Options

Have any of you removed the annoying Laguna table and just trays for eating or watching iPad's etc?

CCCCCC Member Posts: 116
edited August 2022 in Trailer & Towing
Open to any ideas. It is just a pain to move.
2022 T@B 320 S Boondock  "UGA", Jeep Gladiator Overland
North Georgia

Comments

• Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Ours is in the attic. Too heavy, and too finicky when installing. We leave our bed made all year round, and outside it's not practical for our needs.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    edited July 2022
    The first two years of ownership, the Lagun sat in a storage bin at home. I have a tray with handles that I use as a side table/cupholder/nightstand. I eat holding my bowl or plate in my hands or lap, exactly as I’ve done at home for years. (My dining table really needs to be donated to someone who will actually use the silly thing.)

This spring, I added a second mount near the door, and put the Lagun over one end of the dinette, to use as extra counter space (which was a big help) and as something of a coffee bar area while in camp. This works well for me because I’ll literally never use it as a dining table, and because I’m solo, losing one end of the dinette is no big deal. 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    My 2013 T@B came with an even worse table. I thought about installing a Lagun, but I have a folding aluminum table that I can use indoors or outdoors. 
    https://amzn.to/3as75Yw
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    edited July 2022
    If the bed is deployed we use a serving tray as a platform for food/drinks/etc.  We haven't removed the Lagun table because we often use it outside when at the campsite.  I have a someday project to replace the Lagun table surface with a lighter 3/4th inch wood or laminate top. 
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    mntrailsmntrails Member Posts: 143
    I made a replacement top 1/2 the size.  Serves well to eat on and as a stand for a laptop or book but swings well enough out of the way that its not bothersome.  
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock - 2018 Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    It is always interesting to hear/read other folks views on features of a product.
    While I would agree the Lagun Table in my 2018 is not ideal in all aspects . . .
    I really do like it :)
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 379
    edited July 2022
    Hi,  When we get to a site, one of the first things we do is set up the Lagun table outside.  It is stowed in TV.  We really like it outside for cooking (near an outlet) and a coffee station.  In addition to using gas stoves, we have a single burner hotplate we use a lot and for longer trips a pannini press (when on shore power).  

I made a lighter table top with drop leaf sides for the inside.  It's the same size as the lagun table, but becomes much narrower with the drop leaf sides down.  I bought a second set of lagun hardware.  After dinner, we place it outside the tab door  (if we eat inside) and in the morning, bring it inside for coffee or breakfast (again if the weather is lousy or cold).  If it's raining or I'm too lazy to take it outside at night, I just stand it up in front of the the passenger side bed before going to sleep. We just did this routine everyday for a recent 8 week trip.  We did not find it a hassle or a pain.  But everyone is different.

Good luck and happy table top...
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    I used to just sit the table top on the driver's side bench, with the "stub" of the table in one of the gaps between the cushions.  Kind of a night table setup.  I recently did the "move the table to the passenger bench" side of the trailer and it is excellent.  Can be used as extra counter space for the kitchen, etc.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,505
    We used it only a few times inside.  The outside mount is awkward with our tent set up.  We travel with the bed deployed.  If we need to sit inside in cold weather, we break down the bed and use our home made, wide bed slats as a place for drinks and plates as needed.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    I do not find it annoying, I like it quite a lot, I think it’s versatile and works quite well in the small space of our 320. Not sure what would work better without adding another piece of furniture to have to carry. 
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    CCCCCC Member Posts: 116
    Marceline said:
    My 2013 T@B came with an even worse table. I thought about installing a Lagun, but I have a folding aluminum table that I can use indoors or outdoors. 
    https://amzn.to/3as75Yw
    I have the same one. Didn't think about using it inside that might be the ticket. Would be so much easier to move. Tempted to ditch the laguna and get another of those.
    2022 T@B 320 S Boondock  "UGA", Jeep Gladiator Overland
    North Georgia
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    Slackers said:
    If the bed is deployed we use a serving tray as a platform for food/drinks/etc.  We haven't removed the Lagun table because we often use it outside when at the campsite.  I have a someday project to replace the Lagun table surface with a lighter 3/4th inch wood or laminate top. 
    If you like to use it outside, as long as you're going to the effort to make a new top, I would make it out of something weatherproof like Starboard. Or maybe use the top from an aluminum camp table. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited July 2022
    A a good quality marine or Baltic Birch plywood properly sealed on the edges and top/bottom surfaces will hold up fine to occasional wet weather.  I made a Lagun table top from a 12”x16” mahogany 3/4” board I had left from a boat project.  This would also,work, with a good varnish or Urathane finish on it.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Thanks @Marceline and @Denny16 for the ideas.  Yes, it would only need to hold up against occasional wet/humid conditions, but I think the look should approximate that of the rest of the camper.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    If you use Baltic Birch and stain it gray, it would match some ofmthenTaB’s woodwork or interior color scheme.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,434
    edited July 2022
    The evolution of attitudes is funny. My T@B (2015) came with a clunky table that you would raise for dining and lower to provide support for the bed. It was almost universally hated, and a popular mod was to ditch the table and install simple slats for the bed. Many owners also purchased and installed the much heralded Lagun table themselves. Eventually, nuCamp transitioned from the cumbersome "elevator" table to the Lagun and and slat combo.
    Slick as it was, I always thought futzing with and storing the Lagun would be annoying, so never installed one. In the rare event that I need a surface in the seating area, a few carefully placed bed slats make a passable coffee table. YMMV!

