Options

Glycol tank

I just got my 2021 320 CSS back from the dealer who was doing warranty repairs. One of the repairs was to the Alde temperature control valve. When the system failed I was reviewing the Alde manual to see if I could figure out the problem. What I discovered was the typical left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. The Alde manual says to periodically check your glycol levels. I could find no glycol expansion tank with or near the Alde. Thinking that the reference was being made by Alde it seemed logical that it would be near the Alde system. I just learned that depending which NuCamp you have determines where NuCamp installs the tank. In my case under the bathroom sink behind  the toilet. No where near the Alde and not visible. Last place I would have guessed. It would be handy for NuCamp to document this to avoid problems. The Alde manual says if you need to add glycol do not mix different types of glycol, as it could cause coagulation. I did a search here on the forum for “glycol” and found nothing stating what type of glycol is factory installed. I can find nothing in the documentation from NuCamp providing this information. What type of glycol should I use if needed? 

I know this was a very long winded post to get to my question but my objective is two fold. I find that most NuCamp owners are not happy with manufacturing problems but often just figure out work arounds or fix it themselves. By not putting the burden on NuCamp they are not able to improve the quality of their product for future owners. I worked in manufacturing for 40+ years in all aspects of operations. If there is no cost incurred by the manufacturer for defects in workmanship, design or documentation that is incomplete it is unlikely to be fixed. So I encourage everyone make sure you push your dealer and NuCamp to make things right and to improve where needed. I have worked directly with NuCamp on issues and they absolutely want to make things right. They can’t if they don’t know. Like everyone they are very busy and probably don’t have the time to read our posts here. 

52 nights

Comments