Options

See what's coming in the new 2021 T@B 320!

Comments

• Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Any idea what is being used for AC in the 2021?  I have the old window AC unit, and I've missed the entire Air-8 mess.
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    the Air- 8...is still being used I believe..
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I don’t see any tank monitors unless they are part of the Nautilus system...
    They are in the panel where the light switches are located.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    CherokeeCherokee Member Posts: 120
    Denny16 said:
    That was my thought also, or a short (strain relief hose which are about 18-i24 inches long) with the quick disconnection the hose end, insert it from the top side of the connection box, then reach down and connect the feed hose into the quick disconnect fitting.

You can get Garden hose pipe quick disconnects from most home improvement stores, they are made of brass, and very durable.  I have been using them in my garden area watering system for years, no leaks and they work nicely.  I am adding one to my TaB400 setup, with a 45-degree angle fitting.  These are quick and easy to use, and gen in cold weather.

While most of these new changes will not impact current TaB owners (unless you plan to upgrade to a newer model), and if you try, you can find solutions to most of these issues.
    cheers

2019 320 Boondock connected at a campsite. Note - no trips to the plumbing supply store and NO modifications required
    1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (2" lift and 30" tires) 2019 T@B 320 Boondogle
  • Options
    CherokeeCherokee Member Posts: 120
    ontheroad said:
    @Cherokee ...I think nuCamp does a pretty good job of figuring a lot of things out...and they do listen to their customers (us)...but there is not "one size fits all" when it comes to how we all use our trailers...Marceline's poll proved that...
    My observations are mostly related to the ease of setting the trailer up, and the Boondock's off-road capability. NuCamp does a great job building these and it's one of the few available trailers this size that can be taken off-road. People stop and ask me about our trailer everywhere we go - both on the street and dirt. The potential for this market is huge. I'd simply like NuCamp to enhance the features that address the off-road market.   
    1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (2" lift and 30" tires) 2019 T@B 320 Boondogle
  • Options
    @Cherokee I do understand ...our fresh water hook up is hard to get to because of the angle on it...we added an adapter..the point is we shouldn't have had to...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    marjamrmarjamr Member Posts: 26
    Just bought a new 2021 T@B 320 S with the solar and microwave features. The cassette toilet is what sold me. I was also considering an A Liner Ascape for that reason. We had a 2009 Tada in the past and I loved that camper. Wish we had never let it go. It had the cassette toilet and it worked out great.
    In regard to the T@B, the only issue I have so far is that the two burner stove was delivered to me without a glass cover. The dealer told me the cover didn't work and was a manufacturing error. He said that when the cover was lifted it hit the the wall of the camper and could not be lifted high enough to lock open so they removed it. Sure limits counter space. I contacted NuCamp by email but they said they were unaware of this issue. Not sure where to go from here. Might try to have a cutting board made to fit over the burners.
    How do you get used to not banging your head on the cupboards when you have the bed all laid out. Ouch!
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited March 2020
    marjamr said:
    Just bought a new 2021 T@B 320 S with the solar and microwave features. The cassette toilet is what sold me. I was also considering an A Liner Ascape for that reason. We had a 2009 Tada in the past and I loved that camper. Wish we had never let it go. It had the cassette toilet and it worked out great.
    In regard to the T@B, the only issue I have so far is that the two burner stove was delivered to me without a glass cover. The dealer told me the cover didn't work and was a manufacturing error. He said that when the cover was lifted it hit the the wall of the camper and could not be lifted high enough to lock open so they removed it. Sure limits counter space. I contacted NuCamp by email but they said they were unaware of this issue. Not sure where to go from here. Might try to have a cutting board made to fit over the burners.
    How do you get used to not banging your head on the cupboards when you have the bed all laid out. Ouch!
    Congrats!

Something like this might work for the stovetop (or DIY an equivalent): https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-Hardwood-Cutting-Non-Skid-Flexible/dp/B000EDOT8C/ But I would definitely be pushing back hard on getting a fix from nuCamp, because that doesn’t sound quite right.

Regarding the bed, if you’re short enough to do so, many of us sleep side to side across the camper rather than back to front. Or sleep with their heads towards the front instead of the back. Some add padding to the cabinet edge, anything from a pool noodle as a short term fix until they learn, to a DIY custom job permanently installed. I’ve tried being head first under those cabinets and frankly it makes me claustrophobic, so I opted to go the side to side route.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Victoria P. Thanks, that’s good advice. I like the pool noodle idea. 
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Actually @marjamr it is helpful to take a hard hit the first time you do it-only takes one to develop the memory to duck, even when  mostly asleep.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    marjamr said:
    I think your dealer might not have understood how the stovetop worked. Check out the video, below at about the 3:50 mark. 