2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG the use of bed slats for a table would be more effective if that glass were half full.   :)
  • Options
    KimmieGuyKimmieGuy Member Posts: 27
    I use the table for outdoor use only.  I have learned though that it does not like water particularly.  It’s a little warped on one edge.  I love it outside mounted for the radio and the phones, since the plug is real close for charging.  
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    I guess we're strange. We made a larger table, 20x36in. It stays outdoors mostly. 6 coats of polyurathane, makes it water proof. It is longer than stock and the mount is off center. This makes it reach back to the kitchen (320CS). All the way up and it's even with the kitchen countertop and down for eating.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 180
    Have both the inside mount and an outside mount. Usually cook outside and eat outside. If not, we use small trays on the split twin beds. The original table was just too big for us. I made smaller surfboard style tables and found we rarely used them. Find it easier to use a GCI Folding Camp Kitchen outside and just small trays inside. 

2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I had an inside mount and installed an outside mount for the table in my former 2015 320 T@B.  A friend made a nice table top and we enjoyed it outside as it was like having your own cafe and dining area.  Add in a small Bluetooth speaker and the atmosphere was complete.  I took the mounting post in to a machine shop and had them drill a hole to allow the table to be mounted lower.  It was a better product than the clunky table frame and table that use to com
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    homerdhomerd Member Posts: 37
    On our trip to Alaska I wish I would have left it at home. Seemed to always be in the way, but when needed was nice to make and set adult drinks on. Next trip I will leave at home along with the side velcro attached cushions!
    2022 Tab 320S Boodock
    2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    2013 KZ Durango 336RE
    2013 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ Duramax
    Akron, Ohio Summer/Fall and out camping
    Largo, Florida Winter

• Options
    WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 188
    We like our Lagun table. I might make a new top out of some nice wood this winter but all in all, we like it. It always stays inside. We set up an outdoor kitchen on an aluminum table where the outside mount is. 

We sleep in the twin bed configuration so we never have to take it down. We put it right in the middle and use it as a nightstand. I did change the mount under the table so it’s off center front to back. That way it sits a bit farther back at night (more room to get up at night). Conversely, we rotate it the other way when we use it for eating and it comes out farther, more centered over the cushions. 
    2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    edited August 2022
    We don't leave home without it.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    We year round camp with the trailer (rain and cold) I can't envision cooking inside w/o the extra shelf. Additionally we don't want to deal with storing separate trays. However I also find putting it away for travel and night use is annoying. I have the @SLJ mount in mind for storing and head/foot board. BTW we also offset the table like @WayneW. We love this change as it makes better use of the night stand application but beware it promotes some additional swinging to position it well. We rented a T@B with the old style boat anchor table - THAT I would have tossed!
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 213
    If you don't mind the look, saw 1/2 inch off one end, sand flush and bullnose with a router.  It will then fit standing on long edge  between the two bed seats.   Or I made a new baltic birch ply top for ours. 
    Travel : leave the post vertical, swing arm vertical, bungee together. 
    Sleeping :  lay post on floor and stand table on edge under bed.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    @Maxcamp8 not sure, do you mean block the hot air vents on the bottom or ? pic? We only pull our slats 1/2 way with a split cushion to allow walking space between beds so it can't fit on the floor.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 180
    Our 2018 came with indoor one and I installed extra mount outside by outlet when bought camper...even made surfboard tops for both of them. But find it's easier to use trays inside and folding GCI table outside. Makes life simpler for us. 
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods
  • Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 213
    edited August 2022
    pics

TRAVEL.   Three-piece foam topper and bedding not shown.  Post makes a good bump stop for them and the loose plywood bed insert which gets wedged in with foam.  

SLEEP.  AC vent works just fine.

SLEEPING

CARRY

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck