Options

New 400 Model T@B?

Comments

• Options
    DEHDEH Member Posts: 26
    I suspect all comments will be very helpful to the builders of the T@b 400.  It is billed as a "prototype"

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I think that as long as they offer creative wraps or decals, they can forgo the plastic. These have floated around, forever, but should get the creative juices flowing: http://www.southdownsmotorcaravans.co.uk/tab/tab_art.php

I remain partial to the woody.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Wraps/decals not the same to me. Prefer the trim.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    From Scott Hubble on Facebook:

Thank you for all of your feedback. Keep it coming. All of it is being registered in the R&D Department... This is the initial prototype. We have dozens of changes we're making already... Thanks for all of your input.

Please keep in mind, that this is the first prototype and we have many to follow. The next round of prototypes are a couple months out. We are collecting a great deal of feedback so we can tweak design and conduct further testing.

Also, specifically concerning the fridge:

We have redesigned the fridge that we currently use in the tab and it will be implemented in end it will be implemented soon... it will address some of the issues owners have experienced but not all.

And here are some photos that he posted:

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    They are looking for feedback, please be constructive, what you like, what you don't, and why.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    DEHDEH Member Posts: 26
    edited September 2016
    So it sounds like production is still a bit in the future? And I wonder if we know how heavy it is going to be?

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited September 2016
    Guess where I am?  

Remember this is a prototype and many things will be changed for production next year. It will weigh about 2500 lbs.

The photos did not come out in order-sorry. 

There is next to poor internet service at the campground, so I may not be able to post more pics or answer questions until tomorrow. 

Bathroom toilet let with porthole. 

Storage and fold down sink

The T@B 400 prototype

Information

The fold down sink, the marine shower. There is a single speed fan in the ceiling. 

Storage and Alde under the bed. It raises up on hydraulic lift

I LOVE the curves inlaid into the upper kitchen cabinets.

Kitchen sink

There is a built-in chalk board next to the dinette 

Silverware drawer with storage underneath. 

Cubby hole for CPAP's next to bed. Suggestion for USB, 12V and 110V outlets in the cubby hole have already been made. 

ALDE digital control and recessed LED mood lighting. 

Large storage between bathroom and bed

Dinette. Smaller table, more sitting room have been suggested. This will convert to a spare bed 

Entertainment center in bedroom (yes it will be moved down on the wall. 

Special flexible and adjustable system to make bed more comfortable. 

Silverware drawer

Shelf at foot of bed and an extra  fold down shelf to extend counter **EDITED TO REFLECT TV IS AT FOOT OF BED**

Driver's side. Cool cat vent (recommended a cover for the vent). One porthole for the dining area, one in bathroom. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Winterizing made easy from a cargo door outside

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I love all of the storage  improvements.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DebWildDebWild Member Posts: 13
    Awesome! Thank you for all this info!!!!! The only thing I might add is some way to keep the storage on the shelves while moving. This looks awesome, would look even better with wood decals!!!! Are they using a 2 or a 3 burner stove?
  • Options
    Not liking the modernistic interior - The gray woodwork remids me of the cheap interior in my brothers rPod - Prefer the warmth of the birch, blond woodwork.
  • Options
    A couple of thoughts:
    • The would looking panel in the wetbath looks like a vulnerability.
    • The hot water bypass is genius!
    • The storage cubbies are awesome and I am glad they put so many in the 400.I hope the bed system includes a pillowtop - the plastic things look a little gimmicke to me.
    • The décor is a big improvement. I hope they also include an ultraleather package.
    • It's the same TP cover/holder that's in the Airstreams - I wonder if we can buy for our current T@bs?
    • I am not sure if any RVs have addressed, but newer iPhones, Samsungs, etc need more than 1v USB outlets. It woul;d be good if they could be 5v to facilitate more powerful USB devices. It would also be a nice touch to add a recharagable flashlight (built in.)
    • +1 for the hydraulic lift.
    • A couple of reaqlly nice touches I noticed on the 2017 Airstreams include: corner gear hammocks (really nice), LP port for barbeques and fire pits, built in sewer storage, pop-up outlets/usb ports, lockable compartment for valuables (I personally really like this.)
    • Repeat comment from FB post: access panel to 3 way LP burner would be helpful.

• Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    The target user is someone with a larger TV than the average T@B owner and someone who has the extra space for storage. I own the T@B because of its features not in spite of them! Lightweight, small enough to fit in the garage, has all the amenities of a larger RV and can be handled by one person. I have owned a 28 FT unit and now have my perfect RV.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    One last thought - it's a good time to get away from the plastic trim that goes around the edges. I don't like how expansion creates gaps in this. It doesn't look good when the gaps form.

• Options
    @PXLated , you and me both, I like the lighter wood and the "Amish" look. 

That said, you can see the quality, even in these photos.  Check out the dovetailing in the drawer.  Not going to find that on an R-pod.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Disagree Jenn - To me it's not a T@B without the trim even if the CS doesn't have it. The lack of trim drove me away from the CS models and the plastic window trim was a nice little finishing touch.
    To me, the prospective buyer is someone that likes the currect T@B but thinks it's just a little too tiney but likes everything else about them. Have a couple of friends and a relative that would have bought this if it was same as my T@B only bigger.
  • Options
    A shower curtain will protect the wood cubbies the bathroom. 

The need for more USB with proper sizing, more 12V near TV for inverter and satellite TV, the need for USB, 12V and 110V next to CPAP was discussed, and more 110V outlets. 

Our current T@B's  are now called T@B 320 and the new will be the T@B 400.

There will be lips on the wooden storage shelves with netting to hold items on the shelf. 

New tires are nitrogen filled with a great name brand trailer tire....."Westlake"...I think was the name, but I could be wrong. The name brand was recommended to me in Yuma, but the gentleman conceded that my Carlisle tires were good also.  There will be a 2 yr warranty on the new tires. The entire NuCampRV Line will have these new tires. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna said:
    A shower curtain will protect the wood cubbies the bathroom. 

The need for more USB with proper sizing, more 12V near TV for inverter and satellite TV, the need for USB, 12V and 110V next to CPAP was discussed, and more 110V outlets. 

Our current T@B's  are now called T@B 320 and the new will be the T@B 400.

There will be lips on the wooden storage shelves with netting to hold items on the shelf. 

New tires are nitrogen filled with a great name brand trailer tire....."Westlake"...I think was the name, but I could be wrong. The name brand was recommended to me in Yuma, but the gentleman conceded that my Carlisle tires were good also.  There will be a 2 yr warranty on the new tires. The entire NuCampRV Line will have these new tires. 

Awesome - not surprised that PV is going about this all the right way.

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I love it all, and am thrilled to see that many of the features I love about the Euro design is present, such as the dinette porthole window storage (at least I hope I see it), the curved counter, storage cubbies, the dinette table and cushion shape, etc. The upper kitchen cabinets are different, but I like them.   I can't tell if the light inserted in the wall is present between the bathroom and storage/closet area.  That was very nice.

I am disappointed that the closet didn't make it into the US design (and maybe it will), and the bathroom is quite different and a "little" disappointing.  

I have always been a fan of the plastic trim and will continue to be.  That and the propane/battery cover just say "T@B" to me.  Another thing I loved about the Euro version is the front (colorful and/or neutral) window shade and pendant.  

I didn't realize the LG T@B didn't have a hot water bypass, so that's a plus going forward. Most RVs have that, as well as storage hose storage.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    There will be a new larger tub on the front that will accommodate a 30 lb propane tank, a larger group 31 AGM battery and storage for hoses, chocks, etc.  There will be a single port for the sewer black and gray tank discharge. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna said:
    There will be a new larger tub on the front that will accommodate a 30 lb propane tank, a larger group 31 AGM battery and storage for hoses, chocks, etc.  There will be a single port for the sewer black and gray tank discharge. 
    I like all except the 30lb propane. I think 2, 20lb would be better. Easier to accommodate when you have to go with exchanges vs. refills.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    I love the:
    1.  built in door storage and trash can(good use of space and everyone needs a trash can!)
    2.  Vent in the bathroom ceiling is a good idea, but not sure if that is what Verna meant.
    3.  A foot taller will accommodate more folks (but also lower to the ground so no raised axle)
    4.  fold up sink and toothbrush holders (where is the TP cover?)
    5.  wooden cubbies + storage shelves
    6.  3 windows and 2 portholes, and keder rail, too for an add on awning
    7.  Consolidated area for Alde and other controls.
    8.  External area for winterizing is very smart!
    9.  White molded counter looks modern and clean (rather than a gray covered particle board)

Not keen on the:
    1.  fake grey wood along with the nice real birch.  Is that a gray patch of cloth above the bed?
    2.  TV over the headboard? ( how do you watch it?)
    3.  Geometric outside wall design - I think a striking finish is a must.
    4.  The very white vents against the silver siding- look like someone ran out of paint.
    5.  Chalkboard???  I think that would be messy.  Would rather see an area with a corkboard/dry erase board combo.

