.

Brad

I did not see that setting when I looked but probably missed it. I will try that next time I am at the Camper. 

• Options
    AndreOAndreO Member Posts: 69
    @RFraer,
    From the 3020 manual;

Background lighting
    The standby screen can be set in three different modes: Dark, Bright and Invert.
    Dark: Turns off background lighting.
    Press the screen or the menu button when 
    standby is activated and the screen comes 
    on, but returns to dark after 30 seconds if the 
    panel is not touched.
    Bright: Background lighting in standby mode.
    Invert: Inverted background lighting in standby mode.
    Standby is activated automatically after 
    30 seconds if the panel is not touched.
    Brightness can be adjusted to three levels 
    (1-3).

Cheers,
    Andre

AndreO
    Ontario, Canada
    2018 Tab 400
    Ford F150 2.7 Lariat
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,659
    No matter what, I greatly admire the 3D printed Alde screen cover!  Nice mod!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    RCB said:
    Apologies for posting this here - wrong post !

RCB - what awning are you using and is that a 400?
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    edited January 2022
    I guess the awning is an upgrade. It is a home brew - design and construction by moi. The fabric is heavy nylon - not the best as it stretches a bit when wet, but economical ; with a kedder  attachment,; a sleeve on the outboard end for a three sectional curved aluminum tube; and supported with three sliding tent poles with guy lines. It has held up well over the past three years.
    Looks like the original post and photo has been deleted, however, it is also on the show photos of your campsite thread.
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Earlier last year we did the switch from a 3-way to a 12v fridge like @webers3 posted above. At the time I put a plug in the propane gas line, but just got around to adding the quick disconnect fitting to the end. Now it's available for things like our Blackstone griddle. We just bought a 5lb tank, so probably this won't see much use, but might come in handy for something.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    @AnOldUR Wow, that’s a great idea! I still have the gas line plugged and stuffed in the back of the fridge, will try to do the same. I like the door you put on the outside, can you provide details? Did you have to do any modifications to the opening?
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    @webers3. The one downside that comes to mind is that this is a regulated propane line. Not a problem for our Blackstone griddle, but no good for our propane generator.
    Even though the old refrigerator gas vents were a commercial product, I had a hard time finding something the same size to replace them. The closest I could get were these Boat Deck Hatches from Great Lakes Skipper, but there's probably something better out there. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the space, but I think it looks a lot better. The width was ok, but I had to open up the vertical size by about an inch. The worst part of the project was removing the sealant that nuCamp used around the vent frames.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited February 2022
    The boat hatches look great, much better than the vents, and weather tight also.
    i would build a box on inside of the hatch, and this gives you a small tool storage bin, rubber gloves or ?
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    @Denny16, I was going to use the upper door only as access for stove maintenance, but I like the glove box idea. There's not a lot of room with the fridge right there, but enough for a 4" deep box. There was a drip pan for the 3-way at the base of the bottom door. I removed that and it revealed some dead space below it that I can now take advantage of.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Glove box it is ....
    .... found an old humidor box that fit perfect,
    even room for some hand sanitizer.
    Much better than having them buried at the bottom of my tongue box

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Grand job, and it eliminates or restricts access to the inside of the TaB too.
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    This would be a small project by the standards of our expert modders, but I finally added a second Lagun mount, this one near the door so I can use the table as a counter.

Pardon the mess, all the tools were still in here when I took this shot, oops! I think I’ll probably change the table top out for the wood Husky toolbox top several others have used, because man, I forgot how crazy heavy the factory table top is. And I may pick up the “longer leg” from Lagun at some point, as raising the table closer to counter height as pictured is a bit less stable feeling than I’d prefer, even though Lagun says it’s fine. But overall, I think this will finally make the table a useful item in my Tab instead of being packed away in storage at home.

This is a 2019 320s, your ability to mount in this spot may vary depending on your model year. You can see how close the trim on the left is to the left facing adjustment handle…my hand fits, not sure if everyone’s will. This spot would probably work better with a right side handle.

2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    Pretty much got all my planned Winter mods done (and a couple more) to my 2021 T@B 320S Boondock. To much to list here so I posted the mod info on a page: https://solocanoes.com/camper.htm

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Social distancing has ended - HURRAH!  Discussion closed.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
This discussion has been closed.