Show us your Post-Quarantine Campsite!!

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    A.W. Marion was where we camped after picking up our TaB from Haydocy.  Good place to dewinterize and sanitize as we had full hook ups.  We wanted to be close to the dealer in case they needed to bail us out😂. Seems so long ago.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited July 2020
    Huh... the Earth is round after all... 

Was that an aftermarket fisheye attached to the drone lens?
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited July 2020
    Well, that campsite is going to be hard to beat.  Very Nice spot!
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    DougH said:
    Huh... the Earth is round after all... 

Was that an aftermarket fisheye attached to the drone lens?
    No, it's a 360 pano, so lots of shots stitched together.

At Kooser Statr Park in PA, this weekend.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @warbler_road...looks like the 400 is floating in the water...great pics!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • GiotaGiota Member Posts: 57
    I love Colorado and I love the Clam. I have been RVing forever and it seems like the awning was always on the wrong side for Wind or Sun. The movable "Clam" tent screen can be set up in 3 minutes and takes the highest winds. I love it. My TAB is now the No Corona Inn. 
  • xdrxdr Member Posts: 259
    @Giota, what size clam is it? I looked and looked at those because they seem so convenient. My concern was that the tent folded up was too long for our truck bed. Do you pack it in your Tab? 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • kellywkellyw Member Posts: 56
    xdr said:
    @Giota, what size clam is it? I looked and looked at those because they seem so convenient. My concern was that the tent folded up was too long for our truck bed. Do you pack it in your Tab? 
    I have one and I travel with it inside my 320 with no issues. It’s long but I leave the bed down and it slides right in on top. HTH. Super easy to set up too! I can do it all by myself. 😁
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock White/White; TV: 2020 Honda Ridgeline 
    2015 T@B Sofitel Silver/Silver;  TV: 2011 Honda Pilot
    Maryland's Eastern Shore - Ravens, Crabs, Bohs & O's!

Traveling with Violet Bean, most of the time...
  • GiotaGiota Member Posts: 57
    Clam fits in my regular Toyota Tacoma truck  bed easily. I got it on Amazon approx. $200.
    Sets up in 3 minutes. I am so glad I don't have to worry about an awning attached to my RV anymore. I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF AWNINGS DAMAGED BY WIND, WHICH IN TURN, DAMAGES THE RV. 

I have a Clam Traveler. It is rock solid but only for 1-2 people.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Thank you for the feedback. I think we will reevaluate this idea. We got a cheapy screen tent for a big trip this year and it was pretty flimsy. 
    Suggestions on sizes? 
    BTW- your Colorado campsite looks wonderful! Peaceful and beautiful...
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    xdr said:
    Thank you for the feedback. I think we will reevaluate this idea. We got a cheapy screen tent for a big trip this year and it was pretty flimsy. 
    Suggestions on sizes? 
    BTW- your Colorado campsite looks wonderful! Peaceful and beautiful...
    It really depends on what you want to use it for. Like jkjenn, I have the 4 sided Clam Traveler, which is smaller and lighter than the one Giota has in the picture. At 6’ square, it’s fine for 2 people and two dogs, but at that point you probably aren’t going to have room to set up a camp kitchen or a table to eat at, so if that's a priority, you’ll want to upsize. The Clams are built well and are very sturdy when anchored...I did upgrade the stakes pretty much immediately, and the no-see-um mesh blocks most breezes, so you may need a fan inside if you’re heat sensitive.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    I cant tell you how jealous I am of that trip. We’ve wanted to make a loop like that for years and years, maybe since moving to Texas 17 years ago.  I grew up in northern Utah, and miss the mountains so much at times my heart aches.  But... someday soon, we hope, we’ll get to take our little 400 back to the mountains with us.  In the meantime, thanks for sharing your trip.  Keep em coming folks.  Love it!!
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
  • gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 504
    Great photos, Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Nicely done you two! Congrats. Did the Big Loop last year...in a tent. Awesome adventure and jealously waiting to do it again with the T@B. Way to get out there, guys. Enjoyed the pics. Thanks for sharing. 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

What a fun trip-and great photos! 
    Where did you take the picture with the boats on the lake? The pictures are beautiful 
  • BentoBoxLifeBentoBoxLife Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2020
    Thanks, All!  The loop was great. @ADRawli I grew up in Arizona so I really understand that feeling of missing the mountains. All of you who live near them are so lucky!!! @xdr : the photo with the boats on the lake was at Big Arm Resort right off of highway 93 in Big Arm, Montana.  The lake is Flathead Lake. Here’s another photo there, from inside our camper.
    Liz & Tony
    2018 T@b 400   2019 Subaru Ascent Limited

I just put Flathead Lake on our list for next year’s big trip! So glad you had a great time. 
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    Wright’s Beach, Sonoma Coast State Park. August 2020. 

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @Marceline-  They let you pull on the sand?  And overnight??? Awesome!  Folks live in Santa Rosa, so that needs to go on the list for next time we head that way.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

2Cougs said:
    @Marceline-  They let you pull on the sand?  And overnight??? Awesome!  Folks live in Santa Rosa, so that needs to go on the list for next time we head that way.
    There are about 8 waterfront campsites and it’s really hard to get reservations, although it’s always worth it to check for cancellations. There’s actually some kind of pavement at the sites but it’s completely covered by sand. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Nice wing walls!  I’ll bet they came in handy.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    Nice wing walls!  I’ll bet they came in handy.
    Absolutely. It was very windy. Sorry that I didn't have a kite.
    Here's a link if anyone needs a pair: https://www.teardropgalleywingwalls.com/
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Back in Walnut Creek

• ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    jkjenn said:
    Back in Walnut Creek

I’m sure we’re all prejudice to our own little T@Bs, but yours has to be just about the cutest one out there.  Love that plaid!
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.