Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site! Part 2

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
     Very nice @Verna.  Where do you find a water hookup in the desert?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    There are campgrounds that do offer water to your site, restrooms with timed pay showers, and water either at your campsite or close enough to fill jugs to transfer to your tanks. There are even campgrounds that offer metered electricity. 

There are also LTVA (Long Term Visitors Area) that are Federal BLM grounds that are $40 for two weeks (it $180 for 5 months) and they have water spigots in a few spots, a dump station with potable water available to fill your tank, and restrooms with flush toilets, but no showers (the showers are in a building shared by a few of the LTVA). 

There are also quite a few kiosks that sell water for your jugs that cost .25 cents per gallon, or $1 for 5 gallons. A business here and there offer to allow you to dump your tanks for a flat fee.  I have paid as little as $7.50 up to $25.00 for the privilege of dumping my tanks....;). And there’s also a “honey wagon” that comes to your camper and pumps out your tanks for you. 

I consider water to be a precious commodity in the desert, and I try not to waste it. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    Enjoy your trip @jkjenn.  I like the new visor and window awnings!  Did your Mom do your windows?
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    SAM said:
    Enjoy your trip @jkjenn.  I like the new visor and window awnings!  Did your Mom do your windows?
    Thanks, @SAM. She did not do the windows awning for this set-up, they were made by Lisa Roddy. I did con her into making them for my other sunshade since Lisa was on vacation.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

I have been to Lisa’s Etsy site.  She does nice work.
  • CamperforlifeCamperforlife Member Posts: 4
    Locust Lake State Park  Pennsylvania
    Springfield, PA 2018 Blue & Silver T@B 320 S TV - 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    "Mosquito Lake" and "Locust Lake"...

They sure look like nice places, but they don't sound very inviting!  :-)
    2015 T@B S
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,604
    Close by is 100 Year Flood Lake.....
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • GidgetGidget Member Posts: 64
    edited July 2018
    Whilst at a campground for sure, Stone Mountain Campground to be exact, I did what I called "test camping". Since I'd never pulled anything before nor camped in a trailer, I towed it to Stone MOuntain park to test hooking up, setting up along with attaching hoses and figuring out what I needed, what I had to much of, etc. I worked during the day at home and camped at night. (Campground is 10 minutes from me... max...)

I had trouble unhitching (ball got stuck) and learned very quickly how incredibly helpful the camping community as a whole is. It blew my mind how willing they are to get other campers out of a jam they are. 

Since this event, I've learned quite a bit and am glamming out my Gizmo... stay tuned! ;)

PS - @GATabber, just learned you're a DAWG like I am (and have the color scheme I REAAAALLLLY wanted)... would love to adventure with y'all if you're up to it! ;)

Look out open road, here we come!!! Me, my Gracie May, a 2YO Beaweenie; half Beagle, half Dachshund, Dash, the 2015 Kia Sorento LX V6, Gidget, the 2018 nüCamp 320s!

Places Visited Map
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Of course it’s ok. Just curious, did you get any local zombies who wanted a tour?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

Very nice!  Where did you purchase?
  • gymcoachdongymcoachdon Member Posts: 54
    SAM said:
    Very nice!  Where did you purchase?
    http://martisawnings.com/vintage-trailer-awnings.html

Very nice quality, and the wife says it is cute! Unfortunately, the welting was the wrong size, but after I sent it back, it was returned very quickly.  Maybe ask for welting samples before ordering.  

No zombies, but it has been sitting in the driveway for a while, most of the neighborhood has visited already.
    2016 T@B CS-S
    TV 2007 F150
    @Mouseketab, Carol, very nice site.  How hot is it by you?
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    SAM said:
    @Mouseketab, Carol, very nice site.  How hot is it by you?
    We have been in the mid to upper 90s all last week. The weekend cooled down to upper 80s. We had some rain Saturday night, and Sunday was actually quite pleasant, only got up to about 83, and lots of lake breezes where we were. However, humidity stays at 80% or higher.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
    I imagine the low 80s seems relatively comfortable!  A breeze always helps.
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Gizmo said:
    Whilst at a campground for sure, Stone Mountain Campground to be exact, I did what I called "test camping". Since I'd never pulled anything before nor camped in a trailer, I towed it to Stone MOuntain park to test hooking up, setting up along with attaching hoses and figuring out what I needed, what I had to much of, etc. I worked during the day at home and camped at night. (Campground is 10 minutes from me... max...)

I had trouble unhitching (ball got stuck) and learned very quickly how incredibly helpful the camping community as a whole is. It blew my mind how willing they are to get other campers out of a jam they are. 

Since this event, I've learned quite a bit and am glamming out my Gizmo... stay tuned! ;)

PS - @GATabber, just learned you're a DAWG like I am (and have the color scheme I REAAAALLLLY wanted)... would love to adventure with y'all if you're up to it! ;)
    Love Stone Mountain! Been there a few times. Once in one of the outer loops that tend to be really unlevel, then several times in the "Orange" area. Very nice sites. Also enjoyed visiting the park and the fireworks/laser show.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    Rideau River Provincial Park, Ontario, CA.  Taken back in May.

Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

Idyllic campsite!

• DeltaPopDeltaPop Member Posts: 28
     Peninsula State Park this week.
    Don & Mary
    2018 Tab 400
    2019 Tundra CM
    Wisconsin
    I do love that blue light!

• SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    @BrianZ, our son lives in Norfolk.  We hope to visit him in Sept. or Oct. staying at First Landing.  The site you chose/were assigned is beautiful.  Do you remember the number?
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

This discussion has been closed.