Verna, what size tanks?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    PXLated said:
    ...To me it's not a T@B without the trim even if the CS doesn't have it. The lack of trim drove me away from the CS models and the plastic window trim was a nice little finishing touch.
    To me, the prospective buyer is someone that likes the currect T@B but thinks it's just a little too tiney but likes everything else about them. Have a couple of friends and a relative that would have bought this if it was same as my T@B only bigger.
    Agreed.  Figure out a way to put a dedicated dinette in my T@B and I be happy (something besides the La Gooney).  Love my T@B.  Would love it even more if I could stretch it just a little and leave everything the way it is.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Agree with Jenn on the 20's - A 30 or 2 20s seems like overkill and just extra weight to me though.
  • Options
    Someone on FB pointed out how out of balance the wheels look and I have to agree. Also, I wonder if they can build in a little more ground clearance?

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    There comes a point when a design exceeds its visual boundaries. I'm reminded of how the slim, sleek Datsun 240Z grew into a boulbous, fat 280Z. There is too much body area for that little tire. Perhaps add another axle? The thing just looks out of proportion to me.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Guess where I am?  

Too many different looks here with wood, plastic, and black. I line ideas, just need to streamline design here.

Nice change here with the lift and storage.

I don't love this. A magnet board would be my preference.

Dinette. Smaller table, more sitting room have been suggested. This will convert to a spare bed  - or a swivel table?

This area looks a little awkward, perhaps it's just the photo, though.

It looks like they are going for the storage are in this porthole area - hope so. I loved this area in the Euro model

I really hope there is an Ultraleather package. I think the fabric areas on the wall could have a nice luxurious look with the right Ultraleather. I also hope they offer a neautral package like they have here as well as a color pop package with bolder colors, and what I would put into an L.L. Bean or Eddie Bauer Edition that has a cabin or lodge feel. I think you would hit most tastes with those 3 types. They would be smart to find a corporate partner, like an L.L Bean, Pottery Barn, Lands End, Eddie Bauer, Orvis, Crate and Barrel, or someone well known to co-brand an "edition" and provide décor and accessories. I think it's always in vogue to do a National Parks Edition, or See America edition, too. Some cool map fabric/accessories would probably be well received.
    400.jpg 117.3K

• Options
    Agree with you both - Needs a bigger tire.
    Had a 240z - Fun bugger
  • Options
    jkjenn said:
    Verna said:
    Guess where I am?  

Too many different looks here with wood, plastic, and black. I line ideas, just need to streamline design here.

Nice change here with the lift and storage.

I don't love this. A magnet board would be my preference.

Dinette. Smaller table, more sitting room have been suggested. This will convert to a spare bed  - or a swivel table?

This area looks a little awkward, perhaps it's just the photo, though.

It looks like they are going for the storage are in this porthole area - hope so. I loved this area in the Euro model

I really hope there is an Ultraleather package. I think the fabric areas on the wall could have a nice luxurious look with the right Ultraleather. I also hope they offer a neautral package like they have here as well as a color pop package with bolder colors, and what I would put into an L.L. Bean or Eddie Bauer Edition that has a cabin or lodge feel. I think you would hit most tastes with those 3 types. They would be smart to find a corporate partner, like an L.L Bean, Pottery Barn, Lands End, Eddie Bauer, Orvis, Crate and Barrel, or someone well known to co-brand an "edition" and provide décor and accessories. I think it's always in vogue to do a National Parks Edition, or See America edition, too. Some cool map fabric/accessories would probably be well received.

One last thing - I don't like the plastic trim around the shades in the front window (or any of them, truthfully) - it really takes away from the look. I wonder if they could device a better solution?

• Options
    Jenn - You talking about the square shades around the round windows - if so, not good.