Options

Backing up

13»

Comments

• Options
    vitovito Member Posts: 181
    I bought the Trailer Valet, at $580 with free shipping its in the same cost ballpark. Works exactly as advertised. I no longer have a T@b, and my new travel trailer is too heavy to manually move around as I could my T@b, and the Valet allows me to unhitch and then move the trailer exactly where I want to keep it. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @vito, hello!!! How's the new trailer behaving? How have you been? Good to see you lurking around. :heart:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    I must admit that I really am happy with my Vintage by Gulf Stream. It is not a large trailer, but large enough to have some real "moving around room" inside, and most importantly, it has a real queen size bed with a real mattress, totally separate from a very comfortable small dinette table/booth. But as I said in an earlier post, it does not have the engineering and construction quality of the T@b. Our first real trip was a week long stay in Arkansas. On the way home we lost an outside vent cover and a hubcap. Screws holding the stovetop in place would not hold and will need to be repaired, and the windows are a far cry from what we had on our T@b. But the larger shower, larger frig, real freezer compartment, microwave and storage space (we actually had empty cabinets on this first trip) make me glad I made the change. And for an old guy like me with a bad back, getting to the stabilizer jacks is much, much easier than in the T@b. Having a powered main jack on the hitch also makes things easier, but not necessarily faster when setting up or re-hitching. The biggest change was that at 3,500 pounds empty, and about 4,400 pounds with water and our stuff in it, I did have to buy a bigger car as a tow vehicle. The Subaru Outback could not handle this weight. We bought a new Dodge Durango which I really like, which has a tow capacity of 6,200 lbs. and it gets about the same mpg as the Outback did when I pulled the T@b, about 12 to 13 mpg. I think the perfect small travel trailer would have been a T@b Sofitel like we had, that was about 6 or 8 feet longer. Combining the space, storage capability and separate bed and table features of the Vintage with the quality of the T@b would make a great combination. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    edited August 2016
    vito said:
    But as I said in an earlier post, it does not have the engineering and construction quality of the T@b... I think the perfect small travel trailer would have been a T@b Sofitel like we had, that was about 6 or 8 feet longer. Combining the space, storage capability and separate bed and table features of the Vintage with the quality of the T@b would make a great combination. 
    From your lips to Pleasant Valley's ears!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited August 2016
    The Gulfstream, a Winnebago model, an MPG and several others all seem very similar to the rPod - almost like they're made by the same company and just branded. My brother has an rPod and as Vito mentions, the space is nice but the construction quality leaves alot to be desired.
    I actually wish PV was looking at redoing the T@DA rather than a 400 model - even though I've never managed to actually see a T@DA - Looked for a used one before going with the T@B
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    When you consider the cost of a T@b, you would probably be competing with a Bambi if they reintroduced the T@da.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Probably. The rPod was slightly less than the std T@B
  • Options
    FWIW, my 19 foot Vintage by Gulf Stream was $17,400 including the options already on the trailer of power jack, power awning, gas/electric water heater, rooftop TV antenna, 13.5K BTU Rooftop a/c; black water tank washer outlet, and some others I can't think of. So for far less than my s-Maxx Sofitel the previous year I got a lot more "goodies" in a larger and much more comfortable trailer, with the sacrifice of lower build design and quality.  The furnace and water heater cannot compare to the Alde system. The fit and finish of the cabinets is not even close in quality to what we had on the T@b. The exhaust fan does not nearly equal the Fantastic fan in the T@b, and the windows, while fully functional, lack the quality that we had on the T@b. A larger T@b offering some of the space and amenities of my Vintage would certainly be much more expensive but would have been very attractive to me, and likely others. I think the T@b quality is at least as good as what Airstream offers, and a trailer as I described would still likely be far less in cost than the comparable Airstream. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @vito, the 4' longer "T@B 400" (or whatever it will be called) is set to go into manufacture next spring. Initial reports say it will have a dinette than can convert to a double sized bed in the front and the rear will have a queen sized bed. The bathroom will be towards the center to allow taller owners more headroom. No, I do not have any other info, nor do I have have any definitive price... yet. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    This from RV Pro... hinting at new models.  Verna - which is the "concept" and what will the "prototype" be?  We should know by mid September.
    https://rv-pro.com/news/little-guy-part-ways-tb-tg-next-spring
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    We saw some very interesting large tear drop trailers when in Canada.  They were called Alto and some had roofs that raised giving standing height.  I don't really care about the standing height but I would like a T@B CS that provided a bed that could fit my 6'1" height.  For now, I am good with what I have.
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    SAM said:
    This from RV Pro... hinting at new models.  Verna - which is the "concept" and what will the "prototype" be?  We should know by mid September.
    https://rv-pro.com/news/little-guy-part-ways-tb-tg-next-spring
    @SAM, as I said, I don't know any more information. Check back with me in later September and I'll tell what I know. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @lapowers57, my little sis has the Alto with the roof that raises. Nice teardrop for her 6'2" BF - no stooping and bed is bigger! Too soon to address quality, but it felt solid when I camped with them on their way back at from Canada from picking it up. It took 18 months for the Alto folks to build it - so they are on backorder big time.

In my camping group, I had the privilege to meet a couple who had a nicely kept T@DA. It seemed way longer than the extra 4" speculated in the prototype 400. Very cool trailer. Reminded me of the Casita (not sure if I spelled that right).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    AnnieoakleyAnnieoakley Member Posts: 22
    Cbarnhill way to go. My second trip, and longest, found me in an RV resort in Colorado.  A friend had gotten the reservation for me because she and husband were staying there too. Then I find out I'm at the end of the row and had to back down the lane, past 6 other big RVs to get to my spot.  Her husband offered to back for me but I thought if I couldn't do it, I shouldn't be doing it.  So I declined.  All 6 guys came out to watch ( and protect their investment).  I made it slow and sure to thumbs up along the way.  
    Ramblin' scramblein' Tumb@lweed   Gray/Red 2016 Max S, Wichita Falls Texas 

What ever you do, what ever your goal, keep your eye upon the donut  and not upon the hole. 
  • Options
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    PXLated said:
    The Gulfstream, a Winnebago model, an MPG and several others all seem very similar to the rPod - almost like they're made by the same company and just branded. My brother has an rPod and as Vito mentions, the space is nice but the construction quality leaves alot to be desired.
    You would think, but it appears thay are all r-pod knockoffs from different parent companies. (And yes, lawsuits have been filed.)

More to the point, our camping buddies have an r-pod. And yes, they would like the model that's just a little bit bigger.  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Before I found my T@B I was interested in the Alto.  At that time, 2010, they couldn't be imported to the US.  I'm glad they can now, because it seems a perfect fit for many.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.