https://youtu.be/22T2ZjLzobI

I would go back to them with this video and ask them to get you a cover. If they don't, then reach out to nüCamp.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Jkgenn,
    The dealer seemed to understand how the top was supposed to work. He said the corner of the glass top hit the wall of the camper before it could be opened far enough to engage the locking action so the glass would just fall forward onto the cooking surface. Not having seen the glass he removed, I don’t know if it had the notch on the upper right corner as depicted in the video. If it did not have that notch, that might be the only thing I can think of that would get in the way of the glass locking. 
    The dealer is located two hours away from me. Not in a hurry to go running back there. 
  • Options
    gspdxgspdx Member Posts: 208
    Sounds a little fishy to me.  I would agree with jkgenn.  As a minimum you bought the glass whether it worked or not.  I would call the dealer and ask them to mail you the glass top you bought.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Ecoboost with tow package
    PNW
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,502
    edited March 2020
    gspdx said:
    Sounds a little fishy to me.  I would agree with jkgenn.  As a minimum you bought the glass whether it worked or not.  I would call the dealer and ask them to mail you the glass top you bought.
    Doesn't sound right to me either. I would actually email the dealer and CC warranty@nucamprv.com 
    Sometimes it's best to get things in writing.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    I have contacted NuCamp warranty by email and should hear something in a couple of days. 
  • Options
    @marjamr ...sounds like he needed to fix another unit and took yours...glad you've reached out to nuCamp!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    OK. New issue. For the life of me, I cannot find the glycol fill tank on the 2021 320S. I removed every triangular panel beside and under each rear speaker. Nothing. I looked under every seat and cushion. Nothing. There are no other removable panels that I can see in the bathroom or in the cupboards or anywhere outside.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    We wondered about it’s whereabouts, too over on another thread!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    I have a call in to nuCamp.  Customer Service will tell us the location soon.
  • Options
    How about behind the mirror in the bathroom?  Just a guess.
  • Options
    OK, per nuCamp Customer Service, the 2021 320 and clamshell model Alde glycol expansion tank is located in the bathroom, on the wall under the sink, behind a white panel that is held on with 4 white, plastic buttons.  Please take some pictures for the forum!
  • Options
    Will try to post a picture of the tank tomorrow. Also, I heard back from nuCamp warranty re: the missing stove cover on my 2021 320s. They said they are finding a problem with some of the covers hitting the shade and having difficulty staying up. Given that my camper was delivered without a glass cover at all, they offered to send me one to see if it works. I'm happy with that.
  • Options
    Here are some pics of the 2021 320S  glycol tank location. For the last pic I had to hold the cam inside the space to see the back of the tank where the levels are marked. Scared I was gonna drop the phone and never see it again.  :|

• Options
    Additionally, that tank gets really hot. Hot enough that you don’t want to rest your hand on it for long. 
  • Options
    thanks @marjamr!..perfect place for it it! and easy to get to!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    ontheroad said:
    thanks @marjamr!..perfect place for it it! and easy to get to!
    That is a lot better place for it! I would never have guessed it was there.

• Options
    Intrigued with the new features, I took a walk thru a 2021 T@B 320 S regular and Boondock edition.  Things I noticed were that bathroom was shorter, with the ceiling skimming my head (I'm 5'4").  The upper cabinets were quite small and virtually unusable.   With the modern cabinet design, there is no lip to keep items from sliding out.  The storage under the benches has been cut in half.  Other than that, I loved the new interior design with the dark cabinets, love the cassette toilet,  larger fresh water tank, the new fridge, the recessed Keder rail, and all exterior improvements.   

Since I find the Boondock edition too tall and have no need for a higher axle, I had the dealers price the regular T@B 320 S with the rooftop solar and front platform.  Alas, the price came in higher than a Boondock.  Rats!

Still kicking around the idea of an upgrade.  Anyone else upgrade to the same unit but later year?
  • Options
    gooselady said:
    Intrigued with the new features, I took a walk thru a 2021 T@B 320 S regular and Boondock edition.  Things I noticed were that bathroom was shorter, with the ceiling skimming my head (I'm 5'4").  The upper cabinets were quite small and virtually unusable.   With the modern cabinet design, there is no lip to keep items from sliding out.  The storage under the benches has been cut in half.  Other than that, I loved the new interior design with the dark cabinets, love the cassette toilet,  larger fresh water tank, the new fridge, the recessed Keder rail, and all exterior improvements.   

Since I find the Boondock edition too tall and have no need for a higher axle, I had the dealers price the regular T@B 320 S with the rooftop solar and front platform.  Alas, the price came in higher than a Boondock.  Rats!

Still kicking around the idea of an upgrade.  Anyone else upgrade to the same unit but later year?
    I think the switch from 3 smaller cabinets in the rear to 2 larger cabinets make the space much more usable. They seemed huge compared to the current small ones, to me. 

True the overhead kitchen cabinets are shorter, but also wider. You could never put a ton there, anyway. 

The storage under the fridge is a nice gain, too.

• Options
    Agreed, storage under the fridge and sink is increased.  Also the cabinet in place of the microwave is a big gain.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    The new design is certainly an improvement in terms of access to the plumbing behind the toilet. How to get to that area was the first question I posted when I joined the forum in 2015. Coincidentally, four years later I had to chop an access panel in my bathroom wall to fix a small leak in the cold water supply system.
    Unfortunately, the new design does not offer any better access to the bottom of the Alde expansion tank. Removing the heating lines from the tank for the purpose of flushing the glycol loop will still be a near impossibility.
    2015 T@B S