Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site! Part 2

Comments

• Options
    aphillips76aphillips76 Member Posts: 15
    Jackson Lake State Park in CO. 4th trip since buying it 4 weeks ago..
  • Options
    aphillips76aphillips76 Member Posts: 15
    Jackson Lake State Park This weekend,

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    That looks so nice!  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Oh, what’s all that bright light?  Here’s my view of Lake Huron at Port Crescent S.P. MI

• Options
    Ipsar0Ipsar0 Member Posts: 31
    Allegheny River location Tidioutte Pa.  New home away from home with free unlimited camping.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    @caa677276 - I had heard it was a possibility.  Get ready folks... here it comes ***
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @jkjenn - Beautiful fall pic!  Great contrast to the black and white of @caa677276 and the snow.

• Options
    Beautiful beautiful spot @jkjenn!  How was the leaf change out there?  We are still green back east.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Beautiful beautiful spot @jkjenn!  How was the leaf change out there?  We are still green back east.
    The foliage was odd this year. Late around Crested Butte, Mixed around the Dallas Divide, but excellent around McClure Pass and Mt. Sopris. 

With no snow on the peaks and low water levels on lakes and rivers, it was not a banner year. I still thoroughly enjoyed myself.

The T@b was awesome, as always.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    @jkjenn, did you use your solar?
  • Options
    @jkjenn, did you use your solar?
    Yes...although it was weak...had mostly shady spots and then inadvertantly forgot a set of cables after the first campsite. But, the AGM GC batteries were sufficient for the stays.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Monte Sano State Park, Huntsville, AL Site #27

A mere 20 miles from the house, and just enough elevation on the mountain, that it was 15 degrees cooler. I left the park this morning, and my truck said it was 74, when I got down the mountain, the truck said it was 90.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    I had the privilege of camping with Mrs @2COUGS this past weekend, her first solo outing without Mr 2COUGS. Dare I say we will be doing more when spring arrives and things thaw out! It was also my pup Reggie’s first multi night trip and he is a wonderful travel pup! You can see he was quite comfortable!  Sunday morning there was a thick layer of frost on everything. I had winterized the previous weekend, but she was still hooked up to water. Note to self...a hair dryer is a must have piece of gear when cold weather camping! All ended well, it was a frozen spigot that was problematic. Anyway, we saw amazing fall colors!

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    What what a great send off to the season you two! Beautiful photos!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Homebodyatheart - puppy all snuggled, priceless! I love all the canine pictures with everyone. Poor 2Cougs, having to thaw the water!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    EmergencyKenEmergencyKen Member Posts: 29
    2Cougs said:
    Mrs @2Cougs and Murphy on one last campout of the season at Bowl and Pitcher (Riverside State Park) with @Homebodyatheart and her pup Reggie
    Nothing like a nice fire, hot coffee and freshly baked cinnamon rolls on a crisp Fall day!

We crossed the bridge and hiked to the other side of the river

and got some great shots... this is @Homebodyatheart ‘s “escape pod”

And if you look look closely you can see my T@b... beautiful sites overlooking the river!

Saturday morning we carpooled into town (15 min) to join everyone for a SpoT@b breakfast.... couldn’t miss that!

Sunday morning I was reminded why this was the last trip of the season.  It took an hour to get unhooked from the campsite’s spigot!  Was thankful for @homebody, a hairdryer, running the Alde all night, and that it was the campsite’s water that was frozen and not the T@b!  

I have a “newbie” question for you @2Cougs and @Sharon_is_SAM (and anyone else who wants to chime in).
    I notice you (and others) have the water filter connected between the water source and the hose.  
    What are the advantages to that as opposed to having it placed between the hose and the trailer?
    IMHO, it makes more sense to have to closest to the trailer in the event that the hose may get contaminated, it will still be effective.
    Cleveland, OH
    2018 Tab 400 
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    Husband, Nurse, Hufflepuff

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Mrs.@2Cougs & @Homebodyatheart, Thanks for sharing the pictures. It was great you two were still able to make breakfast Saturday with the SpoT@B group. Looks like a really fun time for you two & the camping puppies. I'm surprised Mrs. @Homebodyatheart didn't have the hairdryer on her hands though! Glad you two got things figured out. Mrs.@2Cougs, What a fun solo trip for you & Murphy. I've been waiting to hear when you were going to make the solo "plunge"! Now it's off for more adventures!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @EmergencyKen
    My placement of the filter was based on stress I noticed on the plastic input connection.  I wanted as little as possible.  Earlier in the life of the trailer we developed a leak at the junction of the fresh water pipe and trailer side.  Simple fix to tighten the mounting nut, but led to my "as little stress as possible" position.
    Btw, I also used a 90 degree elbow at the fresh water pipe and trailer side connection.

Your filter placement suggestion sounds very logical however...
    Mr@2Cougs

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Ipsar0 said:
    Allegheny River location Tidioutte Pa.  New home away from home with free unlimited camping.

I like the sound of that!  I'd love to explore that area.  Can you tell me a little bit more about free camping opportunities in the area? 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    rajamarrajamar Member Posts: 112
    edited October 2018
    @jkjenn re: "Pro tip: stay downwind of the pit toilets at the end of the season (pee-eew!)"
    I may have up and down confused meteorologically speaking, but it seems to me that it would be better to be upwind of foul odors.  💩💨
    2016 T@B S - TV 2004 Toyota Sienna
  • Options
    rajamar said:
    @jkjenn re: "Pro tip: stay downwind of the pit toilets at the end of the season (pee-eew!)"
    I may have up and down confused meteorologically speaking, but it seems to me that it would be better to be upwind of foul odors.  💩💨
    I was across the driveway....stay away from which ever wind that is!

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @EmergencyKen here’s my setup. I did make a change at the hose bib end: pressure valve, water filter, then brass Y connector, then hose to the 90’ brass valve at the Tab. I figured that I should filter all the water or none of it, not half and half. 

@ericnliz why do ‘ya think I was holding the hairdryer AND cupping the heat on the opposite side of the connector! Hello??? :rofl:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
This discussion has been closed.