Options

What I've Learned So Far

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Ok, we need to see your pic - Betting spiked hair, nose/ear rings, and of course big black glasses and a pocket protector ;-)
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited June 2016
    Sounds like every "programmer" I've ever seen... B-)
    PXLated said:
    Ok, we need to see your pic - Betting spiked hair, nose/ear rings, and of course big black glasses and a pocket protector ;-)

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Chan - Now we're both on her aaaahhhh - list :-)
  • Options
    I confess. I am a programmer, among other things. My pocket protector comes out now and then, and the hair-spikes are in my dreams (as is the hair)...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Careful dewds, Photomom plays with fire! There's photographic evidence!! LOL 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    She's gotta find me first :-)
  • Options
    Finding a Full-Timer is an advanced T@B University badge!

You *may* find V by following GoodWills across the country, but you might get distracted by the shiny things she leaves behind for them to sell. It's a ruse. She'll get way ahead of you before you know it!

PXL is more elusive and knows hidey holes and cheap municipal campgrounds. Besides, rumor has it that he can only be seen coming and going at dawn and dusk. He may be heard growling around 2-4am when the temperature is moderately low because the propane tank needs to be changed - be forewarned...do not approach any creature growling during these times!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Photomom, That' :D s just scary!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    PXL,
    Ever hear of GPS? ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    nice!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Oooops - Before someone jumps, better point out that I lite the bushes/cactus with a flashlight, the rest is all natural moonlight. 
  • Options
    Nice effect.
    Good work PXL.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    Photomom said:
    All perfectly normal. I was probably the quirkiest of the lot.
    ...WAS???

sheesh, glad you all don't know what I did/do?
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I wish @PXLated would post more of his photos in a blog or something. Who's with me?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    PXL knows where's he's at, so do several packs of coyotes. Pffts, just puppies out for a stroll. Big kitties, no problem - just stay out of the shot! 

I do love the artistic lighting PXL does in all his shots, especially the old building ones. The pictures taken at the mine were fabulous. It's why it's so hard to find PXL. I doubt you'll see his footprints left behind because of all the wildlife footprints around! He finds some unique places, that's fur shure!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Links to blogs are fine as long as there's no advertising (and I know PXLated doesn't do that).  Go for it PXLated ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    One of these days I'll get around to it :-)
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    PXLated said:
    One of these days I'll get around to it :-)
    Round Tuits are really hard to find :)
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    I know, the squares are everywhere.
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    I know, the squares are everywhere.
    Yup, us nerds and geeks abound! :lol::innocent:

• Options
    Never too hard with Google. Try a search.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    And an update on the Rainbow People: They're beginning to gather near Rutland, VT, about 50 miles from where I live, for this year's event.

Yesterday, a 20-year-old Dartmouth student, who said she was with the Rainbow People, was arrested for stealing a dog from a humane society near their gathering area.  How'd they track the car, which had driven off by the time humane society staff realized the dog was taken?

Some time after the theft, an officer had stopped the car for littering, then heard later about the stolen dog and realized he had stopped the very car that had the dog in it.

And the rest, as they say, is history. Sheesh!
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited June 2016

Part 2

1. The bug screens seem vary in effectiveness by location. It sounds weird, but at someplaces, no problem, at others you cannot have the windows open and the light on.

2. Data strengths and speeds fluctuate throughout the day at the same location.

3. I love Loves. The local one has great bathrooms, free potable water, cheap ice, and a fervent selection of hot and cold good, including healthy options. If I liked jerky, I would be in heaven.

4. Fire season is upon us. I need to check the Inciweb site regularly.  I am amazed at the number of homes I see that do not have a defensible space around them.

5. I am getting better at picking campsites. 

6. Not everywhere has Italian food. This is not the case in Pittsburgh. I made some chicken fettuccine Alfredo last week (well me and Paul Newman.) I will be hitting up Olive Garden or another Italian establishment when I hit the Denver area or when I get to Moab (there is a good Italian place there.) I don't love the Newman's space and I miss chicken fettuccine email Alfredo. (No, I won't make it from scratch.)

7. Early season hiking in the mountains can get you knee deep in mud, but it's worth it.

8. I have to watch my heart rate while hiking. I have exercised induced allergies. What does that mean? When my heart rate gets above a certain level and not really that high, I start sneezing over and over and getting a runny nose...it is extremely irritating and it lasts for days. I used to get while running, but evidence try the steep hikes with heavy gear on my back can bring it on, too. 

9. I need to pick up the combo sunscreen + bug spray. The bugs can be quite bad. I have only experienced nats, and that was just 1 night shoot at Maroon Bells, prior to this trip. The thermocell works while stationary, but not while hiking. The mosquitos and flies have been quite aggressive this year. They were down right vicious at Great Sand Dunes. I prayed I didn't get Zika as I swatted a dozen or so from my arm at one time.

10. USPS has an app and you can manage held mail through that app.

11. 1 person can go 2 weeks with a 6 gallon black tank if they make a reasonable poi the of using public bathrooms when out and about. 

12. Other than originally forgetting my visor pole, I have not found dead anything else that I forgot.

13. Things break. My hand pump sprayer broke. I replaced it but the replacement stunk. I bought a second replacement for $8 at Tractor Supply. Tractor Supply carries a few RV items and plenty of towing related items, too.

14. Hometown Shopko is like a mini Walmart for rural towns. It's a step up from Family Dollar.

15. I need to find a place to put Rocky's water dish where I am not kicking it and spilling it all of the time.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    #15 -- tell me when you find such a place!  In the corner by the shower and kitchen is the best I've found, except when washing dishes....

#13 -- knock on wood. Going on 3 years with my red one. At last Amazon has red ones. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    1 - Depends on size of bugs - the really small knats seem to be able to get thru. Some bugs seem to crawl around the edga. Find the Thermacell helps.
    2 - Yep, sometimes by a lot.
    6 - Love italian but can do pretty good with the hundreds of varieties on the shelf. I find chinese to be hard and what I find is all over the board for quality/style.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
    #15 -- tell me when you find such a place!  In the corner by the shower and kitchen is the best I've found, except when washing dishes.... 
    That's where I have it. Bummer was hoping you had a great idea.

PXLated said:
    1 - Depends on size of bugs - the really small knats seem to be able to get thru. Some bugs seem to crawl around the edga. Find the Thermacell helps.
    2 - Yep, sometimes by a lot.
    6 - Love italian but can do pretty good with the hundreds of varieties on the shelf. I find chinese to be hard and what I find is all over the board for quality/style.

There were only 2 choices at the grocery store. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I stock up on sauces when I'm in a larger store.
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Found a Stihl branded pump sprayer at the local feed store.  It's pricey, but built like a tank, so to speak.  Stihl makes all those great chain saws, weed eaters, etc.

The dog bowl problem is just an inherent hazard in a small floor space.  If I know I'm going to be moving around a lot (cooking, etc.), I put it on the counter until I'm done.  I have been tempted to try those slightly raised platforms.  Seems it would take more of a kick to turn the bowl over.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Ahem - Alfredo sauce is just butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese. Get a wedge of decent parmigiano reggiano when you're at a good grocery store and you can get butter and cream anywhere.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York